aberdeen-music

The Official T in the park 2006 thread

Marc

theres lots of threads going about for t in the park so thought i would make one big thread for it.

So whos going, whos not? who wishes they were going but arent? who do you want to play, who do you not want to play? whos got any crazy t in the park stories or photos? who can never remember anything about t in the park to talk about it?

Guest tv tanned
So whos going' date=' whos not?[/quote']

Having seen the line up I would rather wash my face in a basin of acid and razor blades than put up with such banal mediocrity for a weekend.

Aside from Sigur Ros (who I've seen twice anyway), I can honestly say I have no desire to see any of the bands above.

My one and only T in The Park experience was the worst outdoor experience of my life. The festival surely has to be one of the worst music festivals in Europe. The only reason so many people go to it is so people from Glasgow and the surrounding areas can get the opportunity to drink copious amounts of crap beer and take lots of drugs in a field rather than the inner-city slums they normally do.

Reading Festival for me this year I think.

Guest bluesxman

I bought tickets last summer in the event it turned out to be a decent line up. So far I'll be happy to see Sigur Ros again and I want to see The Strokes. I'm sure I can find stuff in the tents to keep me amused. At least I hope so. After being stuck next to the scum of the earth in the camp site last year i'm not all that enthralled about the camping aspect again this year.

Guest tv tanned
TitP is about having a good weekend with mates you've not seen for ages (and randoms who you've just met)' date=' the music is a bonus. Stop being so jaded![/quote']

If you think it is worth forking out hunners o pounds for the privelege of something you could otherwise do for free, you are a tool.

Why not just recreate the experience in the following manner.

Set up a few tents in your backgarden and warm some tins of tennents.

Place a stereo at the back of the garden and put a dustbin over the top of it.

Half cook some burgers and then queue for two hours to get one.

There you go, a free festival.

If you think it is worth forking out hunners o pounds for the privelege of something you could otherwise do for free' date=' you are a tool.

There you go, a free festival.[/quote']

Sounds like Pez's BBQ a few years back............

If you think it is worth forking out hunners o pounds for the privelege of something you could otherwise do for free' date=' you are a tool.

There you go, a free festival.[/quote']

Not really free though for you though. You'd have the cost of the beer and the burgers. I guess you recoup this in admission fees though.