aberdeen-music

Your top 3 Guitarists

DIZZY STARR

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I think Hanneman is ace' date=' King is better IMO. All Hanneman's solos are the same (granted, I like them all!) but King just varies his more and I like that. He also remembers them live! At the SLayer gig in Glasgow last October, Jeff just did the same solo for most songs lol![/quote']

Fair play...but...I think hanneman writes better songs than k king as well...

John Petrucci - Dream Theater

Mike Ammott - Arch Enemy/Spiritual Beggars

Marty Friedman - Ex-Megadeth

Nice one Dan! Marty is my all time favourite player! You heard any Cacophony or Solo?

Mine:

1) Marty Friedman (ex-Megadeth, ex-Cacophony, Solo Artist) - Musical genius, the greatest Guitarist to ever grace this planet (IMHO)

2) Slash (ex-Guns N' Roses, ex-Slash's Snakepit, Velvet Revolver) - dare I say the best Rock soloist of our times?

3) Michael Weikath (Helloween) - Awesome musician, solid Guitarist

That's my 3

Wow' date=' I love Steve Hillage! He is truly awesome... although probably not in my top 3.

I think I'd go for Jake E. Lee (Ozzy's guitarist '84 - '86), he played some of my all-time favourite solos - Bark at the Moon!! I also love Randy Rhoads' playing, but I prefer Jake.

Roy Z, Bruce Dickinson's solo guitarist (and producer of the forthcoming Judas Priest album!) is also fairly incredible... check the Tears of the Dragon solo and the Arc of Space acoustic solo... beautiful![/quote']

Mr Steve Hillage is my favourite guitarist at the moment. I can't get enough of him. Glad there are more listeners of him on the forums :cheers:

My fav guitarists are:

Steve Hillage

Robert Fripp

Gilmour

Andy Latimer

Mark Knopfler

Peter Green

Zappa

Guest Gasss

ira kaplan

bert jansch

joey burns

all strong but not showy players.

I love the way Ira Kaplan can play so delicately it strokes yr soul then rip all the strings off his guitar.

• 1 year later...