aberdeen-music

Vanilla Ice - Is it true?

Jesus.H.Christ

when will this be?

Pretty amazing. I wonder if his new stuff is any good though?

I liked him at the time, but after so many present day rappers i.e. Jay Z I'm kind of spoiled.

Bobbie

i heard about it on Friday night' date=' Ross was hinting at a rapper from the 90's who was on the farm, took the person that told me a few mins to click.[/quote']

But he doesn't do 'that' song :'(

Nah' date=' he prolly will.. but there's a whole spiel on his site about being a puppet for the music industry etc etc...

[i']It's a true story that Video Killed the Radio Star because music should not be about image. Music should be about the music! I learned the hard way. The new Vanilla Ice is exactly that; no image, no polished made up gimmicks created by record companies. I will never be a puppet for the industry again. From this point on I will keep it real. That's why I didn't change the name. It doesn't mean anything; it's only a label. It's not important, plus I am not running from anything or trying to hide. I want people to know that I face my adversaries. Don't get me wrong, though I love Ice Ice Baby, I just can't stand the image that was created for me at that time. Even though it worked and we sold 17 million records, I was treated like a puppet just to make a Hip Hop artist look like a novelty act. I was not designed to be that. I was turned into that by making my image more acceptable to a younger audience, but to tell the difference just listen to the music. It's Hip Hop not Pop like all the other novelty acts.

Well, I aint really a city boy. Round abouts where I grew up people listened to classic rock and wuz dang happy with it. So this is a serious question for y'all. Are there people in the good ole' north east of Scotland who acually listen to rap music??? And like it? Will this gig actually sell?

Aint nobody ah personally know can even be bothered puttin up with rap on the radio so this gigs darn confussing me, know what ahm sayin?

Well' date=' I aint really a city boy. Round abouts where I grew up people listened to classic rock and wuz dang happy with it. So this is a serious question for y'all. Are there people in the good ole' north east of Scotland who acually listen to rap music??? And like it? Will this gig actually sell?

Aint nobody ah personally know can even be bothered puttin up with rap on the radio so this gigs darn confussing me, know what ahm sayin?[/quote']

I love hip-hop, and almost all of friends do as well. Also V-Ice's last couple of albums (Hard to Swallow and Bi-Polar) have also incorporated his love of rock and metal, and combined it with good old break-beat hip-hop, and come up with some very good music. So I would be very surprised if this gig didn't sell.

So this is a serious question for y'all. Are there people in the good ole' north east of Scotland who acually listen to rap music??? And like it? Will this gig actually sell?

Thats exactly the attitude I'd expect to see on this site.

Truestyles Under 18's HIP HOP night out sells the Under 18's Metal night in aberdeen so the youth is the future hahaaha sorry.

On a serious note, We have 'gigs' or shows as we call them every other week and always a packed venue.

Quite a few hip hop acts up in aberdeen recently including Tim Westwood, DJ Whoo Kid, Richie Ruftone, DJ Itchy etc etc all with big crowds and Q-Bert, Roots Manuva, Kano coming shortly.

Aberdeen has allot of musical taste and culture its just you moshers/punks/rockers or whatever yous call yourselfs these days that can't see it because if your into rock your not aloud to be into anything else, well thats what yous seem to think.

There is probs as many rappers and Hip Hop djs as there are rock bands in aberdeen your just to blind to see it.

i saw vanilla ice live in 2000 at a frat party in LA. he played the original version of ice ice baby as the first song of the encore and then played the nu-metal version immediately after. played ninja rap too!

I knew that I knew somebody who had seen him live.

I love you now....

*Obviously Love Rachel more like...... her FINAL FINAL FINALS for Medicine are in 2 days. Thursday & Friday...........I`m bricking it and i`m not even sitting them.

Mel - do you need access in the next few days for Ob School and if so when....gig on Wednesday and possibly showing round a VIP on Thursday early evening.

Thats exactly the attitude I'd expect to see on this site.

Aberdeen has allot of musical taste and culture its just you moshers/punks/rockers or whatever yous call yourselfs these days that can't see it because if your into rock your not aloud to be into anything else' date=' well thats what yous seem to think.

There is probs as many rappers and Hip Hop djs as there are rock bands in aberdeen your just to blind to see it.[/quote']

Look, I'm not ignorant. Like I say I didn't grow up in Aberdeen. Now, when I say nobody I personally know listens to rap I really mean NOBODY. I've met a couple of randoms who listened to it and thats about it. From my perspective, rap might as well be something they listen to over in America and Americanised parts of England.

I've made a point of listening to other forms of music and since coming to Aberdeen I've had the privilage of listening to Classical, Jazz, Blues, Indie, 'Progressive', punk, thrash, acoustic, techno, and a few bands I wouldn't know how to class besides the normal classic/hard rock and metal bands. This city indeed has a great music scene, we're even luckier than places like Edinburgh up here. That being said, I've never seen a hip hop night at drummonds or drakes or the tunnels. I dunno, maybe there has been, just saying I aint never seen it. For all the indie, rock, metal, hardcore, alternative, ska, punk bands etc I see advertised for those venues I'm not seeing a lot of hip hop nights.

The Moorings had a hip/hop band up .....

When playing at the Moorings there was a band called "Silence in the Streets", and they really rocked the pub. Had people up and getting wild, and all for a bit of rap combo hip/hop.

I was pretty much taken aback cause it was unexpected, but it was so cool and the place really rocked. Next time they are up this way, I'll give ya a shout.

take care,

Bobbie

Look' date=' I'm not ignorant. Like I say I didn't grow up in Aberdeen. Now, when I say nobody I personally know listens to rap I really mean NOBODY. I've met a couple of randoms who listened to it and thats about it. From my perspective, rap might as well be something they listen to over in America and Americanised parts of England.

I've made a point of listening to other forms of music and since coming to Aberdeen I've had the privilage of listening to Classical, Jazz, Blues, Indie, 'Progressive', punk, thrash, acoustic, techno, and a few bands I wouldn't know how to class besides the normal classic/hard rock and metal bands. This city indeed has a great music scene, we're even luckier than places like Edinburgh up here. That being said, I've never seen a hip hop night at drummonds or drakes or the tunnels. I dunno, maybe there has been, just saying I aint never seen it. For all the indie, rock, metal, hardcore, alternative, ska, punk bands etc I see advertised for those venues I'm not seeing a lot of hip hop nights.[/quote']