aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

craig brewster must be about 73 now, blimey they'll be signing ally mccoist next!

Brewster just turned 40, I think.

Incidentally, Ally McCoist and several other of the mid 90's 'nine in a row' side are due to appear in a Rangers XI at Firhill for the great John Lambie's testimonial next month. Any excuse to chant at that lot one more time should not be missed! Highlights in Jags colours should be Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon, Steve Pittman, Roddy Grant, and the one and only Chic Charnley (who scored a cracker from 25 yards out at Kenny Arthur's testimonial against Celtic pre season).......

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally, Ally McCoist and several other of the mid 90's 'nine in a row' side are due to appear in a Rangers XI at Firhill for the great John Lambie's testimonial next month. Any excuse to chant at that lot one more time should not be missed! Highlights in Jags colours should be Jim Duffy, Danny Lennon, Steve Pittman, Roddy Grant, and the one and only Chic Charnley (who scored a cracker from 25 yards out at Kenny Arthur's testimonial against Celtic pre season).......

god i remember chic charnley - a thistle legend!! still if sheringham can cut the mustard at 40 then there's no reason why brewster cant, i always thought he was a decent player. and stanley matthews played top flight footy till he was 50!

Roddy Grant is the father of my wee cousin's mate. My wee cousin is about 1000% times cooler than me however, so this is probably insignificant to him.

The next two Dons games are massive.

Obviously beating Rangers on Saturday would be awesome, but we've also got Kilmarnock at home on Boxing Day, and a win against them also would leave the table looking pretty lovely going into the new year.

Hopefully attendances at 'Todders will stay high now too - not just for the game this weekend.

Interesting to know what his wages are. Killie must have offered more as he would have been expected to play more but still. I'm also slightly confused on the Shiels front, he would have been an awesome signing but I can't see us signing another striker and it looks like Daal wont be getting a sniff.

Got my Dundee United tickets today, selling pretty fast, should be a good crowd. Anyone else going?

The referee was absolutely terrible - overrulling his linesman for the basic of decisions. Dons' defending in the first half was pretty shocking, but Nacho Novo is a diving little cunt. We deserved at least a draw - especially after hitting the post twice.

Sebo worth £1.8million is a joke.

Fans behaved, and Rangers fans really need to put those Union Jacks away.

Gutted. No idea how we didn't get something from that game. It was all us in the 2nd half and the goals seemed unlucky in the 1st. The referee and that cunt of a linesman by the main stand were fucking awful.

The point when Rangers started playing Basketball under the linesman's nose, and he didn't notice, was incredlible... Shocking!

Damn shame. Given the millions of pounds of difference between the teams on the pitch today you hav to say that the Dons are punching above their weight, almost...

I missed the second gers goal for watching three Rangers fans coming close to getting the living daylights battered out of them after they jumped up and down in glee at the first goal, in the main stand?! DAFT GITS. I believe a female copper bundled one of them down the stairs rather sharply and none too politely. Probably for being plain stupid!

Guest DustyDeviada

I missed the second gers goal for watching three Rangers fans coming close to getting the living daylights battered out of them after they jumped up and down in glee at the first goal, in the main stand?! DAFT GITS. I believe a female copper bundled one of them down the stairs rather sharply and none too politely. Probably for being plain stupid!

Ha! Me too, they were right behind us.

Ha! Me too, they were right behind us.

Did you take a shower when you got home?

I hate the cunts - I made a rare trip to Rugby park at the end of last season and they beat us 3-1.

That was fair enough, but the fact that their scum fans were throwing bottles, terrorising grannies (RP is next to a sheltered housing complex) and running over the top of parked cars made me sick.

...and that was after a game that they WON o_O

Cunts.

(I'm sure most of them are OK, but I'm happy to tar them all with same brush :laughing: )