aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Not happening, you might want to give him the finger Rudi Koertzen style. Funny how you mentioned doing an AFC Wimbledon if you go bust: should you get relegated and they go up, you'll be playing them next season 8o.........

Thistle have shifted all 900 tickets for Banff. If it isn't snowed off, it should be a cracking day!

the cambridge messageboard is very lively tonight! someone put on a 'quinn in or out' poll on tonight and its a resounding 100% out!! thing is when the same person did the same poll a couple of weeks ago quinn still got a 65% 'in' rating but now all the supporters have deserted him. just got a text from my roving reporter at nene park my sister who reported 'we were awful and its fucking freezing!'

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the cambridge messageboard is very lively tonight! someone put on a 'quinn in or out' poll on tonight and its a resounding 100% out!! thing is when the same person did the same poll a couple of weeks ago quinn still got a 65% 'in' rating but now all the supporters have deserted him. just got a text from my roving reporter at nene park my sister who reported 'we were awful and its fucking freezing!'

Sacked within 24 hours.

Surely? ?(

Sacked within 24 hours.

Surely? ?(

has to go, but the problem could be financing the remainder of his contract - he signed for two years and has only been at the club a few months! we're skint enough as it is! he should do the decent thing and resign!!!

has to go, but the problem could be financing the remainder of his contract - he signed for two years and has only been at the club a few months! we're skint enough as it is! he should do the decent thing and resign!!!

you would hope he'd do the decent thing.

I wonder if they know that there's folk in Aberdeen monitoring their fortunes......

you would hope he'd do the decent thing.

I wonder if they know that there's folk in Aberdeen monitoring their fortunes......

yes in my exiled years away from the abbey i have got the interested of my footy club in quite a few parts of the UK!

one saving grace is the fact that Quinn has resigned before when he was manager of shrewsbury!!! here's praying history does repeat itself!

Peterborough Utd. are maintaining mid-table respectability in the proper league, just up the road, maybe you could switch allegiances?! :laughing:

i'm so hopelessly depressed with it all that cheered me up!!! and it also reminded me of the fact our london road rivals have lost something like seven in row!

jimmy quinn gets the old vote of confidence from the chairman its not going to be a pretty atmosphere at the abbey on saturday (mind u the amount of long standing supporters who are refusing to go whilst quinn is in charge means the ground is going to be even more empty than usual). i have never witnessed a manager more hated than quinn and thats saying something given the run of appaling managers we've had in the last few years. in fact i think he some serious serious mental health problems - his mind is not all there, deluded to say the least!

Players still back me, says Quinn

Cambridge boss Jimmy Quinn believes he still has the backing of his players.

Cambridge's 3-1 loss at Rushden and Diamonds on Tuesday was their sixth straight Conference defeat to leave them stuck in the relegation zone.

Quinn said: "If the lads weren't trying and I had lost them then I'd be the first to go to the chairman and say something else needed to be done.

"But they're desperate to do well and they feel the disappointment. We have to stick together."

jimmy quinn gets the old vote of confidence from the chairman its not going to be a pretty atmosphere at the abbey on saturday (mind u the amount of long standing supporters who are refusing to go whilst quinn is in charge means the ground is going to be even more empty than usual). i have never witnessed a manager more hated than quinn and thats saying something given the run of appaling managers we've had in the last few years. in fact i think he some serious serious mental health problems - his mind is not all there, deluded to say the least!

Players still back me, says Pele

Aberdeen boss Steve Paterson believes he still has the backing of his players.

Aberdeen's 2-0 loss at home to Dundee Utd on Tuesday was their sixth straight SPL defeat to leave them stuck in the relegation zone.

Paterson said: "If the lads weren't trying and I had lost them then I'd be the first to go to the chairman and say something else needed to be done.

"But they're desperate to do well and they feel the disappointment. We have to stick together."

he was sacked shortly after a similar statement! Quinn will surely go if you lose the next game.

he's definately gone if we lose to woking on sat, even a win and i suspect he's on borrowed time anyway. i think the chairman is buying himself a bit of time and trying to get a replacement - john hollins has been rumoured (out of work and was at last nights fiasco) but evidently anything less than at least wins on the bounce will save quinn his job!

Guest Jake Wifebeater

FAO RossP:

Darren Dods signs pre-contract agreement with your good friends Dundee United!

