aberdeen-music

Metrosexuals (you know who you are!)

JME

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats been bugging me for a while is all this rather feminine attention alot of guys i know have been giving to their hair

So! It's their fucking hair and maybe they aspire to look a little more presentable. Should men be walking about drinking beer and reading fucking Nuts magazine incase they look feminine?

is it me or is it all a bit gay?

Oh heaven forbid doing anything that might make you look gay! I've heard those gays have sex with other men and all sorts of fucked up things.

Most girls i've talked too dont seem too impressed by this' date=' and generally laugh at stories such as a gut i know getting an 80 hair straightner for christmas. I mean fucking hell...

[/quote']

So what if girls aren't impressed by it! Do you base your entire life around what girls find attractive, I bet your mates that straighten their hair start getting laid a damn site more than you do seeing as they actually probably wash themselves. (I actually suspect the motivation for this thread was probably that some guy with straight hair is getting a bit of a girl you like, but I may be wrong).

Am i just being ' Metrophobic' ?

Yes. And sexist, homophobic and you're generally coming off as a bit thick.

Either way, I use hair straighteners and do other things you'd probably consider a bit feminine and gay, but I don't give a shit. I'm not gay and I don't have any real problems attracting woman, I'm just not really into masculine ideals of attractiveness.

Have a think about your life in general, I reckon you probably secretly dig a bit of cock seeing as your so uppity about the whole sexuality aspect. And if your having trouble attracting woman, put down your lad magazine for a second, have a bit of a wash and maybe change your socks (that means a new clean pair, not turning the old ones inside out).

So! It's their fucking hair and maybe they aspire to look a little more presentable. Should men be walking about drinking beer and reading fucking Nuts magazine incase they look feminine?

Oh heaven forbid doing anything that might make you look gay! I've heard those gays have sex with other men and all sorts of fucked up things.

So what if girls aren't impressed by it! Do you base your entire life around what girls find attractive' date=' I bet your mates that straighten their hair start getting laid a damn site more than you do seeing as they actually probably wash themselves. (I actually suspect the motivation for this thread was probably that some guy with straight hair is getting a bit of a girl you like, but I may be wrong).

Either way, I use hair straighteners and do other things you'd probably consider a bit feminine and gay, but I don't give a shit. I'm not gay and I don't have any real problems attracting woman, I'm just not really into masculine ideals of attractiveness.

Have a think about your life in general, I reckon you probably secretly dig a bit of cock seeing as your so uppity about the whole sexuality aspect. And if your having trouble attracting woman, put down your lad magazine for a second, have a bit of a wash and maybe change your socks (that means a new clean pair, not turning the old ones inside out).[/quote']

oh calm down GIRLFRIEND.

The kind of people who read Nuts and FHM etc are precisely the kind of idiots who get expensive haircuts, wear designer clothes etc, i.e total fucking fashion victims.

It's the kind of people who are so vapid, shallow and easily led that they will happilly be led like the rats of the pied fucking piper down la rue des idiots into the womb of popular culture to seek their goal of conformity and acceptance, at the cost of their soul.

Teenagers are to be forgiven for their grasping at identity, but adults really ought to know better. These people are victims, they are to be pitied, the fact that they are willing to prostrate themselves before their media gods and become willing puppets, pointless actors in someone elses game, at the expense of their own freedom, is just pathetic.

i slated my brother for buying and using hair straighteners, just as i slated him for wearing a handbag ("it's a fucking record bag, you prick") that carried nothing but cigarettes or rolling tobacco. maybe i'm just from the old school that says, if you need straight hair, use a fucking iron and some newspaper.

i felt really sad tonight, i saw a guy that came into moshulu as if he was looking for the old mudd club, where he would have fitted right in. late nineties mudd club != mid naughties mudd club. maybe that's not a bad thing, but trying to carry off old mudd club with prodigy/rage tunes whilst holding oldies, it's never going to work, is it?

however, it's got to be said that i've never been in touch with fashion, i just reject any notion of dressing oneself up for another. i mean, when you wake up next to each other in bed the next morning, you still look fucking rough.

I response to the Nuts/FHM issue' date=' I think you'll find their readership spans a pretty wide demographic, from the 'fashion victims' to Builders.

As for the rest, quite nicely written, but pretty off-topic.[/quote']

That wasn't just directed at readers of FHM, and I don't think the rest was off topic.What I said applies to most of the ignorant, juvenile, uneducated tossers that populate this website, aberdeen, and the uk as a whole. If these fucking arseholes spent 80 quid on books and actually read them and understood them, instead of some shitty blonde streaks and a mohican and a subcription to sky, maybe the world would be a better place.

Even people on this website think they are living some kind of special alternative lifestyle because they aren't neds and they don't listen to techno and perhaps play in some shitty band. You fuckers and the neds are all different shades of the same colour, all fashion victims, desperately trying to fit in with your peers and the image in your head of how should look in order to be accepted, while the rest of us normal, sane human beings just look at you and think "what a bunch of fucking clowns".

I don't see the problem...

We straightened Rass and JC's hair ages ago. JC's looked fuckin' ace afterwards :)

And Martin who does Rock Karaoke at the Bassment has lovely long hair... I'm pretty sure he uses the same conditioner as me.

But of course naturally if a guy grows his hair long and doesn't let it fester in its own greases he must be gay. Obviously.

I know....anyone who spends 80 on their gut obviously has way too much money....

i paid 100 for mine....... :rolleyes: *whistles*

actually my mum did, for my birthday

but they are fucking good straighteners and i need good ones for my unbelievabley difficult hair which is wavey/frizzy as hell, not to mention pretty damn long!

