aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Was there not some takeover and some dodgy stuff happening?

That was Kenny Black, who unsuccesfully tried to gain control of the club and keep David Robertson in the manager's job. When that went tits up, Black decided to head to the Angus Maracana (Links Park) to spend his cash instead.

No prizes for guessing who the manager is.....

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in Stockholm and am going to the AIK v. Helsingbourg (Larsson's team) game tomorrow. But i shall be kept up to date with the Huns v. ICT game via regular texts.

Bought the new Caley strip yesterday, so its getting its first airing tomorrow at this swedish top of the table clash :love:

Guest neil ex

Bizzarly, I'm actually going to an Oslo game towmorrow!

Good for youse, Patterson!! Another addition to the 'famous' ICT honours list!! Was quite happy that youse beat the huns! Predicted a 1-1 draw! :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Motherwell 2-1 Dunfermline

Arkwright's XI 1-4 Sellick

Them 1-1 St. Mingin'

*rage*

Joint bottom, only above the 'Rabs on GD. Only 4 points behind Aberfermline, mind you.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Woof!

Archie MacPherson - NO relation of mine!

Did you see that 'Action Replay' programme a wee while ago about Scottish TV football coverage? His contributions were priceless:

AM: 'I think the phrase 'woof' has become embedded in Scottish culture, I think it's more to do with an intonation of voice rather than the actual pronounciation of the word'

*cuts to clip of goal being scored*

AM: 'WOOOOOOOOOOF!'

Cracks me up every single time. Almost as much another BBC footie-mentary about Hearts blowing the 1986 league/cup double (sorry Starclusk.....).

Indeed. Wooooofff. Although i think Graham Bayne was offside for that goal :up: Which makes it even more sweeter!!

Just got back home from Stockholm, but without luggage as its lost :down: . Trust me to have my Caley top in there too, when i'm in Rangers mad Elgin. Was really looking forward to pissing off as many folk as possible this week.

Still, there's a fair few Huns at School that i can rip into come monday :up:

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Archie : "And this is now so agonising for Hearts...........Kidd..........what a substitution this has been for Dundee...........scores!"

Albert Kidd is still in demand to this day at Hibs Supporters Club functions, no joke. Sorry Starclusk, but it's Scottish football's funniest tragedy. I call it the "7 minutes of nausea" game. Then humped in the Cup Final a week later. I think the humour relates to the fact that they hadn't won anything since the 1957 Scottish Cup. But to cheer you up, when did Hibs last win the Scottish Cup? 1902.

Archie : "And this is now so agonising for Hearts...........Kidd..........what a substitution this has been for Dundee...........scores!"

Albert Kidd is still in demand to this day at Hibs Supporters Club functions, no joke. Sorry Starclusk, but it's Scottish football's funniest tragedy. I call it the "7 minutes of nausea" game. Then humped in the Cup Final a week later. I think the humour relates to the fact that they hadn't won anything since the 1957 Scottish Cup. But to cheer you up, when did Hibs last win the Scottish Cup? 1902.

I'm sure it was hugely amusing to the neutrals, but I still believe it left a lasting cynicism in my youthful jambo mind (was just 6 at the time) that may never quite be overcome.

As for Hibs, my favourite football chant - "When Hibs go up to lift the Scottish Cup, we'll be dead, we'll be dead".

Not sure how the ICT v. Falkirk game is going to pan out tomorrow. Falkirk have an incredible record at ICT Tulloch Stadium (Played 13, W 9 D 2 L 2). But with the speculation of Yogi going to Hibs, it could unsettle them as well.

If we get three points we could rocket right up the table, so fingers crossed xx

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Pars home to Hibs tomorrow, we always seem to play teams who've just punted a manager so fuck knows which Hibs will turn up. I'll be praying for a Caley win too, hope they fumigate the ground afterwards.

Here are my bets for tomorrow...

Bet Type : Trebles

Placed : 18/10/2006 15:10:30

Stake 1.00(1bets @ 1.00 per bet)

Transaction Number : N91075001

Chelsea V Portsmouth Portsmouth to Win @ 10.00 - Open

Inverness CT V Falkirk Falkirk to Win @ 4.00 - Open

St Johnstone V Queen of South St Johnstone to win @ 1.30 - Open

Bet Type : Fourfolds

Placed : 20/10/2006 16:53:01

Stake 1.00(1bets @ 1.00 per bet)

Transaction Number : 815836901

Wigan V Man City Draw @ 3.10 - Open

Charlton V Watford Draw @ 3.10 - Open

Norwich V Cardiff Cardiff to Win @ 2.40 - Open

Inverness CT V Falkirk Draw @ 3.10 - Open

Bet Type : Singles

Placed : 20/10/2006 17:43:44

Stake 7.50(1bets @ 7.50 per bet)

Transaction Number : X91696401

Dunfermline V Hibernian Hibernian to Win @ 2.37 - Open

A veritable selection!

Fraction off topic, but if anyone fancies a safe return then back Australia to bowl out England for less than 150 runs in tomorrow's ICC Trophy match in India. 5/1 on last glance......

or cambridge to beat oxford at 3/1 in tonight conference clash (btw there is no intense rivalry between the sides contrary to popular belief!!!!!) :up: