aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest neil ex

Miller was a lazy bastard at United and I can't see him being any different at Aberdeen, we've tried to get him before and he's never wanted to come and he'll probably be on a high wage. It was a good bit of business selling Budgie for £50k though..

yes yes fucking yes' date=' rob newman (not david baddiel's old sparring partner but the ex norwich defender) has been fired as cambridge manager, sorry just had to tell someone cos i'm fucking delighted![/quote']

And you've also been linked with a decent manager to take over. Shocking stuff:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cambridge_utd/5327654.stm

EDIT: Oh, and my acca for tomorrow has wins for Man U, Chelsea, Brum, WBA, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Gretna, Arbroath, and Berwick. £52 for the win........

And you've also been linked with a decent manager to take over. Shocking stuff:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/cambridge_utd/5327654.stm

EDIT: Oh' date=' and my acca for tomorrow has wins for Man U, Chelsea, Brum, WBA, Rangers, Celtic, Hearts, Gretna, Arbroath, and Berwick. 52 for the win........[/quote']

it would be fantastic if duffy would come and manage my humble team but it looks like mrs duffy is putting her foot down and won't allow to jimbo to come down and take the job.

couple of other scots also linked with the job - neale cooper and gordon dalziel.

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 3-2 Kilmarnock

Rrrrrrrrrrrangers 4-0 The Disgusting 6-Fingered Web-Toed Hoorbags

Lovely, and Crawford got the winner too. Right, next up? Oh, a visit to Parkhead.

*shits it*

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Sellick 1-0 Dunfermline

The Disgusting 6-Fingered Web-Toed Hoorbags 0-2 Aberfermline

Could have been worse, we've had much worse spankings in the Potato Bowl. We've gained on the inbreds by +1 GD, so I'll accept that.

my faith in football has been truly restored, a plucky 1-0 win (first win of the season) against local rivals (and pre season favourites for the title) stevange boro, a resounding performance from the lads and played the whole second half with 10 men (should have been at least four up by half time, people have commented it was our best performance in years! though not difficult granted). new manager in place and hitting the heady heights of 19th in the league, highest position all season!!!

and ex celtic player steve guppy was playing for stevenage just to give this post an SPL connection!!!

Jimmy Quinn has a fair bit of guile at lower Football League level' date=' he's probably as good as any at getting you back to the right end of that Conference table (still think Oxford will canter that league no trouble though).[/quote']

initially the supporters were disappointed because we all thought we'd poached promising manager chris wilder from halifax (who as it turned out used us to get himself a better deal there) but looking a quinn's credentials he's an excellent appointment, his coaching qualifications mean he could manage in the premiership!!! he took shrewsbury out this league and also nearly got reading in the premiership, did very well in norway recently and was working as a scout for the FA. he said all the right things in his first interview as well and i'm sure lee power has made the right choice, time will tell.

hard to see anyone catching oxford this season mind....

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Last night's CIS Cup action:

Dunfermline 0-2 Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrangers

*rage*

A jammy OG off Bamba who'd been having a great game up until then, then Kris Bastard Boyd pops up with a speculative punt. We can, er, concentrate on the league. Was funny to see Gretna pumped 6-scud, though.

Let's not talk about this afternoon.......

Yeah. Let's not. How about we talk about this lass I met tonight. She couldn't say anything without pluralising it. It was really, REALLY annoying - but she was with friends of mine, so I couldn't get rid of her. She'd had a fair amount to drink and was discussing how rough she was going to feel in the morning ; seemingly she was incapable of letting go of how "sicks" she was going to feel in the morning. "I'm gonna be really, really SICKS in the morning" she kept saying. "SICKS? I said." "Yeah, SICKS", she replied. It was annoying.

So eventually, I got bored of it, and ended up saying to her "you've got nothing of interest to say. Absolutely NOTHING of interest".

6-0.

Sorry.

Yeah. Let's not. How about we talk about this lass I met tonight. She couldn't say anything without pluralising it. It was really, REALLY annoying - but she was with friends of mine, so I couldn't get rid of her. She'd had a fair amount to drink and was discussing how rough she was going to feel in the morning ; seemingly she was incapable of letting go of how "sicks" she was going to feel in the morning. "I'm gonna be really, really SICKS in the morning" she kept saying. "SICKS? I said." "Yeah, SICKS", she replied. It was annoying.

So eventually, I got bored of it, and ended up saying to her "you've got nothing of interest to say. Absolutely NOTHING of interest".

6-0.

Sorry.

Git. I've seen worse, a Cl*de fan on P&B posted thus:

crossy.gif

1 across: Goals scored by Gretna yesterday at Firhill.

1 down: Goals scored by Thistle yesterday at Firhill.

I only hope that DC gets taken in for a 'chat' on Monday morning........

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Dunfermline 2-1 St. Mingin'

Hibernian 0-1 Them

Dundee United 1-1 Motherwell

Nice one! Crawford gets the winner yet again. A bit of daylight between ourselves and Motherwell, lovely. An away trip to Inverness on Saturday, I'll settle for a point.