aberdeen-music

Kaiser Chiefs

Guest Tam o' Shantie

To be honest, I first heard 'I Predict A Riot' on Zane Lowe's show in December of last year and thought it was fucking awesome. Superb chorus. So I was loving them for a while, then I heard 'Oh My God' and felt let down. EXACTLY the same build up to the chorus' used in both songs, and its just such a crap song. I was so pissed off, thought the next single would be brilliant, especially cause a mate incorrectly informed me that 'Little Thoughts' by Bloc Party was actually by the Kaisers just after I heard 'I Predict A Riot'.

Mike

Guest idol_wild

Tom, I think you're right.

Having heard their album it's very safe to say that I Predict A Riot is the only semi-strong song on the album. It's an indie dancefloor tune, or choon, whatever you may prefer. The remainder of the album is so bland.

The thing that irks me most of all about Kaiser Chiefs is that they could have been a decent pop band, had they signed to the right label. The label have really rushed them to overwhelming extremes, and the fact of the matter is: if they had been given, say, another six months to a year of solid practicing and live shows, they'd be better at playing live, better at writing songs, and just better musicians generally. They'd have been a better band.

The same can be said of The Killers (although I believe half of their album is exceptional), and even Bloc Party to an extent. From what I've seen and heard live of Bloc Party, they have quite a long way to come in terms of live performances. They sound pretty big on record, though.

im bored shitless of bloc party, franz and especially Kaiser Chefs - v dull

nitetime radio 1 is unlistenable derivative bollocks

zane low makes me wanna cringe/vomit/kick shit out of his head - gibbering fanny

death to so called ''new music'' *YAWN* (unless it actually IS new)

I predict a Riot was actually released on Drowned In Sound records....

As was The Cribs....

Kaiser Chiefs were Moshulu's tip for the tops in December last year.

No, I predict a riot, was out on B-Unique Records. Oh My God was out on DIS records in May 2004.

They're one of those bands that sounded good when I first heard them but after seeing them on the tv and hearing them on the radio all the time they don't do it for me anymore. I wouldn't buy their album but I'll watch them at T in the Park and see what they're like live.

Aye' date=' that's new music cribbed straight from the late seventies and not done particularly well at that.

To be honest, I can take listening to them easier than I can take the rest of the bollocks that's on the radio.[/quote']

I ain't saying they're good but there ain't any 70s aspect to the Kaiser Chiefs.