aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

you know before we were relegated into this tin pot league i hadn't heard of half the teams in it - the aforementioned grays, tamworth, forest green, crawley town to name but a few. i found you have to learn quickly!!! thing is we're seen as one of the bigger clubs in the division despite the fact we're on the whole dreadful (support wise we're in the top five mind) so a lot of these teams are wanting to turf us over the same way that prem clubs want to turf man poo, chelski or arsehole or SPL want to get one over on the old firm.

It'll be tough to get out of that league if everyone wants to beat you so bad....and you're dreadful! That's a terrible combination (just ask Paul Le Guen!).

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was going to go to the game this saturday, but after seeing that, i'll pass. We blew a great chance to get to second yesterday, we never have the bottle. Typical Aberdeen.

The.....bottom.......line

I think I'll still go on Saturday but only because I've got used to moaning on a Saturday afternoon! It's not all bad, our league position is reasonable but only because a'body else is shite too except Celtic at the moment.

It'll be tough to get out of that league if everyone wants to beat you so bad....and you're dreadful! That's a terrible combination (just ask Paul Le Guen!).

and only two teams go up an all (and one of those via the play offs) i think i'll be watching conference football for sometime :down: on the plus side setanta are showing 80 conference games next season :up:

and only two teams go up an all (and one of those via the play offs) i think i'll be watching conference football for sometime :down: on the plus side setanta are showing 80 conference games next season :up:

God help Sentanta subscribers! Might as well start a Highland League round-up and ladies football show! :laughing:

Good luck to the U's anyway :up:

God help Sentanta subscribers! Might as well start a Highland League round-up and ladies football show! :laughing:

Good luck to the U's anyway :up:

the plan is to show games on a thursday night, a cracking alternative to the UEFA cup, watching Crawley Town vs Morecombe on a cold november night, slogging it out in a mud bath, thats proper footy that is!

thanks for the luck (we need all we can get), we're playing another team i didnt know existed on sat, the mighty Gravesend!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

How nice it was to see F****** upset the Jungle Jims last night, how pleasant indeed. This just gets worse, the prospect of the raging, 6-fingered, web-toed hoorbags in a Cup Final is more stomach-churning than almost anything I can think of. The bricks I shat in the 1997 Scottish Cup Final....

In other developments, looks like Steve Kenny will be the new DA boss. Steve who? Well, he's currently boss of the mighty Derry City. Still, last time we appointed an unknown was Tangoman, and he did pretty well for us.....

Guest Jake Wifebeater
the plan is to show games on a thursday night, a cracking alternative to the UEFA cup, watching Crawley Town vs Morecombe on a cold november night, slogging it out in a mud bath, thats proper footy that is!QUOTE]

Damn right. The worse your team gets, the more the squalor needs to be romanticised.

stephen kenny would be an excellant appointment for dunfermline, i've seen derry city a few times and they like to play neat attacking football. he's taken derry about as far as he can so would probably welcome a new challenge he turned a going nowhere mid table side into one which challenged for the eircom league both this season and last. plus a cracking run in the UEFA cup this season. could be a very shrewd appointment methinks.

the plan is to show games on a thursday night, a cracking alternative to the UEFA cup, watching Crawley Town vs Morecombe on a cold november night, slogging it out in a mud bath, thats proper footy that is!QUOTE]

Damn right. The worse your team gets, the more the squalor needs to be romanticised.

blood and guts football as archie macpherson said when commentating on scotsport 'exclusive' 1st division highlights programme a couple of years back!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
stephen kenny would be an excellant appointment for dunfermline, i've seen derry city a few times and they like to play neat attacking football. he's taken derry about as far as he can so would probably welcome a new challenge he turned a going nowhere mid table side into one which challenged for the eircom league both this season and last. plus a cracking run in the UEFA cup this season. could be a very shrewd appointment methinks.

You've sold me! Hope to fuck we get him now.

Don't call him Shirley.

Sorry I was watching Airplane last night.

Le Guen was supposed to be the saviour for Rangers and he's done nothing at all to improve them. I can see them coming second this season but really, that's not what the Rangers board were looking for and I think Le Guen may be looking for a new job in the summer.

Great result for the dons today to leave Caley in our wake in the league. Good performance in the first half and we were all over Moherwell. It got a bit scrappy and bogged down in the second after they got their comedy equaliser though.

Anyway:

Rangers 2-0 Dunfermline Athletic :(

Hibernian 2-0 Inverness CT :D

Dundee Utd 1-0 Kilmarnock :)

Aberdeen 2-1 Motherwell :D

Just hope Hearts lose on Monday.