aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Don't think he had much choice, although he might have been better sticking around at Pittodrie, might have got another chance after some of Langfield's howlers this season.

Esson was doing well at the Shrews until he fractured his cheek bone.

I follow the careers of ex-Dons in a worryingly obsessive way (receive e-mails from Doncaster Rovers, Northampton Town, Notts Forrest, Shrewsbury Town, Luton Town, Cardiff City [up the Bluebirds!], Bristol City and others I'm sure, its awfully sad)

Mackie for Scotland?! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Guest DustyDeviada
Esson was doing well at the Shrews until he fractured his cheek bone.

Well, I'll take your word for it, I did look up wiki which reckons he was dropped after not many games, but I realise it's made up by losers like us. ;)

Do we have anybody playing for Doncaster now Maguire's at the Pars?

Has Hignett retired yet?

Well, I'll take your word for it, I did look up wiki which reckons he was dropped after not many games, but I realise it's made up by losers like us. ;)

Do we have anybody playing for Doncaster now Maguire's at the Pars?

Has Hignett retired yet?

No ex-dons at Doncaster now, I should really unsubscribe! McGuire wasn't liked there and also was out with an injury for a long while (as well as hitting the headlines with stories of Domestic abuse and Chlamydia -[sp?]). Haven't heard of Hignett for a while, presume he's retired? In other exiled Scots news, Peter Canero's career in the MLS was a disaster with him being voted the biggest flop of the season by metro-fanatics (was at NY/NJ Metrostars, now called NY Red Bull).

This thread is affy quiet when the Dons haven't got a weekend game ;)

Quarter Final cup draw in 10mins or so... :popcorn:

Fingers crossed Hibs get Ceptic at home, Partick get St Johnstone, Dunfermline get Motherwell and we get Queen of the South at home :love:

Would love to get one over Ian McCall again!!

I fancy us to carry on our 100% record against Ceptic in the Scottish Cup. We were the better team when they were up in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, they just got two jammy goals that we gifted them. Our goal was a delight.

Bit of luck. Some hard graft. The semi's are in sight (yep, that excited!) :popcorn:

Also fancy us against that Lithuanian mob this saturday. All depends on which lottery machine is picking their team this week.

Guest DustyDeviada
Russell Duncan Goal Machine!!!

(Ironic i know.)

He's a distant cousin of mine, never met him but I see his grandad all the time. Great goal, my mum, who knows nothing about football watched North Tonight just to see it.

Jim Weir just unveiled at new Mo boss. Targeting a place in division one within four years apparently, arf!

Ross - seen the ticket prices for the Caley/Tims game? Absolutley shocking......

Yeah, but no doubt Celtic had a say in the prices too... since both clubs have to come to an agreement for cup game price structure. It'll still be a sellout regardless, at least a couple of hundred Ceptic fans will sneak into the home end... as usual. Just a shame i won't be there with a pair of these -> :guns:

Still, i've paid the same price for Scotland v. Georgia. I'd rather feel hard done by and be there to see my team win a hugely important tie, than sit at home/pub and wonder what it would've been like. Looking back, most of the population would've paid big bucks to be at the Scotland v France game. That'll go down as one of the most well spent 25 i'll ever spend, absolutely incredible.

...to sit beside the Rangers fans filling it.

Well after beating them twice this season already, they must've realised ICT are the better team.

In all honesty there are pretty much no Huns in the home end anymore, since we've progressed over the years. Elgin City games however, are full of that unwashed mob...