aberdeen-music

JUKEBOX

Flash@TMB

Havnt been to moorings in a long whilee. Got any wishbone ash on the jukebox yet? I know you said it didnt sound right' date=' but that was clearly lies :p[/quote']

All the Wishbone Ash albums I own are mastered at a very low level. This is quite common with older CDs. This means that when your track comes on after 'American Idiot' the volume bascially halfs. Sometimes it's not even possible to work out whose playing! Do you know of any digitally remastered Wishbone Ash albums, or any newer ones that aren't so quiet? Perhaps a compilation?

I also tried a Tull compilation BTW and it has exactly the same problem.

You should perhaps invest in some of the Kerrang!compilations as they have hidden gems on them.

The new Darkness album will no doubt become ubiquitous...

No Queen' date=' Soundgarden or Guns 'n' Roses albums in at the moment are there?[/quote']

Yeah the Darkness will certainly be given a spin. The others all exited at the last refresh.

you should get some pelican and some karloff on there too

also

-godflesh

-JESU (would be fuckign amazing!)

-arkade projects present - 20 tracks of local and international acts that we have put on before or championed. this cd will be fully mastered and will be for sale at shops/venues too! keep your eyes peeled

-the rock mess monsters compilation (adorno records - featuring loads of scottish bands from 2000 era)

- drive like jehu - yank crime (fuckign amazing album) or DLJs other band HOT SNAKES (a firm favourite with most)

-MSPs first album (generation terorists) would be a worthy addition, lots of guitar solos n stuff

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our jukebox got a mention on Radio Scotland on Friday 20th of January 2006. This link is only valid until Friday 27th January 2006... as the listen again is on a one week rolling rotation.

The Moorings' jukebox gets mentioned right at the very start of the Tom Morton show. the bar itself isn't named, because this is the BBC and he isn't allowed to do that. But we know for a fact that Tom was in the bar the night before. And ours is likely to be the only jukebox in Aberdeen with Patti Scialfa in it LOL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/scotland/aod.shtml?scotland/morton_fri

EDIT: the link may take a couple to minutes to start playing, but it does work.

How did they mention the pub? Was it something on the lines of 'That rock pub down by the harbour with the mermaid sign'.

(I can't install Realplayer on this work PC hence I can't get the radio clip.)

The show starts with:

"Do you know that possibly the best pub jukebox in the whole world is in Aberdeen? And it's got Patti Scialfa and The Dandy Warhols on it."

The Patti Scialfa reference kinda narrowed it down...

Guest Laura@TMB
How did they mention the pub? Was it something on the lines of 'That rock pub down by the harbour with the mermaid sign'.

(I can't install Realplayer on this work PC hence I can't get the radio clip.)

Suprisingly enough, Manowar didn't even get a mention 8)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lets not beat around the bush' date=' get the best band in the world in that jukebox of doom, Paradise Lost!!!![/quote']

Yes, but it'd have to be from Draconian Times.

Also on my wish list I'd like to see some...

Gogol Bordello (Gypsy Punks)

The Berzerker (Speedcore Metal)

New Model Army (Why not)

Venom (After avoiding this band for 15 years I'm finally getting into them!)

Fields Of The Nephilim (Mourning Sun..... best album ever!)

Misfits (Famous Monsters album.)

Deicide (Deicide... the first album)

The anti-nowhere league

Metallica (Strangely enough there is a lack of it on the jukebox at the moment)

Apart from that, I'll listen to any old shit!