aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DustyDeviada

Poor overall performance by the Dons in the second half though. I watched it online, complete with Chinese commentary, great game by "Sevelein" (no joke).

What's that coming over the hill, it's ricky foster, RICKY FOSTERRRR!!!

He was fucking terrible the entire game. His passing and distribution would have embarrased a pub player.

And as for Zander marking McDonald.... what was Calderwood thinking?, he got skinned about 5 times.

Rode our luck big style, but i'll take the points, pitch was terrible.

Off to the hunnery on Saturday it is then, we will win 1-0. Maybe. I hope.

Away to Inverness today, how much longer do I have to wait before it's "mathematically impossible"?

I'm just making my merry way there just now, followed by our first gig back since the crash in December at Inverness Ironworks. Totally shitting myself about both...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I'm just making my merry way there just now, followed by our first gig back since the crash in December at Inverness Ironworks. Totally shitting myself about both...

The strange thing is, you're probably bricking it more than me. We've never cuffed you lot in the premier, and we haven't won away all season. These records have to be broken sometime............

Depends if he goes, he's swithering over the temptations of the Glebe hedge...........

He's also swithering over the temptations of bed, because last night's session was more lethal than expected ........X)

Jags at home to Hamilton, only a fool will put this on their accumulator with our consistency......

Aye, I noticed that ex-Jags waster Manny Panther was in the York team. You lot must have been shite!

shite wasnt the word - the master tactician jimmy of quinn decides to play a 4-3-3 system (which on talking to people who were at the game was more like a 4-5-1) which hadn't been used before. so when does the hapless irishmen change things even though it was clearly not working at 0-0 and we were under the cosh??? after york got their 4th thats when! we finished the game with five players playing out of position - the man is clearly a buffoon. a regular i know at the abbey whose been going over 50 years ripped his season ticket up after the match sums it up really. i was going to miss the commentary today to go to the pub to celebrate st paddys day but i couldnt bring meself to do it!!!!

another nail biter at crawley this afternoon - another defeat and quinn will be gone and we will be all but down :(

Guest Jake Wifebeater
The strange thing is, you're probably bricking it more than me. We've never cuffed you lot in the premier, and we haven't won away all season. These records have to be broken sometime............

Inverness 1-3 Dunfermline

And Mystic Jake strikes again! By all accounts, we got a dodgy penalty and ICT had a stonewaller given as a free kick. Do I care? No, I bloody don't! I'll take any bit of luck going. 7 games left, 6 points behind St. Mingin' and we're not down yet. Sorry RossP, but my need is greater than yours.

Inverness 1-3 Dunfermline

And Mystic Jake strikes again! By all accounts, we got a dodgy penalty and ICT had a stonewaller given as a free kick. Do I care? No, I bloody don't! I'll take any bit of luck going. 7 games left, 6 points behind St. Mingin' and we're not down yet. Sorry RossP, but my need is greater than yours.

Curses! That was the ref's first ever SPL game, doubt he'll get another one soon :down:

At least i can concentrate on the Scotland game properly now!

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Curses! That was the ref's first ever SPL game, doubt he'll get another one soon

Really, his first ever SPL gig? Thought he was exemplary.............

Haha, Hearts 0-4 Dundee United.

Bit of a blip on our thoroughly mediocre season but an excellent result none-the-less. How we can gub Hearts/beat Rangers at Ibrox one week and then make teams like ICT actually look good the next is a complete mystery to me.

I tell you, one of these seasons we'll actually end up with Thompson giving a manager a decent run and allowing a team to build and we may even be able to challenge for a top six place.

We really needed the 'tic to do us a favour today. Just a pity they were pretty nonexistent against Falkirk.

As always though i'm more than happy to avoid relegation.