aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Justice!

Well technically its aberdeen's fault in the first place, as them and hibs agreed the date for a replay before the first cup game was even played, as it was the best date to secure sky tv money, should the game go to a replay.

They then scrape a draw, earn a replay and greet about the motherwell not changing their date. You can't just expect a club to do what suits you cause you want sky tv money. MAybe the Dons should of asked the cup replay to be moved to the wednesday night?

Well technically its aberdeen's fault in the first place, as them and hibs agreed the date for a replay before the first cup game was even played, as it was the best date to secure sky tv money, should the game go to a replay.

They then scrape a draw, earn a replay and greet about the motherwell not changing their date. You can't just expect a club to do what suits you cause you want sky tv money. MAybe the Dons should of asked the cup replay to be moved to the wednesday night?

this was all done on December the 16th though, more than enough time to re-arrange the Motherwell game for the Sunday. its not our fault the SFA didnt tell the SPL til the week before the game was due to take place!

nice to see your lot doing us a favour again. Shame Dunfermline couldn't make it a doulbe over Rangers.

And so begins our march on the top 6. UEFA cup spot perhaps? I'd accept a decent cup run though... ;)

Mike Fraser clean shhet as well. He'll be called up for Scotland by the end of March...

Do you fancy a pub lunch next sunday Chris? ICT v. Celtic is on Setanta :love:

And so begins our march on the top 6. UEFA cup spot perhaps? I'd accept a decent cup run though... ;)

Mike Fraser clean shhet as well. He'll be called up for Scotland by the end of March...

I don't personally fancy your chances on finishing 3rd (that's the only Uefa cup spot other than the Scottish Cup winners right?).

Only if Scotland have some sort of equivalent to the old English Non-league Internationals. He might be 'promising' but calm down, he's nowhere near breaking past Gordon, Alexander, Gallacher etc

I'm happy so long as we're not relegated and so long as Levein isn't poached for the Scotland set up. I think we need a good keeper, and build upon the good youngsters we've got coming through.

Do you fancy a pub lunch next sunday Chris? ICT v. Celtic is on Setanta :love:

Hmm. I shouldn't really as I'm skint until the last day of the month, but I could probably scrape together enough for lunch and a pint...

As for 3rd place, dream on. There's a spare slot in 6th but I don't see anyone outside ourselves, Hibs, Heart and Rangers finishing in 2nd or 3rd. Mind you we'll need to pick our form back up again to stay in the fight.

wanted by the football police for breaking the trades description act - a chancer operating under the name 'jimmy quinn' claims to be a football manager (also claims to have all the badges to manage at premiership level), evidence has proved he is useless, inept, tactically naive and has an unhealthy obsession of signing veteran former peterboro players who are both injury prone and liable to give away penalties when your 1-0 up 15 mins into the second half. if this man ever comes near your club you have been warned!

I don't personally fancy your chances on finishing 3rd (that's the only Uefa cup spot other than the Scottish Cup winners right?).

Only if Scotland have some sort of equivalent to the old English Non-league Internationals. He might be 'promising' but calm down, he's nowhere near breaking past Gordon, Alexander, Gallacher etc

Both comments of mine were entirely tongue in cheek. Of course i don't expect a keeper who has only played 4 SPL games to be called up to the national squad within 2 months. At most maybe 4 months... X)

As for the Europe comment, well it isn't impossible. We are only 9 points behind 3rd place, with 9 games to go before the split. There is also the opportunity of qualifying through the Scottish Cup... :)

1 Celtic 25 62

2 Rangers 25 45

3 Hearts 25 40

4 Aberdeen 24 39

5 Hibernian 25 36

6 Falkirk 25 33

7 Kilmarnock 25 33

8 Inverness CT 25 31

9 Dundee Utd 25 27

10 Motherwell 23 25

11 St Mirren 24 23

12 Dunfermline 25 14

As for the Europe comment, well it isn't impossible. We are only 9 points behind 3rd place, with 9 games to go before the split. There is also the opportunity of qualifying through the Scottish Cup... :)

6 Falkirk 25 33

7 Kilmarnock 25 33

8 Inverness CT 25 31

With 31 points and 9 games to go your main thoughts shouldn't be finishing in a european spot, it should be finishing in the top 6 full stop.

Here's the points needed to get into the top half of the split:

2000/01 Dundee 41 (lowest)

2001/02 Hearts 42

2002/03 Dundee 42

2003/04 Dundee Utd 42

2004/05 Motherwell 43

2005/06 Aberdeen 48 (highest)

So you're probably going to need around about 11 points from those 9 games.

Would this be the same "Jimmy Quinn-saviour of Cambridge United FC" that until recently graced your sig? ;)

I hear Inverness Caley Thistle are doing well these days, maybe you could poach their manager...

yeah he came with good credentials and i really wanted him to work out but on recent form (P7 W0 D0 L7 F2 A15) it is clear he doesn't really have a clue. since we've had 6 managers in the last three years i'm all for stability but this clown is taking us down to the conference south and possibly out of business!!!! mind you a win tonight in a crucial six pointer against fellow strugglers rushden and i might give quinn the old vote of confidence!!!

Starting with an easy 3 on sunday...

:laughing:

At least you're optimistic. Mind you after Celtic and Hearts you've got Motherwell, United, Killie then Dunfermline all of whom are frankly gash just now so there's no reason why you can't make it.

Be good for us to have some guaranteed points in the run in after April :]

:laughing:

At least you're optimistic. Mind you after Celtic and Hearts you've got Motherwell, United, Killie then Dunfermline all of whom are frankly gash just now so there's no reason why you can't make it.

Be good for us to have some guaranteed points in the run in after April :]

Celtic always struggle up in Inverness, and i don't fancy guys like Nakamura will fair well on a cold hard pitch.

Hearts are a shadow of their former selves just now, and could lose Gordon and Hartley before we even play them. Even if they don't go, speculation could unsettle them. Plus the last couple of times we've played them, they've been lucky to escape with a draw...

The likes of Kilmarnock, Motherwell, Dunfermline etc will no doubt be our downfall where we drop points.

a win tonight in a crucial six pointer against fellow strugglers rushden and i might give quinn the old vote of confidence!!!

Not happening, you might want to give him the finger Rudi Koertzen style. Funny how you mentioned doing an AFC Wimbledon if you go bust: should you get relegated and they go up, you'll be playing them next season 8o.........

Thistle have shifted all 900 tickets for Banff. If it isn't snowed off, it should be a cracking day!