aberdeen-music

What Grinds your Gears?

Benji

promoters on myspace (*cough*keesher*cough*) that spam my bulletins area with multiple bulletins per day for the same gig. what's the need? I read the first bulletin and decided if I was going or not. A whole barrage of bulletins is just going to annoy me and presuade me not to go.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

promoters on myspace (*cough*keesher*cough*) that spam my bulletins area with multiple bulletins per day for the same gig. what's the need? I read the first bulletin and decided if I was going or not. A whole barrage of bulletins is just going to annoy me and presuade me not to go.

I agree, isn't one bulletin enough? I am more likely to ignore tem if there are 4 there all with the same title, or referring to the same gig...

actually i know a number of pro-pole dancers that love the moshulu poles. several pros regularly come to moshulu as punters and use them. there's a lot more girls going up there that can actually dance. leave them to it. it's fun' date=' it's a good workout, if you don't wanna see em dancing, go stand at the bar or in the back room.[/quote']

Is a nightclub really the place for a workout though?

I've no problem with people dancing on the poles but I just wish that they'd be a little more aware that there are people walking past them. I'm fed up with nearly being whacked on the head by someones foot. In all honesty maybe the poles would be better in the back room where the DJ booth used to be.

Hmm. I was pondering the logistics of having cages in Moshulu last night, only temporary ones suspended from the roof every now and again. It'd be entertaining to see drunken folk dancing in a cage me thinks :)

Hmm. I was pondering the logistics of having cages in Moshulu last night' date=' only temporary ones suspended from the roof every now and again. It'd be entertaining to see drunken folk dancing in a cage me thinks :)[/quote']

are you aware moshulu used to have one big cage they'd fill with drunken folk "dancing"?

God, this is 11 pages long, I gave up on page 4.

Things that "Grind My Gears":

1. People who seem to lack the basic fundamentals of grammar, or who seem incapable of spelling correctly. Even worse when it's displayed on something like Myspace; if you really are that stupid, please just use a spellchecker in order to avoid looking like an absolute tit.

To expand on that - people who use "your" instead of "you're" for "you are". Or the incorrect use of "There", "Their" or "They're"

2. People who are rude to waitresses.

Agreed - minky folk tend to that if they "are oot fur a meal, ken?, at thon posh place" (which for white trash is usually anywhere that isn't McDonalds) and feel the have the right to treat staff like nature and fortune has treated them - i.e. like shite

3. People who constantly moan about how "shit" Big Brother is, and how it's just used to exploit innocent people. Fuck off. If you really can't stand Big Brother, then just don't talk about it, because I don't care.

Agreed - It is shite, but I'm not moaning, merely acknowledging the fact and exercising my right not to watch it. Coz it's mind-numbing shite. it really is. Now I AM moaning...

4. People who label ALL pop music as being "shit".

Agreed - The word "Pish" should be applied in equal measure.

5. People on buses who refuse to move their bags off the seat beside them, and pretend not to notice when the bus gets so busy that people are forced to stand.

Agreed - My advice? Simply pull their bags onto the floor and whilst they are scrambling about trying to pick up their Pot Noodles, Frozen Pizzas and other white trash MSG, fat and sugar-laden purchases, give them a few swift kicks in the heid. Then take the seat. Easy peasy, Japansesee.

6. Rude people in general.

Agreed - but does that include Madness, The Specials, Bad Manners and other short-lived same-y 80's Ska bands?

7. People who go to nightclubs just to stand and look miserable with their mates.

They should be happy they HAVE mates

8. People who go on holiday abroad and then get really angry when the natives don't understand what they're saying.

Agreed - a serious hobby horse of mine, Usually the same Pot Noodle, treat-staff-like-shite white schemie trash who go to far off countries and look immediately for the nearest McDonalds and British/Irish theme pub. Death to them all!

Some others...

Pot Noodles :swearing:

Schemie White Trash :swearing:

McDonalds (the health hazard "food" chain, not the clan) :swearing:

How cathartic is this thread :up:

DZL

American TV Networks. I hate the fact i find a program i like, start watching it, really enjoy it and then... cancelled. Brimstone (great show about a dead cop sending people back to hell), American Gothic, Angel (how could they end it like that?), Firefly (at least we got a movie from that) and most recently Invasion.

American TV Networks. I hate the fact i find a program i like' date=' start watching it, really enjoy it and then... cancelled. Brimstone (great show about a dead cop sending people back to hell), American Gothic, ...[/quote']

I remember these 2, American Gothic was class, and wasn't the guy in Brimstone also in American Gothic? I remember seeing Brimstone a little bit later into the first series and it was also great when I got into it.

It is a shame, how US networks seem driven by show ratings and don't give good quality entertaining shows much of a chance if they don't immediately perform really well in ratings. I think if both the previous shows had been around now, with dvd sales being more prevalent in influencing the tv channels, they might have been brought back for another series.

