aberdeen-music

Pet hates

Lemonade

Im interested why Judaism and Christianity in particular annoy you. Do all the other lovely religious in the World not annoy you equally?

"All the other lovely religious (sic) in the World" don't annoy me equally because:

a) They do not affect my daily life anywhere near as much as those two particular ones do.

b) Those particular religions utilize a code of ethics which I don't agree with

c) I don't really know all the other religions in the World.

d) I know less about the other ones that I do know about.

:)

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"All the other lovely religious (sic) in the World" don't annoy me equally because:

a) They do not affect my daily life anywhere near as much as those two particular ones do.

Thanks for clearing that up for me and sorry for the typo!

My friends and i came across a couple of christians last week some time trying to persuade us to worship Christ. The conversation must have actually lasted about an hour. What one of them said really pissed me off. She said that it's not healthy to question everything about life, we should just accept certain things; ofcourse referring to Christianity. To this i replied, "So are you saying that we should just eat everything we're being fed?"

She replied yes.

I suppose, it's closemindedness that ultimately pisses me off above EVERYTHING else. I think closemindedness is what spawns all "evil".

My friends and i came across a couple of christians last week some time trying to persuade us to worship Christ. The conversation must have actually lasted about an hour. What one of them said really pissed me off. She said that it's not healthy to question everything about life' date=' we should just accept certain things; ofcourse referring to Christianity. To this i replied, "So are you saying that we should just eat everything we're being fed?"

She replied yes.

I suppose, it's closemindedness that ultimately pisses me off above EVERYTHING else. I think closemindedness is what spawns all "evil".[/quote']

On a similar subject, i hate people who think that being liberal means you are automatically open minded. People can be narrow mindedly liberal to the degree that they think everyone should be able to do everything they want to, regardless of the consequences. People who consider themselves to be into "alternative" music often seem to think this way. It's a strangely acceptable form of ignorance. I think ignorance, rather than closemindedness, is the greater cause of "evil" although they will quite often go hand in hand.

PS What exactly do you mean by you "came across a couple of christians". Were they preaching in the street?

On a similar subject' date=' i hate people who think that being liberal means you are automatically open minded. People can be narrow mindedly liberal to the degree that they think everyone should be able to do everything they want to, regardless of the consequences. People who consider themselves to be into "alternative" music often seem to think this way. It's a strangely acceptable form of ignorance. I think ignorance, rather than closemindedness, is the greater cause of "evil" although they will quite often go hand in hand.

PS What exactly do you mean by you "came across a couple of christians". Were they preaching in the street?[/quote']

Yeah, ignorance is probably the better word to use. Yeah, they were handing out flyers and talking to people. We were stopped on Back Wynd. The irony of it all is that we were actually heading to check out the spiritualist church, but having being stopped twice by christians on the way and getting involved in two lengthy discussions, we would have ended up being late. So we gave that a miss. Ofcourse when the christians found out where we were heading, they found it necessary to warn us away from what is apparantly "The Devil's work".

Yeah' date=' ignorance is probably the better word to use. Yeah, they were handing out flyers and talking to people. We were stopped on Back Wynd. The irony of it all is that we were actually heading to check out the spiritualist church, but having being stopped twice by christians on the way and getting involved in two lengthy discussions, we would have ended up being late. So we gave that a miss. Ofcourse when the christians found out where we were heading, they found it necessary to warn us away from what is apparantly "The Devil's work".[/quote']

What sepcific denomination were they? I can't imagine any christians actually saying that apart from maybe older people.

people not using the green cross code

people crossing the road 10 metres away from the traffic lghts when traffic is pretty busy- just walk up to the crossing!

BABY BOXES

being stuck behind slow people- especially when you're in a hurry

when you can't ehar what people are saying, and tehy thin kyour being rude

people- mainly girls- who use fake tan that looks so orange but still tehy think its hot. blergh

vegetarians who try to force you to stop eating meat

people who try to convert you to their religion

people who talk REALLY loudly i nteh cinema during the film. that fucking gets me going. usually a big group of bams who think it'll be funny GARRRRRRRRRR

feminists- yeah all for the big issues, but the dykey ones wh oare like "i don't need a man to put up shelves. girls can do it too". yes. fuck off though.

littering- especially if there is a bin 2 metres away

fast food places, where customers don't clear up for them selves- again the bin is 2 metres away

*Copied and pasted from entry to 'the Bitching Thread'* - I appreciate these aren't entirely Pet Hates but they're close enough.

