aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

I think Foster has done well playing out of position. Not sure where his position is but it's nae LB. He's quick but doesn't beat people with skill very often, not a lot of trickery in the young fellow. I wouldn't have him starting if the whole squad was fit. I think he was put in at LB against Hibs to mark Sproule again, who Collins put down the left anyway...the clever husky voiced stud.

What about Dan Smith at LB? Is he the new Jamie Winter?

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come afc always get a goalie who cannae kick for shit? sticks

Well if you go for Mark Brown, then you'll get another woeful kicker to add to the list!!

Brown has had discussions with Falkirk about joining them at the end of the season, but is now back in discussions with ICT to see what we are offering. To be honest, our reserve keeper is actually better than Broonie, but just doesn't get a game :down: Maybe if he does move on Mike Fraser will go on to become a brilliant No.1 for us.

Also, there are reports in Inverness of Darren Mackie coming at the end of the season. It could be pretty lazy journalism, but there are some really credible sources saying otherwise.

Canna wait for tomorrow. John Rankin better have his long range shooting boots on as i fancy him to bang a few in past ©langfield

Well if you go for Mark Brown, then you'll get another woeful kicker to add to the list!!

Brown has had discussions with Falkirk about joining them at the end of the season, but is now back in discussions with ICT to see what we are offering. To be honest, our reserve keeper is actually better than Broonie, but just doesn't get a game :down: Maybe if he does move on Mike Fraser will go on to become a brilliant No.1 for us.

Also, there are reports in Inverness of Darren Mackie coming at the end of the season. It could be pretty lazy journalism, but there are some really credible sources saying otherwise.

Canna wait for tomorrow. John Rankin better have his long range shooting boots on as i fancy him to bang a few in past ©langfield

Haven't heard the Mackie rumour, JC said he's going to offer him a new contract this week so it seems unlikely. Can't say I'd be too bothered, he's hardly mr prolific.

Notice you signed Markus Paatelainen though. He'll do well in your reserves.

Notice you signed Markus Paatelainen though. He'll do well in your reserves.

After investigating his 5 month spell at aberdeen i found out: He played 5 times, scoring once then bust his ankle. Aberdeen decided not to offer him a contract as they hadn't seen enough of him.

He went on to get 3rd Division player of the year last season, and has been playing out of his skin for the Blue Brazil in the 2nd Division. 11 goals is not bad for a winger! All reports on PieandBovril and various other messageboards rate him highly, and say he will be a great signing for Caley. He is still young, and can play on both wings and the centre; being 6"1 will be a good asset for our wee squad!! Gets quite a few pens too:love:

All in all, i'm happy with the signing, especially at only 10k.

Aberdeen on the other hand are looking to their 'feeder' (sorry Jake!) club Dunfermline to buy Greg Shields, with Zander going the other way apparantly.

I'll give you a text tonight Chris to let you know the plans for tomorrow, if you fancy meeting up. By the looks of things it'll be a 11.30am meet up in the Prince of wales for pints and food, followed by boozing somewhere before the game

I'll give you a text tonight Chris to let you know the plans for tomorrow, if you fancy meeting up. By the looks of things it'll be a 11.30am meet up in the Prince of wales for pints and food, followed by boozing somewhere before the game

Message received. Won't make it for 11.30 but I'll give you a shout at some point.

It's never been a secret that Zanders a Celtic fan. But as long as he gives his all when wearing red I don't care.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Don't you think "tim" is rather an offensive term to be using?

Nope, not at all. Touchy bunch, these fucking Tims.

Anyway, back down to earth after last week and league business again. A trip to Satan's Toilet this afternoon and the necessary post-match delousing..........

Guest DustyDeviada
lovells in the air do do do do dooooooooooo

Ha! Yep, can't wait for our resident football expert Ross to get back and complain that ICT were far superior, they were robbed, stonewall penalty etc. ;)

We were pish.

Fucking Gary Dempsey on the left of midfield? Must be because of his blistering pace and sweet left foot. Terrible, terrible decision.

When is Jimmy going to realise that Chris Clark is not a central midfielder, and that Barry Nicholson's best position is not wide on the right..?

Lovell has to start on Thursday, and the team needs a kick up the arse.

On another note, Brewster's dislocated his shoulder and will be out for two months at least.