Grinding my gears? Poor clutch control (not really, but I felt the need for a poor joke), how US tv channels call it "season" rather than a "series" like in the UK and that van I almost rear ended thanks to it's lack of working brake lights. grr.

Guest DustyDeviada
It is a shame' date=' how US networks seem driven by show ratings and don't give good quality entertaining shows much of a chance if they don't immediately perform really well in ratings. I think if both the previous shows had been around now, with dvd sales being more prevalent in influencing the tv channels, they might have been brought back for another series.

[/quote']

Futurama being a good example.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
hahahaha if you guys actually did this i can probably narrow it down to within 3 girls it could actually have been.

If you're telling me that you know at least 3 lassies with that carved into their arms, then you just made my day. Scratch that, you've made my fucking decade. What a lovely thought.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I agree with the faux bisexuals. I've done this rant before and it pisses me off no end. It fucks about the person who *is* bisexual/gay and makes the inevitabley drunken scene whore girl look like a complete slut. It's on a par with showing off self harm scars deliberately. It's all about showing how 'different' they are' date=' 'behold my deviant behaviour!'[/quote']

I've backed you on this before, and I'm going to do so again. You're bang on, it's all an attempt to say "Behold how amazingly alternative and different I am" and is absolutely fucking pathetic and about as arousing as the Black Death. I distinctly remember one night at Fortress Weep where some girl literally threw her friend onto the floor at the bar (just next to My Spot At The Bar Beside The Pillar) and started straddling her. It wasn't very sexy. Five minutes later, she did the same thing. It still wasn't very sexy. Then it happened a third time, and you might as well have poured icy water on the happy sacks. My mate was enjoying it, poor little bastard was about to spontaneously combust, but he's only a nipper. The whole thing was as contrived as anything and irritated me something chronic.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
There's another thing that increases the temperature of my urinary fluids - people who nick that spot at the bar whenever I need the shitter at Fortress Weep.........

It's even worse when the little bastards elbow their way in, and rub themselves against you while waiting to get served. I don't know where these wee fuckers have been, or who they went with, they could infect you with anything.

Is a nightclub really the place for a workout though?

I've no problem with people dancing on the poles but I just wish that they'd be a little more aware that there are people walking past them. I'm fed up with nearly being whacked on the head by someones foot. In all honesty maybe the poles would be better in the back room where the DJ booth used to be.

Hmm. I was pondering the logistics of having cages in Moshulu last night' date=' only temporary ones suspended from the roof every now and again. It'd be entertaining to see drunken folk dancing in a cage me thinks :)[/quote']

on the other side of the argument it really hacks me off when people come to watch but stand so close to the poles that they will get kicked in the head if i spin, then look offended when i ask them to stand just a little bit further back. but then i always look for people standing too close before i do any pole tricks. i always find it's the guys who go on the poles that are the worst offenders for not watching what they're doing and kicking people in the teeth.

the ceiling's too low for poles in the backroom, and you can't poledance to chillout room music. i think it's perfectly fine to have them there, in recent months there have been a lot more girls who actually know how to do stuff going on the poles, especially on a saturday night. think it's something to do with teaser's offering lessons.

that said i agree with bass cadet about girls fake lessing it up on the poles. there used to be 2 girls who were notorious for this. we called them the fake lesbians. i think one of them works at teaser's now but they were the epitome of attention whores.

If you're telling me that you know at least 3 lassies with that carved into their arms' date=' then you just made my day. Scratch that, you've made my fucking decade. What a lovely thought.[/quote']

not know as in am friends with, but know as in know vaguelly from going to the club and probably have my own bitchy nickname for. all my friends are pretty emotionally stable, as far as women go.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
that said i agree with bass cadet about girls fake lessing it up on the poles. there used to be 2 girls who were notorious for this. we called them the fake lesbians. i think one of them works at teaser's now but they were the epitome of attention whores.

That could well be the two I mentioned, and it is if one of them had bright red hair and the other was well short. In fairness, the redhead is a lovely person so I shouldn't be too critical.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
not know as in am friends with' date=' but know as in know vaguelly from going to the club and probably have my own bitchy nickname for. all my friends are pretty emotionally stable, as far as women go.[/quote']

Good stuff. You'll have to let me know the bitchy nicknames sometime. Actually, someone I know was bitching (slightly) about you last week, dunno if you know her? Pemo for details.

Oh, I have two more:

1)Shitty, neddy, underage girls who go out into town at night without a jacket. What the fuck is with this? Do you not get ridiculously cold? You also look like an utter idiot.

2) Scottish people who constantly whinge about the English. ESPECIALLY Scottish people who support whichever team England is playing against in football, rugby, etc. You are all fucking pathetic. Grow up.

I am very guilty of this... well nto as bad as Keesher.

The way I see it bulletins for myspace are not important and the ones that are remotely important will get read.

It's like flyering you will flyer the same person twice if it means persuaded themt o go to the gig.