aberdeen-music

Euro Millions

Fluffy

Guest Zeenat Aman

With 66 million pounds...

I'd make sure the ol' family were looked after and had nice places to stay etc, then buy treats for all the people I like, give a shit load to charity, then finally sort out what I want and need to make life as hunky dory as possible.

comfort for myself and my loved ones, then build a studio in my new massive house :D and record my debut solo album. i've got it pretty much planned out in my head, so all i need to do is write some songs and i'm there!

all my posse would be getting pretty well looked after too. presents galore!

/x

Bung the lot in a high interest account.

Make sure my nearest and dearest are comfortable, buy some things to make my life a bit easier (eg- a car so Stagecoach need never fleece me again!), tidy the flat up a bit.

I'd give a bit to charity, but only the ones that didn't solicit aggressively for support. I've been on the receiving end of some of the most sickening attempts to get me to donate already, and I'm only a skint student!

I'd quit my job so I could focus all my efforts on fourth year of uni.

If I ever found myself with a truly stupid amount of money, I'd try and take over all the rail providers and merge them all together. I almost at the point of believing that any average member of the public could do a better job than the companies operating right now.

Make sure everyone I know is comfortable

Hire a hitman for the people I don't like

Move to L.A

Start my own designer clothing company

Buy an apartment in New York, a cabin BC, a beach house in Sydney and a ranch in New Zealand

Have my own live-in personal trainer and chef

Buy lots of SUV'S, motorbikes and monster trucks

Have a room for my weapons

Have a room for my shoes

Generally just live the high life with my boyfriend and friends.

I'd buy Phil Collins, keep him for a while and then free him on good terms for I am merciful. I would also get Genesis to do a reunion tour and get Caravan to play in Stonehaven. I know you shouldn't make rock and roll come to you with obscene amounts of money but I think they would want to play here, it's just that they can't get transport up here very easily.

Then I'd buy my mum and dad all the extensions to the house they wanted, and anything else they wanted, and buy my sister the acest drum kit ever, and my other sister a hair salon, and my brother his own car.

I'd donate a million to Neil and the website so it could have like... I dunno. Tinsel or something.

Then I would visit Alcatraz, and buy myself a green Polo. (The car) (Not from Alcatraz)

Then I would move to Tibet for a year or so, even though I heard it takes about a decade to learn Chinese properly. I don't mind about learning it properly, I just care for conversational Chinese. I'd probably dabble in Nepal as well for a short while, and then head up to Vladivostok and travel Russia from east to west, learning Russian as I went.

When I got back I would give some money to Bordeaux FC, I want Smicer's final (I guess..) club to be wealthy and prosperous. Don't get me wrong, I know money can't buy a club success all the time, and I wouldn't want them to buy better players than him, but they would play better if they had a comfier changing room and such like.

I would probably donate a lot of money to the Children of Hope Trust, which helps people still affected by the disaster at Chernobyl, because they did a talk at my primary school and I've never forgotten it. There are many other worthwhile causes obv. to which I would give money.

I'd still have some left right? That is a LOT of money.

Finally I would build a house for my friends and I to live in. The downstairs would be a music venue decorated like rooms in certain scenes of the Shining, and with huge stills from the film on the walls, and I would call it the Overlook. Upstairs would be our living quarters, featuring a statue of Jon Anderson from Yes, and a load of other cool stuff which we have discussed at length.

If I still had any money left I'd get ELP to reunite somewhere, possibly at the Overlook.

66 Million would just shit up your life eventually, you'd end up a complete tosser like most people with more money than they should have.

I'd get a nice house in France, one over here, open up a clothes shop, put enough in the bank to keep me comfy then give the rest away. Not because I'm some massive charity crusader, just because I know I'd cock my life up with that amount of cash.

Still be a laugh though.......

I would firstly put 2 million in my bank, for food and stuff, and also just incase I fuck up and need some money. I would purchase the most expensive house I can find, fill it with the most expensive possessions I can find and buy the most expensive car that I can find. And a small plane/helicopter. I would set up a trust fund for my children of about 2million or whatever each. Once I'm happy that i've spent my money in the most self-beneficial way possible, i'll see how much I have left. If its anything substantial, I would give it to a mate.

I'd actually be quite tempted to buy 1million more Euro Lottery tickets. Just for the sake of it.

Hopefully I can spend all that in about 9 months/1 year. I wouldn't want to keep all that money for too long.

Guest bluesxman

Funnily enough I just goy my reminder to renew my online Lotto ticket. Decided to try Euromillions for a few weeks as a change. If I win i'll let you all know what i'm doing with the cash. :D

Guest Jake Wifebeater

If I ended up with an obscene amount of money like 66 million, I wouldn't thank you for it. NOBODY needs that amount of money. I honestly have no idea what I would do with it. I've never had a driving lesson, my mortgage is reasonably low, and once the bills and council tax are paid I spend the rest of it pretty much on food, booze and noise. I don't buy stupid, over-priced designer gear and I survive quite comfortably on a part-time salary.

On a side note, I realise that I'm lucky. My 30th birthday isn't too far away, and my folks have been asking what I want. "Come on, Jake, the big three-o and all that, anything you're needing? Within reason, obviously!" I'm struggling to think. I can't actually think of anything, so I guess I'm lucky, I have everything I need. The simple life for me.

If you had the chance of taking 66million, it's pretty unlikely anyone would go "Cheers, but I'll be ok without it, give it to someone else."

With that amount of money, you can wake up and go 'Nah, i'm going back to sleep' whenever you want. I'd like that.

I'd rather be loaded than comfortable.

Guest Jake Wifebeater
If you had the chance of taking 66million' date=' it's pretty unlikely anyone would go "Cheers, but I'll be ok without it, give it to someone else."

With that amount of money, you can wake up and go 'Nah, i'm going back to sleep' whenever you want. I'd like that.

I'd rather be loaded than comfortable.[/quote']

Oh, I'd take it, right enough! But I only work one early shift per fortnight anyway. Money's not my maker, I prefer enjoying a comfortable life than wishing I had a rich one.

I think getting 66million would be getting the chance to try and do something good...I would like to set up some buisnesses. Some for my own pleasure and others for the benifits of others...I don't know what though. Def. something musical related for myself and plonk it just outside Aberdeen.

I'd have to give large chunks of money to my family. Wouldn't you feel presured to try and help people with all that money? I would feel awkward having so much cash when there are some people who might need it more? It'd be quite a burden.

Other purchases may include: some cars, race car or two, put some money into renewable energy etc, studio, house and who knows what else...