aberdeen-music

Free at the Dee

Rob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Free At The Dee would be amazing if it wasn't some teenage girls pop festival

It might interest you to know then that Marillion was asked to do it about 3 years ago, their manager Lucy phoned me to get the scoop on it. They only didnt do it in the end because they couldnt afford to come up for one gig where they wouldnt get paid. It costs a lot to get aband like that together for one gig and it was too much sadly, they said atthe time if they had been offered 1000 to help with expenses they would have done it, it would have been Marillions first gig here since 1987 I think.

Cheers

Stuart

It might interest you to know then that Marillion was asked to do it about 3 years ago' date=' their manager Lucy phoned me to get the scoop on it. They only didnt do it in the end because they couldnt afford to come up for one gig where they wouldnt get paid. It costs a lot to get aband like that together for one gig and it was too much sadly, they said atthe time if they had been offered 1000 to help with expenses they would have done it, it would have been Marillions first gig here since 1987 I think.

Cheers

Stuart[/quote']

Yeah but it would have been the biggest exposure they've got North of the border in years - idiots :nono:

• 2 weeks later...

son of a dork (busted: the next generation)

two fifths are so painfully emo you'd be happier passing gallstones.

one fifth was in busted and now has a short bob

one fifth wants to be in a real band but wasn't good enough

one fifth was in a little known boyband

the only reason to be going this year (other than belinda who i imagine will be relegated to evening work) is to see Rachel Stevens belt out her new stonker of a tune I Said Never Again (but here we are again)

with lyrics including:

i feel such a traitor, I let you in my backdoor

and

rough love's so deceiving

it's electro pop glam rock. case is closed, no more negotiating with pop.

(it'll either be huge, or indeed it'll be her last single and her album will be pulled - incidentally good arena pictures corset and stockings)

FATD looks like another pile of commercial shite. A bunch of has beens playing turgid music to kids. Northsound is laughable.

Few of the acts booked are has beens. All of the acts booked are a hundred million times more relevant than those nobodies that you champion. Busted have touched the public conscience; Devin Townshend has touched a handful of "alternative" losers