I know, it's like when the Fat Judas Tango Bastard pinches another one of MY players. No Hampden for Calderwood, while the DA march on in the Cup.

Gloating over, I've nothing else to be positive about!

News just in: Jimmy Calderwood speaking shit again -"only 10 million craig gordon better than jamie langfield"

wtf?

I was reading the interview where this quote came from. I must admit my first reaction to that quote was as you put it, wtf!!

What Jimmy was meaning is that in the 24 games so far this season Old Calamity Jaime has let in 22 goals. With 7 Clean Sheets.

Compare that to Craig 10 million?!?! Gordon who in 24 games has let in 23 goals. With 6 Clean sheets.

Jimmy concluded that interview with "Until i see anything different from him (Jaime) ill stick by that comment".

Youve gotta admire Jimmys balls, or to make it easier to do, guts with comments like that. He also said that Jaime has the full backing of the coaching staff and the players, just a pity the supporters dont have all that much confidence in him though!!!

So Totaly unrelated question,

Are we gonna get 3 points against St Mirren on Sat? Im pissed that i cant go as the next game ill be at aint till 03 march at Falkirk which sucks big time!!! :moody:

I think Langfield's conceded stats are what they are because of the 4 guys standing in front of him, not through any particular skill on his part.

And if he has the backing of the team why have I seen Hart and Anderson take risks punting the ball out or trying to control it rather than let go back to Langfield. They obviously don't think he's a safe pair of hands and I know myself and other supporters cringe everytime the ball is passed back to him or a low shot goes towards his corner.

They obviously don't think he's a safe pair of hands and I know myself and other supporters cringe everytime the ball is passed back to him or a low shot goes towards his corner.

I totally agree with that! Dont think that post of mine was me defending calderwoods comments or jamie langfields goalkeeping record, i was just informing the public as to where that comment came from.

I have to cover my eyes every time the ball goes back to langfield. 3 of the 5 games i was at when i was home over christmas, langfield nearly gave away a goal by his shocking inability to kick the ball out of the box. If i remember correctly one was against Dundee UTD and twice against HIBS!!

Why we got rid of David Preece is a mystery to me. I remember when calderwood bought langfield he said he was goin to go with three keepers, then he got rid of our best one, (obviously not at the start of his Dons career though) and in my opinion the best keeper weve had since the god that is Theo Snelders or was until he signed for the HUNS!!!

Or that Danish keepr Peter Kjear, i thought he was quite good too!!

FAO RossP:

I know, it's like when the Fat Judas Tango Bastard pinches another one of MY players. No Hampden for Calderwood, while the DA march on in the Cup.

Gloating over, I've nothing else to be positive about!

Please take Langfield, Dempsey and Ricardo Byrne back whenever you want.... they are all pretty much useless.... Byrne possibly being the worst player to ever grace the shirt.

Thankfully you already took Crawford back.... which means we've only gotten 1 half decent player from you (Nicholson... and he is only starting to show any sort of form this season).

On top of that, we have given you half a team..... Morrison, McGuire, Muirhead, Scott Thompson, Darren Young, Jim Hamilton. Not to mention Noel Whelan and Derek Young previously.... several of which are better than the dross Calderwood has 'acquired from you'.

I'd have Morrison back as our left back anyday.... god knows why tangoman got rid of him. McGuire was always solid too.

Still, all the best for you in the cup hunt, hopefully this new manager turns things round for you, but it's looking ropey. Do you think the club will easily get back up if you do get relegated?

Do you think the club will easily get back up if you do get relegated?

If the DA go down at the expense of G****a, and Morton and Raith go up from the second, then the first will be an utter nightmare to get up from next season (St J, Dundee, us, Hamilton, BFS in it too). At least the average attendances would go up, though.....

I guess so aye. It's a tight enough league as it is. And more often that not the team that gets relegated doesn't necessarily go right back up.

Who was it? Livi last season? And Dundee the year before?

Last team to go straight back up was Dunfermline, though they were helped by a second spot for promotion IIRC. Here's the record since, when promotion and relegation have actually applied:

01/02: St Johnstone relegated. Position in 02/03 1st division: 3rd.

03/04: Thistle relegated. Position in 04/05 1st division: errrrrrrrrrr.......9th.

04/05: Dundee relegated. Position in 05/06 1st division: 7th.

05/06: Bastard Franchise Scum relegated. Position in 06/07 1st division: 6th (current).