aberdeen-music

2006/2007 season thread

Guest Jake Wifebeater

• Replies 947
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

humbled at home by stafford rangers, relegation for my beloved club looking inevitable. 've been doing my homework on the conference south tonight after this latest disastrous defeat - thats unless we go bust which is very likely :(

Christ, it doesn't just rain, it pisses down.

Hope you don't end up doing a Runcorn FC.....

Christ, it doesn't just rain, it pisses down.

Hope you don't end up doing a Runcorn FC.....

its very likely - we dont own the ground sold it to an ex director who would like nothing more than to see the club going bust so he can build houses on the land. if the worst happened i know supporters would build a new club like AFC Wimbledon have done.

an ex director who would like nothing more than to see the club going bust so he can build houses on the land.

This is a worrying trend in modern lower league football - businessmen purchasing struggling clubs for a pittance, pumping in next to fuck all capital, and then turning them into 'exciting new developments'. It's a shame most clubs boards are too stupid/gullible to fall for the raft of bullshit promises. At the risk of putting the shitters up Maxi, Links Park will likely turn into a housing estate when the lease on the ground expires in about eight years time. Wouldn't be surprised to see the bulldozers in at Tynecastle fairly soon either, being honest, but that's a different kettle of fish........

This is a worrying trend in modern lower league football - businessmen purchasing struggling clubs for a pittance, pumping in next to fuck all capital, and then turning them into 'exciting new developments'. It's a shame most clubs boards are too stupid/gullible to fall for the raft of bullshit promises. At the risk of putting the shitters up Maxi, Links Park will likely turn into a housing estate when the lease on the ground expires in about eight years time. Wouldn't be surprised to see the bulldozers in at Tynecastle fairly soon either, being honest, but that's a different kettle of fish........

its so true, its happening more and more and the FA seem to do little about it or even care. as well as cambrdge the likes of exeter, york, wrexham and scarboro have all gone extremely close to becoming bust in recent years over ground issues. when we sold our ground in dec 2004 the money raised from it was meant to last till the end of season it lasted less than two months!

thankfully we have a new board who at least seem to have a bit of a clue of how to run a football club and are making moves to buy the ground back. but if we continue to play as woefully as we are and get relegated whats to say they wont think 'fuck this' and pull out? i wouldnt blame them tbh

and beckham goes to play in a mickey mouse league for an alleged million dollars a week, thats what sickens me about the game. ashley cole moaning cos arsenal only offered him a pathetic 55 grand a week instead of the 60 he was promised. football at grass roots level is going seriously tits up.

Fuck fuck fuck :(

So close again!!

I did think we were the better team, just. And it was a stonewall pen.

How the hell can Jimmy Calderwood continually tout Langfield for a Scotland call up?? Absolutely useless.

Mark Brown was crap as well today, the sooner Mike Fraser replaces him the better.

Did Chris Clark actually touch the ball today?

aye im fully aware of this unfortunately :(

as i am a shareholder in the club i get the accounts sent through, i think next years will be more a shitter than anything.

fucking last min goal yesterday. its getting out of hand again

aye im fully aware of this unfortunately :(

as i am a shareholder in the club i get the accounts sent through, i think next years will be more a shitter than anything.

fucking last min goal yesterday. its getting out of hand again

At least you are better than Elgin City :love:

Although i have a faint memory of Elgin winning 3-2 about a month or so ago. I could be wrong though

i dont think its fit to say we are better than anyone. east stirling have two game sin hand on us and could go 4 points ahead of us. its bad fuckign times. toothless is a word i would use

14 defeats from the last 15 if I remember right - if it wasn't for the fact that Kenny Black is giving diplomatic immunity to him, DR would have been sent to the dole office ages ago. Rumours suggest he may walk away, anyhow.......

14 defeats from the last 15 if I remember right - if it wasn't for the fact that Kenny Black is giving diplomatic immunity to him, DR would have been sent to the dole office ages ago. Rumours suggest he may walk away, anyhow.......

Maybe he'll join the Rangers 'revolution' at Ibrox...

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Six-fingered, web-toed shitcunts, the disgrace of Scottish football 1-0 Dunfermline

Time for a rant, and by God I deserve it:

For fuck's sake, losing to a last-minute goal AGAIN. I'm fucking sick of it, how the hell can we whack the Huns one week and get robbed by the disgrace of the fucking earth the next? I spend a whore's ransom on memorabilia relating to this shot-shy shower of shit, and all I get in return is fucking aggravation. Don't they realise how much it hurts and sickens the DA faithful when we get cuffed in Satan's Toilet? Kenny, get your fucking arse in gear. Fuck it, it's too late now, we're relegated, and that's that. We'll probably get a few wins at some point, but I'm not going to be fooled by it, I've seen them pricktease me like that too many times before the inevitable relegation happens, so they're not putting me through that again. Fuck, why didn't I start following ice hockey or something, it can't be as bad as this. Huns next week, and those bastards will be out for revenge.

