aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor game on Saturday amidst fucking baltic weather. Dunfermline never really threatened and it was a bit of a stroll for the dons really. 3-0 win without ever looking like they were trying very hard.

Still, Dunfermline weren't quite as bad as that Dundee Utd team that showed up earlier in the season. But really, they look like a team that know they're doomed.

Aye, the game was terrible this weekend, but a good win. And I always get stuck beside the red ultras and all their fucking flags :)

Good goals, but i thought Foster was terrible, as was langfield. He always makes one great save but his kicking and distribution seems to be getting worse with every game. And he needs to command his area more.

And how Mackie got man of the match is beyond me. Devoid of a first touch, misses the target when clean through and generally poor. Good finish for his goal mind you, although he probably closed his eyes and hoped for the best ;).

I thought Dan Smith did well, Seve was great and Hart had a good solid game.

Dan Smith was lazy (there was a couple of times where he just plainly refused to move for a pass), but did alright overall.

Hart was excellent, Seve is still not at the level he should be. I agree about Langfield, I still have little confidence in him but his save from Hamilton's volley was superb. Aberdeen keepers will always have poor distribution while Leighton is the one teaching them to kick.

Thought Foster had a decent game by his standards, Clark as well. Considine's going to lose us goals if he keeps passing backwards to Langfield.

I think I must watch a different Mackie from everyone else. Once again I thought he had a good game. Missed a sitter in the first half but he was always busy, caused problems and he was involved in two of the goals. His strike rate isn't great but if you add it together with how many he's set up this season then he's a valuable player for us.

I was a row or 2 in front of you right at the end of the row, so I know what you mean about the ultras. The flags don't annoy me nearly as much as their inability to join in the songs at the same time as everyone else. Nothing kills a singalong quicker than one section being out of sync.

Dan Smith was lazy (there was a couple of times where he just plainly refused to move for a pass), but did alright overall.

Hart was excellent, Seve is still not at the level he should be. I agree about Langfield, I still have little confidence in him but his save from Hamilton's volley was superb. Aberdeen keepers will always have poor distribution while Leighton is the one teaching them to kick.

Thought Foster had a decent game by his standards, Clark as well. Considine's going to lose us goals if he keeps passing backwards to Langfield.

I think I must watch a different Mackie from everyone else. Once again I thought he had a good game. Missed a sitter in the first half but he was always busy, caused problems and he was involved in two of the goals. His strike rate isn't great but if you add it together with how many he's set up this season then he's a valuable player for us.

I was a row or 2 in front of you right at the end of the row, so I know what you mean about the ultras. The flags don't annoy me nearly as much as their inability to join in the songs at the same time as everyone else. Nothing kills a singalong quicker than one section being out of sync.

Ye'r safer in the South Stand! Nothing but the occasional ridiculous random shout. My favourite from a few weeks ago. "McCurry you fucking horrible cunt of a human being!" after he gave a free kick against us for a blatant foul.

Langfield's save from Hamilton was excellent but that's the first time he's ever done anything impressive in my memory. Seve didn't stand out to me like he did to Bill Leckie in one of the Sunday papers. Agree with Chris on Dan Smith, he looks lazy and doesn't have a great deal of pace or skill that I can see. I'd rather have Stephen Glass at LB than our current options. Mackie will never be good to watch, will always fluff it a few times a game and should never ever be mentioned in the same breath as "Scotland Cap". He does a job though and I think we're starting to see the evidence of good coaching coming through. Top scorer too so he can't be doing that badly. Am I the only one who likes the look of Dyron Daal? Seems to hold it up well and isn't scared to get in about. He's got goals in his amateur boots.

Foster maybe suffered from having nobody worth man-marking. They were extremely bad :laughing:

Not sure if I magined it but the Mackie's clanger appeared to wobble a little on the ground before he got his foot to it resulting in him clipping it on the wrong side. Maybe wishfull thinking but it was under my nose... That aside he's a nippy wee chap.

The wind was atrocious on Saturday. You could actually see the ball change it's mind on the way up and again on the way down. Must have been a tad frustrating.

Didn't even bother going to the Sheepdip on Saturday, paying 20 to freeze and watch us get humped? Nah, we're as good as down. Out!

I was just about to type I'll be seeing you next season, however I wouldn't be surprised if Uncle Fester doesn't fucking relegate us yet.

Where are we on Saturday? Bastard Franchise Scum! Fucking great..............

Romanov launches Old Firm tirade

Finally, the madman gets one right....

"Romanov launches Old Firm tirade

Romanov is no stranger to controversy

Hearts majority shareholder Vladimir Romanov has accused the Old Firm of Rangers and Celtic of "buying off" referees and players in Scotland.

"They buy off players and referees," Romanov told Russian magazine Futbol.

"If two opponents are equally matched then the referees can have a real influence on the outcome."

But Celtic chairman Brian Quinn told BBC Radio Four: "I think it is absurd. Absolutely ridiculous. If he is saying this I will take legal advice on this."

And he added on the Today programme: "The Scottish Football Association will clearly take a clear view of this."

Romanov is currently involved in a legal dispute with the SFA after he appealed a fine for accusing Scottish referees of bias last season.

And he added of the Old Firm: "They have turned football into a type of showbusiness with their underhand games.

Romanov has an interest in Lithuanian side FC Kaunas.

And the controversial figure continued: "Celtic and Rangers? Even Kaunas are a match for them on the pitch."

Hah, we won yesterday at BFS for the first time. Right up ye!

Shame I decided to go to Links Park instead......

I cant actually remember the last time Elgin played without someone getting sent off. What happened to K.Black's 3 year plan to get into the 1st Division o_O ?

I just hope AC Milan tire out celtic before we face them a week today. We're awful just now :down:

I cant actually remember the last time Elgin played without someone getting sent off. What happened to K.Black's 3 year plan to get into the 1st Division

It's now a four year plan to get Montrose into the first division. However the team yesterday played just as rotten as they did when I saw them under Robertson. Spotted Maxi +1 in the pie queue yesterday, the great man looked chirpy despite the abject pile of pish his team were playing......

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Home to Kilmarnock today, and that's winnable if we can actually score.

And score we did! Pity Kilmarnock had already scored. Also a pity St. Mingin' got a draw too. 10 games left, shitter time. And we're at the Potato Bowl in a fortnight! Now, focus on the cup quarters..............

... and the build up for the ICT v. Celtic game begins! Chance to see our finest moments again and again and again.

Shame we'll get aaaabsolutely humped today :( At least i'm still pissed from last night, just opened another beer, pies in the fridge, scotch broth served and a couple of the boys (thankfully not 'bhoys') on their way over.

Shame i'm in Elgin and not Inverness today