aberdeen-music

Favourite ex-scenesters!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Man, the Aberdeen Music scene has created and sustained some great scenesters in its time. However, a time comes in every scenester's life when they must move on from the scene, sometimes due to a partner with no interest in such trivial matters, or a move of location for example. They might come on here once in a while or check out a local gig twice a year, but never again shall they rise to such scenesterism as once portrayed. So who are your favourite ex-scenesters? :popcorn:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Haha, Robb! Many a war between him and I raged on the aberdeen-music of yesteryear. Twista was a classic, as well as that dude that was just called cal or something? I think he moved to america...I'll stick you lives on as untitled but it just ain't the same.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

ah ligten up ben, it's chrimbo! just a it of ajoke! lets face it there used to be a lot of crazy characters, even on aberdere music that weren't real scenester, it's just a lguah dawg. and lets face it, everyone wants a laugh on chrimbo eve. and bob, you should rack your memory, i'm sure there is an ex-scenester in every man's heart

everyone mentioned soo far!!! *sniff*

i used to want to put emo steve in a jar and keep him under my bed. now there are emo kids EVERYWHERE. arg.

LynDsey.

Me. i miss myself sometimes.

in fact i really just miss the way things were. before it got so big and what not. not the scene... more the scenester thingys.

in fact i really just miss the way things were. before it got so big and what not. not the scene... more the scenester thingys.

you annoy me, all you ever do is go on about the "old days" and how great they were

from what i could tell, the "old days" were gash, the gigs were boring all-local band line ups, the same bands and the same old faces that went to gigs.

correct me if im wrong, but i think things have changed a lot now, and for the better! there might be less of an insular music scene, but in terms of the quality acts coming to aberdeen for the first time (and coming back) thanks to the likes of RFR/moshulu, interesting music promotions, arkade, GFN, the tunnels etc things are better than they ever have been. lots of new faces coming to shows, more venues, more diversity and more risks taken

which brings me to my point.....in essence there are less "scenesters" and more music loving people going to gigs. from what i have noticed a lot of people who actually go to gigs regularly barely use this board

perhaps these "scenester thingys" that you talk of are the keyboard jockeys that post on here but never actually go to gigs unless their friends are playing, a la popnotmyface etc

Guest five years

tv tanned...oh wait, he was never a scenester, just one of those keyboard jockeys that NEVER goes to anything unless it's the wildhearts. booooring.

on the more truthful side, no-body springs to mind. anyone who isn't "sceney" anymore has reason - grown up a bit / realised that the "scene" in the first place is dire etc. those fannies like "emo-steve" and sam annal were only ever a joke people laughed at anyway, hurrah for their demise.

actually, there you go, sam annal. he was my favourite.

you annoy me' date=' all you ever do is go on about the "old days" and how great they were

from what i could tell, the "old days" were gash, the gigs were boring all-local band line ups, the same bands and the same old faces that went to gigs.

correct me if im wrong, but i think things have changed a lot now, and for the better! there might be less of an insular music scene, but in terms of the quality acts coming to aberdeen for the first time (and coming back) thanks to the likes of RFR/moshulu, interesting music promotions, arkade, GFN, the tunnels etc things are better than they ever have been. lots of new faces coming to shows, more venues, more diversity and more risks taken

which brings me to my point.....in essence there are less "scenesters" and more music loving people going to gigs. from what i have noticed a lot of people who actually go to gigs regularly barely use this board

perhaps these "scenester thingys" that you talk of are the keyboard jockeys that post on here but never actually go to gigs unless their friends are playing, a la popnotmyface etc[/quote']

thats not all i ever go on about. yes it may have been gash in the music sense, it was the same bands and same people but i used to have fun. i was only 15-16 at the time. - but the point of this thread was to remember the "old days".

i know fine well things have changed for the better in some senses. aberdeen is slowly putting itself on the map when it comes to bigger acts touring. i dont actually live in aberdeen anymore. so i may be guilty of using this board and not going to gigs. but its cause im normally 200 miles away. but i like to keep up to date with whats going on in the scene in aberdeen and peoples views on other stuff in the music industries.

when i am at home, the majority of the people i know who go to gigs dont even use aberdeen music, except to maybe see what gigs are on.

and about the "scenster thingys" - the people mentioned were the people who used the boards sometimes or alot, but also you could find them at most gigs too. this board has always been used by music lovers.

so in general - im sorry if you only ever notice me mention the old days... and how great the were, but to me and many people, they were great. and we dont mean just in the music sense. just things were a lot more simple and friendlier and fun then. there is to much hate and bitchiness and jealousy around today.

i think there was as much hate and bitchiness then, but with less people, it was less visible. multiply the number of people, you multiply the amount of hate and people always talk about the shite stuff from today and the good stuff from years gone by. it's the whole rose-tinted, thick-rimmed, emo spectacles thing, which i'm guilty of too.

/x

hmm this guy pissed me off with what he said so i went and checked - in the last 250 posts ive made, ive mentioned the past 4 times. and it wasnt even saying how good it was , one was just remembering someones birthday 3 years ago, another was remembering the first time i met someone. (these 250 comments spread out ofer more than 6 months)

so your comment was a bit unjustified