aberdeen-music

Tool - 10,000 secrets of the artwork

Untitled

there are suppost to be many secrets in the artwork according to the tool website

and here are some of them (not found by me :p)

Album Secrets

If you play Viginti Tres then Wings For Marie pt. 1 subsequently, and 10,000 Days at the same time. They match up perfectly creating a sort of enhanced song. (Note that they both equal 11:13 seconds when added up)

The synchronization of the 3 combine to make the complete whole version Wings For Marie

Layed out as a mathematical equation, it would read:

(Viginti Tres+Wings Pt.1) + 10,000 Days = Wings For Marie

Supporting Details:

Track #3 - Wings for Marie (pt 1) 6:11

Track #4 - 10,000 Days(Wings pt 2) 11:13

Track #11 - Viginti Tres 5:02

The duration for track #11 is 5:02. Track #3 is 6:11. If you add those times together, it equals 11:13, the exact duration of Track #4. At 9:14, the finale of both Wings 1 & 2 should come together to sound as one, and the lyrics in both songs overlap/echo one another (Please forgive this arrogant question/bold suggestion).

The time of the 3 individual tracks include the numbers 6, 11, 13, 5, & 2. 11:13 is the total running time of Wings For Marie. The U.S. release date of the album was 5/2/6.

23 is the number for synchronicity (see Wikepedia entries on 23(numerology), synchronicity). It is also the title of the last track in Latin, Viginti Tres. Wings pt. 1 & 2 synchronize at exactly 9:14. 9+14=23.

Viginti Tres is Latin for 23, the track listing could be read as 11. 23. This could also represent the first steps of a Fibonacci sequence: 1,1,2,3

The artwork for 10,000 Days consists of stereoscopic images. These images are created by using 2 photos that are slighty altered from each other to form one complete picture. Wings For Marie is created by using 2 audio tracks (Wings pt 1 & pt. 2) to form one complete song.

The stereoscopic images of the 4 band members all have the number 11 represented in the same section of their pictures on the right side:

Danny - Flower stems represent 11

Justin - Arm holding the bird is pointing towards the 11 visible candles on the table. It is important to note that there are actually 12 candles, 11 visible and 1 hidden.

Maynard - The hands on the clock is pointed at 11

Adam - 11 glass jars on the desk (his right hand points in their direction)

The album cover art is 3 faces that form 1 face. Wings For Marie is 3 separate tracks that form 1 complete track.

Cryptic hints such as song titles like Lost Keys, Right In Two and the lyric in the song Rosetta Stoned: "A message of hope for those who choose to listen"

now i've listened to how it is suggested to listen to 'Wings for Maria' and it does fit very well, and to me the fact that the times are exact is too much of a coinsidence to be of chance.

Neurosis released albums to be played at the same time, and Flaming Lips did a whole gig with audience members holding tape players, being "conducted" to press play and stop at the appropriate times.

Seems like a lot of hassle. Kerrazy-Torrents had a few mixes for download a coupla days ago...

Neurosis released albums to be played at the same time' date=' and Flaming Lips did a whole gig with audience members holding tape players, being "conducted" to press play and stop at the appropriate times.

[/quote']

Flaming Lips also released "Zaireeka" which had 4 CDs that were required to be played simultaneously.

Funnily enough, I've never got hold of four decent stereos in my living room to try this out with my copy of teh CD. Downloading premixed MP3s was so much easier...

Will be getting 2cd version of 10,000 days early next month, then going to see them june 11. Should be a belter. Support is still unconfirmed, all it says on the ticket is tool + guests. Might be an act from the festivals they are doing in the uk, only time will tell :)

Flaming Lips also released "Zaireeka" which had 4 CDs that were required to be played simultaneously.

Funnily enough' date=' I've never got hold of four decent stereos in my living room to try this out with my copy of teh CD. Downloading premixed MP3s was so much easier...[/quote']

I think thats what I was meaning...not beck.

Was the aim not bring people together or something like that? So you and your mates would all get a different cd.

Alot of hassle just to listen to an album....and pressing play at the wrong time must have been common,I would have done that because I am that kind of person.:up:

I think thats what I was meaning...not beck.

Was the aim not bring people together or something like that? So you and your mates would all get a different cd.

Alot of hassle just to listen to an album....and pressing play at the wrong time must have been common' date='I would have done that because I am that kind of person.:up:[/quote']

part of teh "concept" was that due to time lapse - not pressing play at the same time, speeds of CD drives - that each listen would be unique to the ear. and could never be replicated exactly the same again.

Will be getting 2cd version of 10' date='000 days early next month, then going to see them june 11. Should be a belter. Support is still unconfirmed, all it says on the ticket is tool + guests. Might be an act from the festivals they are doing in the uk, only time will tell :)[/quote']

awesome man, me and some mates are heading down aswell!! is it on the sunday?? i thought it was on the friday.

awesome man' date=' me and some mates are heading down aswell!! is it on the sunday?? i thought it was on the friday.[/quote']

yeah it's a sunday. Still wondering who the guests will be, maybe a local act(s)??

Aereogramme! :O

Did hear rumours of meshuggah, not sure on that one though