aberdeen-music

Phobia

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Logan

My nephew had a funny one when he was like 2, he was so scared that if you took out the plug when he was in the bath, he'd get sucked down the drain with the water! Ho ho!

I myself only have one phobia. Insects. Okay, so it covers a wide range. But I hate all of them. ALL OF THEM!! Whether it be spiders, flies, wasps or BEES!! Bees are the worst tho! They always seem to come to MY window! Doesn't matter which room I'm in, they'll always come up to my window and start buzzing like a little fucker. It's usually on a hot day so the window is open and the curtains are drawn. Then it just flies on in there. So I rush to the bathroom, grab the deoderant (or whatever spray thing is handy) and just let him have it! DIE FUCKER!! Takes ages for the bitch to stop moving. What, you expect me to just let it live after it's threatened to kill me? Bad thing is, I'm allergic to deoderant, so I'm sneezing like a mother fucker for days after. Looks like the bug wins in the end.

Guest Bailz

Not too sure if this is a real phobia but when I was younger I couldn't look up at high ceilings. The Marischal Museum was notorious for terrifying me.

Guest Logan
HEIGHTS!!!! Seriously....

Stems from paranoia and the constant fear of the inevitable day someone is gonna push you over a ledge from a great height' date=' and its gonna happen...[/quote']

Don't give me any ideas Mr Knight! ;)

I'm scared to some things but I wouldn't say they were phobias... I mean you can be scared of heights but that doesn't make it a phobia.

Phobiacs are actually properly scared of shit, they get so scarey that it makes them panic and can cause involuntary symptoms such as paralysis and shit...

I think the term "Phobia" gets banded about too frequently, just in general people use it when they are just simply scarred of something (bee stinging you for example...)

people with double jointed finger tips. Im not scared of douible jointed people. My mate used to be able to hold both his hands behind his back and dislocate his shoulders to tkae his arms over his head. But

people that put two of their fingertips together and press, if they're tip joints bend backwards, especially in their pinkies, then just can't watch and want to vomit.

I'm scared to some things but I wouldn't say they were phobias... I mean you can be scared of heights but that doesn't make it a phobia.

Nah, its called Acrophobia, its not where you're scared of say, about to forward abseil down some building, but when you are filled with fear whilst in a safe situation...I used to get it very bad..heres some examples, you know the over pass from John Lewis to Bon Accord centre, I couldn't cross that for ages, I was seriously clinging onto the rail. The glass elevator, i can't look if it gets higher than floor 2...its a safe environment yet it scares the fuck out of me, at a BP building in London where I was working, their was a central staircase which was quite open and you coudl see from the 2nd floor down to the ground....I simply couldn't use those stairs..and constantly got a bollocking for taking the lift from the healthy police...

I also suffer from Telephonophobia, Electrophobia....its serious shit, who needs drugs to be paranoid! :D

Nah' date=' its called Acrophobia, its not where you're scared of say, about to forward abseil down some building, but when you are filled with fear whilst in a safe situation...I used to get it very bad..heres some examples, you know the over pass from John Lewis to Bon Accord centre, I couldn't cross that for ages, I was seriously clinging onto the rail. The glass elevator, i can't look if it gets higher than floor 2...its a safe environment yet it scares the fuck out of me, at a BP building in London where I was working, their was a central staircase which was quite open and you coudl see from the 2nd floor down to the ground....I simply couldn't use those stairs..and constantly got a bollocking for taking the lift from the healthy police...

I also suffer from Telephonophobia, Electrophobia....its serious shit, who needs drugs to be paranoid! :D[/quote']

Ah i see, please note I wasn't aiming my comment at you at all, obviously many people do have real phobias, but I doubt that EVERYONE that's posted here is posting a true phobia?

I mean, you can be "scared" of a spider, but are you truly arachnophobic? I mean, I just think that in general, the term phobia is overused and often used to describe fear rather than phobia...