aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Thought the dons were brilliant in the first half, playing good balls into the strikers from the midfield area who were then holding it well and distributing it nicely to the wingers - good to watch.

Second half was pretty awful and it was BLOODY COLD. I've had enough of Langfield - never thought he was good enough.

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good passing and hold up play from the Dons in the first half, looked a genuine threat going forward for the first time this season. Having two strikers that can make intelligent runs and a good first touch really does make a huge difference.

Now joint 2nd in the league. Lets hope hearts get beat and also for a draw next week when they play rangers.

I couldn't believe the amount of fans today who all believed Aberdeen were playing like Brazil!! They were very very average today, and won not because they played great, but because they played better than a very poor team with no passing ability whatsoever. Good goal by Jamie Smith though.

Another gripe- the hype around Chris MacGuire. He is a great wee player, and every time i've seen him he looks to bring a bite of life to Aberdeen's play. But.... its starting to get silly how much pressure the fans are putting on him. A couple of guys sat round me today were screaming every 15secs "GIVE IT TO MCGUIRE!!". And when Aberdeen had a free kick that Jamie Smith or Scott Severin smacked into the wall "LET MCGUIRE TAKE IT!!". when Mcguire gets the ball - "TAKE THEM ALL ON, SHOOT!!". I mean for fuxake. Let the boy play his game, he's got potential, but isn't a savior in any way.

Congrats on the 3 points today. Bit miffed ICT didna get anything from the game v. Hibs. Got my ticket for the game at Parkhead next week though :up: Just hope Mike Fraser (our sub keeper) plays out of his skin!!

Oh yeah- Langfield :laughing:

I agree there is far too much fanfare around MaGuire. He looks a good player though and will gain confidence off the fans singing his name (which I did think was a bit premature!). I thought Motherwell were shit and we were bog standard today but I was bitterly cold, hungover and in a bad mood due to a disgusting pie incident. My mood certainly got better when Miller scored though. The best thing for me today was Langfield's howler, you have to laugh at these things!

Thank fuck Lovell is back and I hope he gets fit and a good run of games so that "The Dazzler" will remain on the bench. I don't think booing him when he comes on will do any good for his game though (unless it makes him quit football in which case carry on.) Not his fault he is shit and keeps getting a game.

Hart for Scotland. Anyone? Not a first choice but to have in the squad. Perhaps slightly red tinted specs but I think he's a better player than Robbie Neilson.

Anyone see Sheffield Utd's second goal today? A beauty. Also Milan V's Roma was a good game.

I was bitterly cold, hungover and in a bad mood due to a disgusting pie incident.

Hey, me too! I had the driest, shittest pie I've ever had at pittodrie yesterday. Poor show indeed.

I think it would have been good to see Hart getting into the Scotland B squad as he's been solid for a while now and was a contender for MOM yesterday.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrangers 2-0 Dunfermline

*groan*

Disappointing, but not surprising. Why is it every time we play a team they're in need of a lift? Getting isolated at the arse-end, Stephen Kenny has one hell of a job on his hands, and it's a visit from the Arabs on Saturday...........

The mother of all six-pointers.

Apparently he got booed onto the pitch again by some of the fans. Fucking idiots.

Good way for mackie to shut them up anyway. Going for a drink with my rangers supporting friend later on so I'm going to have a great time taunting him over their lowly league position!

didn't hear any booing this week, but it was a disgrace last week. bunch of idiots. yes we all know Mackie is by and large a lump of shite but to boo him before he's even kicked a ball is moronic.

credit to JC for today though. we were dire first half, a chore to watch. but came out with a total attacking formation second half and put them under a bit of pressure. best time to bring on dazzling darren when the opposition are tiring and you can't argue with his two goals.

2nd place :D let us hope for a Hearts and Rangers draw tomorrow.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 2-1 Arkwright's XI

Fantastic, let's see how the teams around me got on:

Motherwell 1-6 Hibernian

Nice one, that's chopped their GD a fair bit, only one to go:

Kilmarnock 2-1 Satan's Bastards

The icing on the cake, a perfect weekend for football, faith temporarily restored and a king's ransom spent at yesterday's programme fair.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 0-3 Aberfermline

Shite. What about my fellow basement boys?

Motherwell 4-2 Satan's Bastards

Can't complain, that little prick Stokes sent off for diving too!

Arkwright's XI 1-0 St. Mingin'

*groan*

Away to Kilmarnock on Saturday, might as well buy the noose now..........