Yeah, all of a sudden this has become some sort of thing against men who want to look like men. There's is nothing wrong with a guy wanting to look after his appearance, i do take issue with all these fashion victim types who all of a sudden think that it makes them individual to try and look as efeminate as possible. It doesn't, you can walk down union street and see about a hundred of them with their 'man-bags', dyed straightened hair, pink garments and a million of those bloody friendship bracelets.

As i said i have nothing against these guys, they can wear what they want. But all of a sudden you're made to feel out of place if you have a skinhead or actually look like a man. I mean i take care of myself but i draw the line there, the day you see me wearing a man bag hell will freeze over.

So what if girls aren't impressed by it! Do you base your entire life around what girls find attractive' date=' I bet your mates that straighten their hair start getting laid a damn site more than you do seeing as they actually probably wash themselves. (I actually suspect the motivation for this thread was probably that some guy with straight hair is getting a bit of a girl you like, but I may be wrong).

Have a think about your life in general, I reckon you probably secretly dig a bit of cock seeing as your so uppity about the whole sexuality aspect. And if your having trouble attracting woman, put down your lad magazine for a second, have a bit of a wash and maybe change your socks (that means a new clean pair, not turning the old ones inside out).[/quote']

Well cheers for the nice personal attack on something that was just asking a question that was on my mind. Furthermore thankyou for the scene point about me being an ugly fucker, well appreciated now maybe il go and put down my non existent bloke mags and have a shower, although like most guys i shower once a morning, why you somehow got the idea that because i thought hairstraighteners were a bit feminine that i was in that case gay, ugly and didnt shower is something quite fucking past my mind reading capabilities.

Honestly mate, i was just seeing what everyone thought about this, and to do that it made sense to state my opinion, by all means straighten and highlight your hair, go to the clubs and get laid every night, but why must you fucking be an asshole and say shit like you just did?? Christ i could spend all day looking at this immature ramble of opinionated garbage you have written, but why? You obviously have a chip on your shoulder for people who dont need to spend hours in a beauty salon but, thats not for me to say is it?????? :D

The irony is that my hair is naturally quite straight, light and gets blondish highlights from the sun. Furthermore, i play sports, i keep fit, and i dont really concern myself with how my hair is while im walking down the street, or what it looks like the minute i get out of a swimming pool.

Think about what you say, im sure your an alright guy, just fucking keep it inside yourself and you might find people will like you more :D:D

Well cheers for the nice personal attack on something that was just asking a question that was on my mind. Furthermore thankyou for the scene point about me being an ugly fucker' date=' well appreciated now maybe il go and put down my non existent bloke mags and have a shower, although like most guys i shower once a morning, why you somehow got the idea that because i thought hairstraighteners were a bit feminine that i was in that case gay, ugly and didnt shower is something quite fucking past my mind reading capabilities.

Honestly mate, i was just seeing what everyone thought about this, and to do that it made sense to state my opinion, by all means straighten and highlight your hair, go to the clubs and get laid every night, but why must you fucking be an asshole and say shit like you just did?? Christ i could spend all day looking at this immature ramble of opinionated garbage you have written, but why? You obviously have a chip on your shoulder for people who dont need to spend hours in a beauty salon but, thats not for me to say is it?????? :D

The irony is that my hair is naturally quite straight, light and gets blondish highlights from the sun. Furthermore, i play sports, i keep fit, and i dont really concern myself with how my hair is while im walking down the street, or what it looks like the minute i get out of a swimming pool.

Think about what you say, im sure your an alright guy, just fucking keep it inside yourself and you might find people will like you more :D:D[/quote']

I don't think it was so much what you asked, but more how you worded it. Had you left out comments like: "I mean fucking hell..." & "is it me or is it all a bit gay?" you would probably have found people responded in a more constructive and less agressive manner. Personally, I've used hair straighteners once or twice when my hair was longer and probably will again, when it re-grows - as my hair is thick, wiry and very unmanageable. I use some hair-care products and skin care products, dress pretty much how I like (usually jeans / t-shirt / shirt combo). I don't consider myself to be particularly gay - I like to call it being in touch with my inner woman ;) And for the record I am completely straight, but have no problem with any other sexuality, as I have friends of gay, straight, bi-sexual & A-sexual inclinations.

~Andy :cheers:

im gonna be lazy and say you took the words right out of my mouth, cause you almost did :) well said

well said sir

No-one else see the irony in this post about sexuality by 'swinging Ryan' no offence meant to you Ryan.

Yes welllll said, i figured why not join the general opinion that i

1. dont wash

2. read bloke magazines

3. secretly dig a girl that is impressed by a guy with straightened hair

4. Consider anyone who even remotely thinks about how they look is gay

5. myself am gay

6. am also ugly

7. am sexist

8. am homophobic

9. base my whole life around what girls find attractive

10. am thick, (i would be after only getting 3 As and 3 Bs at Higher, and getting 2 A's and a C at advanced higher)

11. only have one pair of socks

12. think Hairstraighteners, although a feminine beauty product, are slightly feminine

13. have a horrible habit of drinking beer o_O

Yes well, who THE FUCK ARE YOU MATE??? Do you know me?? Do i want you to know me?? FUCK NO, ill just let you bask in the glory of your presumed knowledge, and anyone else can do the same for all I FUCKING CARE !!!! Im sorry im not cool enough for everyone here, maybe i should go curl my hair, get it dyed blonde, and have my nails done, then maybe people would fucking stop LAYING INTO EVERY FUCKING WORD I SAY !

Im gone..