aberdeen-music

Lightning bolt...

Guest MDP

couldnt see annother thread post-lightning bolt...

HOLY FUCK, last night was awesome...

didnt hear much of project-ven hell as i was in the lobby chatting with mart and alex...

DJ scotch egg was the highlight of my evening, fucking awesome, and some crazy 'dancing' down at the front... shame i got a beer glass smashed off the back of my head:down:

after a swift t-shirt change, and combing glass out of my hair... lightning bolt hit the floor.. and they didn't disapoint, they were absolutley amazing, and i have never seen drumming like that in my life!!! :up: what happned at the end? i smelt burning, and i think hen told me they blew an amp :down:

well done to sharron and maxi again for annother FANTASTIC arkade promotions night out! :up:

EDIT: wokle up this morning thoroughly surprised to have my hearing fully intact... which is a hell of a lot better than i can say it was last night... that was the loudest thing i have experianced ever... standing against teh wall was awesome... you could totally feel the music :rockon:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bluesxman

PVH were great but should carry a Government Health Warning on their promotion for topless antics in wee leather jackets.

DJ Scotch Egg was certainly the loudest electronic act I've ever seen, enjoyed some of it, disliked some of it. Certainly an experience...

Lightning Bolt were immense, standing beside the drummer watching him play was just incredible. And they played 2 Morro Morro Land which was ace. The smell of burning for the last 4 or so numbers was becoming nasty, it was the big cabinet speaker thingy they blew apparently. And I wimped out and wore ear plugs cos my right ear was feeling dodgy during PVH and it was still fecking loud!

my cheshire cat face was on full display last night.

i got distracted during pvh and somehow managed to miss those wee leather jackets! really enjoyed dj scotch egg despite my eardrums quivering and threatening not only to burst but to liquify themselves.

lightning bolt were amazing. i couldn't see much but i fully expected that so can't really complain - my cowardice/sense of self preservation prevented me from venturing too near the front of the crowd. :D still, yay!

i got distracted during pvh and somehow managed to miss those wee leather jackets!

You should be glad, i really am quite disgusting.

Had an ace night last night, had a penny whistle jam with Lightning Bolt and Scotch Egg at 2am, which might be the most fun thing i have ever done.

great night, thanks to everybody who came along to check it out on a monday night in aberdeen during the exam time. even for those who didnt enjoy it, most seemed to agree that it was something special/unique for aberdeen . long may it continue

great line up, great volume and a great crowd. i have to say it was really refreshing to meet lightning bolt, REALLY down to earth guys and great banter. pretty sure they had a grand time to, but i had buggered off before the afterparty

my personal favourite was scotch egg, we knew he was going to be amazing, but he lifted the roof and was an awesome act to bridge between bands of the ven hell/LB ilk (if i do say so myself)

the new NOXAGT album was on sale in the load distro last night. its fucking tremendous

totally great night...i cant quite put my finger on how i feel today, slightly drained...but still buzzing i think...but maybe thats just the inside of my head vibrating still!

all acts were great, i was scared i was gonna be disappointed somewhere along the night but not a chance! and everything went so smoothly, right from soundcheck...was amazing. thanks to everyone at the Tunnels for being around all day and helping out so much..

the internet streaming etc went well, still to see the footage but Jack at Peacocks assures me it looks rockin'. and i loved seeing sooo many faces id never seen before, a total mix of folk, it was great.

and yeah, the penny whistle jam at 3am was bizarre...rock n roll huh!!

top top night if i may say so myself!!! :D

I told Maxi I would go and was determined to but I have a 15 minute presentation to do for Thursday which I've had 2 months to start and typical of me' date=' I left until the last minute. Gutted.[/quote']

I felt really bad for not making it too, but i think the arsehole i've newly been torn warranted my absence! *

* last time i piss off a girl :down:

Saw some of the Scotch Egg and Lightning Bolt footage today. Scotch Egg will mess with your head and LB is sure to be viewed lots around the world! Looking fine and felt strangely like being there again but with a slightly better view, but not too much making it seem very intense for video footage Sound should be good as well!

Jack will announce when its archived.

:up: :up: :up: