aberdeen-music

Liverpool Vs. A.C. Milan

Well, the big day is here. I've been breaking out into a massive smile every time I think about the fact that we're in the Champions League Final. Not to mention the shivers that go up my spine!

I expect it to be a tight affair but I know that we can win this. Why not, eh? A.C. Milan have so much quality but with a midfield that includes Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, and Hamann, we can give them a run for their money.

My fathers been in Istanbul since Sunday. I'm still waiting for a smug game day phone call!

Just over 8 hours to go. I can't wait. Time to start getting ready.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I wont say that i was happy about it, but i just don't really like Liverpool. Also I've followed italian football for along time and like their teams to do well in europe. Still I wish it was Juve that had a chance of winning :moody: I quite liek benitez but knocking out two of my team from europe was enough to keep my dislike of the team going strong.

I can't understand how anyone can support a foreign team in the european comps' date=' over a brittish team?

If I were a Celtic fan, and Rangers knocked us out to get to the final, I would support Rangers. I really hate Man United, but I'd want them to win.... it's us against them. Not us against us.[/quote']

It's individual clubs againts individual clubs, nothing to do with nationality.

I do support other scottish teams in europe, but mainly because them doing well is good for aberdeen and i like the spl's reputation to improve.

I can't understand how anyone can support a foreign team in the european comps' date=' over a brittish team?

[/quote']

I'm not English so don't care in the slightest about English football. Scottish teams are different as their success directly benefits other scottish teams, so there's a point to supporting them.

Like paranoid android however, I chose to take an interest in the Italian league a few years ago (probably around about when Champ Manager Italia came out I reckon) and I also wanted Juve to beat Liverpool in the semi.

But now it's the final and I'm completely neutral again then I'll throw my weight behind Livepool and hope they hump milan. If only because a few of my mates support them.

I can't understand how anyone can support a foreign team in the european comps' date=' over a brittish team?[/quote']

And i wondered where the BNP got votes from.....?

I hope a European team win tonight, all for one and all that.....

football is the real winner :rolleyes:

Milan's last four games,

Milan 3-3 Palermo

Lecce 2-2 Milan

Milan 0-1 Juventus

PSV 3-1 Milan

they jsut sneaked into the final and in the end handed the title to juve when it looked like being one of the closest title races around. This is hardly the stuff of european champions, but they do have an abundance of experience and talent and if they can get it together for this one game, they should win. One hting is for sure though if liverpool win, you cant say they dont deserve it having to play juve, chelsea and milan.

i guess not, though it does seem they have been riding their luck ever since that late strike against Olympiakos, i mean...Juve not scoring against them in Turin having beat every opponent up until the first leg 1-0, also having a goal at Anfield unfairly chalked off...and we all know it wasnt a goal in the second leg against Chelsea....

yeah i suppose, still it was tougher than man u's run to the final in 99 when they played juve and inter who were 8th and 9th in serie a at the time, their worst seasons in recent history.

t would be cool if this was like the liverpool - alaves cup final a few years ago, all liverpool games throughout the competition being low scoring boring games then suddenly a goal fest in the final. :D

Well' date=' the big day is here. I've been breaking out into a massive smile every time I think about the fact that we're in the Champions League Final. Not to mention the shivers that go up my spine!

I expect it to be a tight affair but I know that we can win this. Why not, eh? A.C. Milan have so much quality but with a midfield that includes Garcia, Gerrard, Alonso, and Hamann, we can give them a run for their money.

My fathers been in Istanbul since Sunday. I'm still waiting for a smug game day phone call!

Just over 8 hours to go. I can't wait. Time to start getting ready.[/quote']

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/4565043.stm liverpool have no chance, its a shame we will have to wait another year for a british team to win this trophy.

Guest Bob Double Jack
liverpool have no chance' date=' its a shame we will have to wait another year for a british team to win this trophy.[/quote']

Bollocks - they had no chance against Chelsea and Juventus, supposedly.

Milan's defence should be drawing their pensions, and we have Steven Gerrard.

And no one should be supporting Milan anyway - Liverpool are a BRITISH side. Even if it was Chelski, the Mancs, Rangers or Celtic, they would be getting supported by myself and all you right minded supporters of football..

Nuff said - Go on the reds!!

Y.N.W.A.

(PS. I am prepared to eat my words if we get beat)

Guest Scorge Spike

I reckon AC Milan will play boring, negative football out of the copybook and nick a 1-0 win.

I'm off to the pub to watch it, then hopefully take my winning coupon to Ladbrokes tomorrow morning....