The Kaiser chiefs

Topshop art punks

Modern art/ Tracey Emin/ Anyone that tried to get into modern art because they heard the phrase art-punk

The phrase "I was soooo drunk, I didn't know what I was doing" - I'll tell you what you were doing, trying to pick your black framed glasses off the floor whilst wiping the vomit from your face as a bouncer kicked your ribs for being 13.

People who talk constantly about the 'weekend'

The Kaiser Chiefs

People who are against 'all that pop shit'

People who think, lets say...Atreyu, are better than Kylie Minogue because they play their own instruments.

Thinking drug re-classification and being anti-George Bush are important UK political issues.

The goons that hang around on Belmont Street hoping to be seen by the 'scene'.

Over-the-top alternative-metal looking kids, you might be controversial but your parents fucking hate you.

Fat, spotty, tubby guys who try to look effeminately emo-core and end up looking like fat, spotty, tubby guys with a make-over from their blind little sister. See My Space for examples.

People who take My Space seriously.

The Kaiser Chiefs

Emotional online diaries which the writer takes seriously and uses to express their deepest feelings about life...people only read them to laugh at you.

Guys who form bands to attract attention from 13 year old girls (when they're 22)

Guys who use photos on My Space to attract attention from 13 year old girls (even though they're 22)

People who say things like "Bush just started the war for oil" and "Blair is a liar"....."Really??, well thank you for that political insight Jeremy Paxman"

Girls who think guys will be their boyfriends if they give them a blow-job

The Kaiser Chiefs

The fact at least one person will be bothered because I don't like something they do.

The fact I couldnt send this last night when I wrote it, but it got me so annoyed I actually saved it and waited till today.

Oh hell yeah...man have I been waiting for this one..

1 - Driving on a single lane road behind some fuck (usually 60+) who's doing about 30 when its a 40/50/60 limit. CHRIST ON A BIKE, GET OUT OF MY FUCKING WAY!

2 - Arguing with someone about something and they just shout their point at you continually, blocking out anything you try to say to reply to them. Serial killers are born from this.

3 - Banging my head on anything. This has lead me to put my foot through a wooden door through anger.

4 - Whenever you microwave something for how long it says to on the packet and it burns the fuck out of your mouth when you bite into it. You're hungry, you've paid for something to eat, and then it injures you?! I see no justice in that whatsoever.

5 - The staff in any Wetherspoons. What is it that puts me off? Maybe it's the prison officer style uniforms, the females sporting knuckles tatooes, the two bar staff for every 600 customers, or possibly even the off Stella?

6 - Neds who shout/whistle across a busy road to their mates. Yes, you have friends. Do we want to hear you shout at your equally scummy compatriots? Do we fuck.

7 - My girlfriend's Dad. Three words. What. A. Cock.

8 - People that snort when they laugh. Ok, maybe there's nothing they can do about it, but still, if I wanted to hear it, I'd go down the petting zoo.

9 - People that wear bluetooth headsets. It's bigger than a handsfree kit - yes, you may say, it has no wire, but what does that really achieve? It achieves the effect of having a contraption attached to the side of your head that makes you look like the bellend referee from Gladiators.

10 - People that try to get your attention by poking you violently in the side, when you're not expecting it. My mother does this to me quite a lot when I'm home and I'm convinced that one day it will give me an epileptic seizure.

I will definitely think of more, much kudos to the genius who thought up this thread.

Mike

People that wear bluetooth headsets. It's bigger than a handsfree kit - yes' date=' you may say, it has no wire, but what does that really achieve? It achieves the effect of having a contraption attached to the side of your head that makes you look like the bellend referee from Gladiators.[/quote']

Haha, if only scene points were still around.

Rock journalists comparing every single boring, generic and all round shite metalcore band to Carcass and At The Gates. It would only be a fair comparison if any of these bands had half the talent and were able to write a song that wasnt a 3rd rate fear factory riff/ bass drum combo

Or actually fucking sounded like them in any way