aberdeen-music

If your partner/bf/gf/wife/husband cheated on you

Hog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could never forgive, and its strange because I could certainly understand how easy it is to succumb to it.

The thing about cheating is, alcohol is not ever an excuse. People who claim it is are simply hiding behind a crap excuse and not taking responsibility. Drunk or sober you know what you're doing would break your partner's heart. if you're sober enough to have sex you are sober enough to remember you are attached.

The other thing is that cheating rarely has "nothing to do with the person you're cheating on". Its usually the fact that you are doing something illicit that gives cheating the spice.

What's more telling your partner to nsalve your own conscience is bloody selfish, people don't need to know things like that.

I wouldn't ever have someone back who cheated on me because I've got too much self-respect and I'd be eaten up with jealousy, and yet I'm hardly a saint myself. That isn't hypocrisy, simply that I know that jealousy would eat me up.

Of course if she cheated on me with another girl it would be different.

what constitutes more than sex? golden showers and raising children?

I think she might have been talking about "getting intimate"...far worse than sex...remember, girls think differently to guys....

remember the jam sketch?

"I'm leaving you! you had sex with the girl who came to our party!"

"oh, ha ha, no no no, you misunderstand, I just raped her, she didn't want it".

"oh, ahhh, that's alright then, sorry, do you forgive me for jumping to that conclusion ?"...

(something like that anyway!)

I could never forgive' date=' and its strange because I could certainly understand how easy it is to succumb to it.

The thing about cheating is, alcohol is not ever an excuse. People who claim it is are simply hiding behind a crap excuse and not taking responsibility. Drunk or sober you know what you're doing would break your partner's heart. if you're sober enough to have sex you are sober enough to remember you are attached.

The other thing is that cheating rarely has "nothing to do with the person you're cheating on". Its usually the fact that you are doing something illicit that gives cheating the spice.

What's more telling your partner to nsalve your own conscience is bloody selfish, people don't need to know things like that.

I wouldn't ever have someone back who cheated on me because I've got too much self-respect and I'd be eaten up with jealousy, and yet I'm hardly a saint myself. That isn't hypocrisy, simply that I know that jealousy would eat me up.

Of course if she cheated on me with another girl it would be different.[/quote']

I think anyone who has woken up in a strangers house and whose last memory was ordering 2 bottles of wine and 2 shot glasses, will testify that you are being incredibily naive.

I think she might have been talking about "getting intimate"...far worse than sex...remember' date=' girls think differently to guys....

remember the jam sketch?

"I'm leaving you! you had sex with the girl who came to our party!"

"oh, ha ha, no no no, you misunderstand, I just raped her, she didn't want it".

"oh, ahhh, that's alright then, sorry, do you forgive me for jumping to that conclusion ?"...

(something like that anyway!)[/quote']

I love the camera effects on that sketch.

Guest lime ruined my life
I think anyone who has woken up in a strangers house and whose last memory was ordering 2 bottles of wine and 2 shot glasses' date=' will testify that you are being incredibily naive.[/quote']

i think if you drank that much you could probably be safe in the knowledge that nothing happened other than falling unconsious.

i've done it, i've had it done. both sides suck.

i'm such a jealous person now that i don't think i'd ever forgive anyone who cheated on me. i couldn't. it would eat me up. i couldn't trust a partner who did that and that would mean the bitter end. no trust = no relationship

what constitutes more than sex? golden showers and raising children?

If it was just sex, no feelings invovled i dont mind so much. where as if it was an affair, and he fell in love or had strong feelings for her, i would be gutted.

i also would be upset if he snogged someone else too, but i am hoping none of this will ever happen

If it was just sex' date=' no feelings invovled i dont mind so much. where as if it was an affair, and he fell in love or had strong feelings for her, i would be gutted.

i also would be upset if he snogged someone else too, but i am hoping none of this will ever happen[/quote']so if he shagged some random bint whose name he doesnt even know and has no intention of speaking to/seeing again, that'd be okay.

but if he snogged someone, you'd be upset?

I would love to say "No, I'd never forgive her, the cheating whore!" but as proved in the past, this never seems to be the case. It depends how strongly I feel about the girl, I guess. Also on how guilty she feels. If she came clean to me and was like "listen, I did a really stupid thing, I'm so sorry etc etc" I probably would forgive, basically because they had the guts to tell me and know they did wrong. If someone came up to me and was like "Your girlfriends cheating on you" it would probably be a very different case.

In conclusion, fuck knows.