Ach, it's fake anyway.

Yesterday at pittodrie I witnessed one of the worst games of my life. Two pish teams who deserved absolutely nothing out of the game. How there were 2 goals in the game I'll never know.

And Mike McCurry's a cunt.

I second that...

That wind must have been a pain in the arse though. 'Ooooh where is the ball going to go this time?'. My 10yr old who loves footy asked if we could leave early and his primary schooll match at Nelson street in the morning was 'honestly' a more entertaining, and at times, more skillful match. Ach weel, happens 'spose

I'd be more offended by the word "dirty" before it! Timmy!

So BBC says Caley deserved all 3 points. Also they've never beaten us. Ha ha.

Well i don't like to be associated with the Tim Malloy (or maybe it Tim Mahoy) street gang, purely for the football team i support. Thus I'm offended, thus rendering it an offensive term.

Fuck fuck fuck :(

So close again!!

I did think we were the better team, just. And it was a stonewall pen.

How the hell can Jimmy Calderwood continually tout Langfield for a Scotland call up?? Absolutely useless.

Mark Brown was crap as well today, the sooner Mike Fraser replaces him the better.

Did Chris Clark actually touch the ball today?

I think Caley are probably one of the most negative teams in the league. You are a bunch of hacking bastards too. Aberdeen were horrific yesterday though, and we made you look better than you are for once. But to be fair, you scored when it mattered and we got out of jail for the second game in a row against you.

Weather always seems to be dire when we play though. And I don't remember there ever being a good game between us. That was possibly the worst game of football i've ever seen.

We should have had 2 penalties (although it was McCurry, so that'll never happen. 15 months without a pen for us).

Langfield... horrendous.... Chris Clark.... yet again looked average.... i've been saying it for months now.

We should have had 2 penalties (although it was McCurry, so that'll never happen. 15 months without a pen for us).

Dunno where you saw 2 penalties for us. We had one good claim when Miller swan dived in the box but to be fair Caley had an even better one when Langfield hacked someone's leg in the first half.

McCurry's still a cunt though.

Dunno where you saw 2 penalties for us. We had one good claim when Miller swan dived in the box but to be fair Caley had an even better one when Langfield hacked someone's leg in the first half.

McCurry's still a cunt though.

You must have missed Anderson being hauled to the ground by his shirt when he was about to pop it in the net then.

Still, i'd never expect McCurry to give us a pen anyway. Millers would have been soft but i've seen them given for a LOT less.

You must have missed Anderson being hauled to the ground by his shirt when he was about to pop it in the net then.

Still, i'd never expect McCurry to give us a pen anyway. Millers would have been soft but i've seen them given for a LOT less.

Take off those Red tinted glasses...

And if Caley are the most negative team in the league, how come we had twice as many shots on goal than you did, clearer scoring opportunities than you did, more posession than you did, and almost double the corners you did. SO HOW COME WE ARE NEGATIVE???? Weren't you supposed to be the home team????

I wonder if Aberdeen will play wonderful attacking football at Easter Road on thurs?

Take off those Red tinted glasses...

And if Caley are the most negative team in the league, how come we had twice as many shots on goal than you did, clearer scoring opportunities than you did, more posession than you did, and almost double the corners you did. SO HOW COME WE ARE NEGATIVE???? Weren't you supposed to be the home team????

I wonder if Aberdeen will play wonderful attacking football at Easter Road on thurs?

Red tinted glasses.... i think clangfield got more of the ball than wilson (or whoever it was in the box) for your 'supposed' penalty claim. It would have been VERY soft.

I think you'll find i said we were horrendous on Saturday, so it would have been amazing had you had less chances and possesion. Although to be fair... you only had 1 shot on target until you scored, so both teams were pretty awful.

Everytime i've seen you guys play i've not been impressed. Hey, it's only my opinion at the end of the day. And I didn't say you were the most negative team in the league, I said 'one of'.

I think you bring out the worst in us and drag us down to your level every time we play (although the weather spoiled a lot of the play on saturday).

And no, I can't see us playing wonderful attacking football on Thursday, I can see us getting beaten though. We've been playing horrible this year so far.

Red tinted glasses.... i think clangfield got more of the ball than wilson (or whoever it was in the box) for your 'supposed' penalty claim. It would have been VERY soft.

To be fair to Caley, we were sitting in the Dick Donald and it was clear to us that Langfield completely missed the ball and just hit leg. The replay on Setanta afterwards showed the same, as does the photos of the incident I've seen on other sites. It was about as stonewall a penalty as I've ever seen, but thankfully there was enough bodies in the box to obscure it from McCurry's view.

Both teams were dire on Saturday really. Neither of them should think they deserved anything from the game as it was a fucking appalling showcase for football.