aberdeen-music

Free at the Dee

Rob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest pop-notmyface
McFly fans don't worry about the recent cancellation.

Charlotte Church will be replacing them.

guys, girls..forget Charlotte Whats-her-name-she-used-to-be-kinda-sexy, Sandie Thom will be rocking the stage, look out for her ;)

Guest Jake Wifebeater
personally free at the dee would be much more exciting if Extreme Noise Terror headlined supported by DJ Fistfuck. Imagine the looks on the kids faces!!!!

Del, being of a similar vintage, do you remember E.N.T. and the KLF at the Brit Awards all those years ago?

Guest Jake Wifebeater
how could i forget? they were supposed to make 'the black album' together but it didnt happen' date=' shame i dunno if any of it got recorded but i know ENT were well pissed off with KLF for scrapping the project.[/quote']

There was a limited ENT/KLF split 7" that came out, rare as hell these days, but I have a pretty fucked-up version of "3am Eternal" on tape. Great stuff.

There was a limited ENT/KLF split 7" that came out' date=' rare as hell these days, but I have a pretty fucked-up version of "3am Eternal" on tape. Great stuff.[/quote']

I have mp3's of the ENT/KLF 3am Eternal studio version and live at the brits :up:

The Brits show was around the time the 3am flexi came out but i never thought they'd do it on the Brits, i was gutted i missed it :(

Guest Jake Wifebeater
I have mp3's of the ENT/KLF 3am Eternal studio version and live at the brits :up:

The Brits show was around the time the 3am flexi came out but i never thought they'd do it on the Brits' date=' i was gutted i missed it :([/quote']

I missed it too, I remember going to school the following day, and everyone started growling at me! (My noisy tastes were well known). I refused to believe them when they said E.N.T.were on the telly, was sick as hell. Saw it on video years later, fucking hell, it's on a par with Napalm Death being on "What's that noise?", the kids' TV show.

Guest blackadder
"I'm definitely going to be there."

Although' date=' now I think about it, I really can't be arsed.[/quote']

hmm might be a good choice, i don't even need to go and i've heard everything since it started from my flat in Torry!

It's been shit since it started!

Guest blackadder
lol' date=' i like to refer to fatd as nedfest...[/quote']

sounds about right, didn't shut up till nine last night and the darker it got the loader the music got....i couldn't win last night

Guest DustyDeviada

What was the deal with all the crappy Glaswegian "pop" acts? Man, they were really crap. Even the supposedly sexy girl-group consisted of women who looked old enough to be drawing their pension. And the Glaswegian "rap" act were just about the worst thing I have ever seen.

Rachel Stevens was good though, I too enjoyed the "backdoor" lyric. Why she missed out "LAX" though I'll never know.

The Lovebites were a poor man's Broken Sunshine, and they may have the guy out of Busted in them but that Dork band had no more right to be up on that stage than Stayover.

Guest tv tanned

See, it bothers me that Northsound and co. can cobble together an event like Free at the Dee and shell out plenty cash to get chart acts to appear, when they could better spend the money on showcasing local talent and trying to get Aberdeen's music scene (all of it) some exposure.

Admittedly it wouldn't pull in nearly 60,000 people, but then if it's a free event, why does that really matter?