aberdeen-music

Biggest On-stage Cock-Up?

Guest DustyDeviada

At kef we got half way through our first song kicked into the chorus and all the power to the guitarists amp and pedals cut out needless to say we carried on while our drummer tried to kick the socket back into touch in the process kickin over his ride stand lovely

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A certain sound engineer I know once told me the following tale:

He was setting up this old JBL rig and the top cabs in this type of rig are REALLY heavy weighing in at about 100Kgs each. It takes two relatively strong people to hoist them onto the bass cabs which are ~1m tall. The procedure is that you lift the top cab lengthwise face down, arse first, so that just the edge of it is resting on it's bass cab. Then you go "aaaauuuugghhh" and flip the top cab over through 90 degrees into the final vertical position.

Don't worry it gets better...

So this nameless friend just happens to be wearing loose fitting joggers on the day in question. Unbeknownst to him, midway through this err erection process, the part of his joggers containing his knob has somehow come to rest on top of the bass cab. So they go "aaauuuugghhh" and flip the 100Kg top cab through 90 degrees... right onto his penis. And he's still going "aaaauuuuuggggghhhh" for a considerable time afterwards.

I once played Drakes to about 7 people so got totally pissed. Came on stage where me and the drummer just spent the first song laughing at each other then my guitar strap fell off in the second song and I had to play the rest of the song on my nees. Lucky no-one was there really.

Now

thats Rock n Roll.

At one Genesis gig Tony Banks started playing the Firth of Fifth intro (which is piano by itself) and got carried away and played the wrong version so he tried to go too high' date=' ran out of keyboard and stormed off the stage in fury and humiliation :)[/quote']

He's my father - in - law to be's Cousin. So when I get married next year I will be distantly related to a prog pioneer. Dear God.

I saw Ed O' Brien fall off the stage at a Radiohead gig once.

I broke my foot at Lava right at the very end of our set about 2 and a half years ago... Our crash endings used to go on forever, I remember sitting on stage screaming in agony and the ending just went on forever... Erskine carried me out after the gig. Missed my last week of work and my first week of university with my foot in a soft cast. Not only embarrassing but also very rubbish indeed. Twat.

Guest Tam o' Shantie
no i didn't i meant to spell guitar like gtr so i didn't have to type as much you tool bit!

p.s. bring on -100

you're an utterly retarded cunt, you cunt

Not my fault.

At a botb. Bass pedal falls off. I insist on getting people at side of stage to come put it back on. It falls off through the whole song and the bass moves forward etc etc. Evtnually give up and play with no kick.

It only occured to me after we finished that i could have stopped, fitted the pedal, and started again.

• 4 months later...

Funniest fuck up I ever saw was when on tour with Uli Roth, during the show the rear lighting truss was lowered as part of the light show, the problem was, the lowering motors were pre-set to lower a certain ammount and at this particular gig the roof wasnt as high as the rest, so everyone had to watch as the lights got closer and closer to the drummer (Clive Bunker) he ended up crouched down at the hight of his snare with smoke coming from his hair.....what a pro. What a laugh, the rest of the band had no idea.

Couple early years horrors

School band

The guitarists decided to jump off the stage and I then followed but my lead was a tad shorter... and came out of the amp. I then have to scramble onto stage and plug in again...much embarrasment.

...many more tales of woe from those days but not really related to me.

A few experienced years later in Orkney

I went on stage for the 2nd set and plugged into my old H&H but the input fell into the amp...fumbled about trying to get it out of the amp for the whole of the next song. Fortunatley the keyboard player covered.

Most famous and funny I know of

Blackie Lawless of WASP infamy ...and his exploding cod piece, which went off the wrong way and charred his knackers. Superb :rockon: