aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Alternative - 2nd BBP tape. (superb anarcho punk from Dunfermline, daresay Nestor Makhno could tell you a lot about them)

Bolt Thrower - 1987 demo tape.

"The Core of Sweden 1981-1996" tape.

"Drommusik Fran Helvetet" tape.

Electro Hippies - "Live Bradford/London 1988" tape.

Rupture - "Filthy Habit" 7".

I have just ordered

trencher / cutting pink with knives 7''

fighting shit - tuned for thrash 7''

hardcore vs. hunting 7''

jinn / army of flying robots 7''

a fine boat that coffin - the second nail 12''

snowblood - being and becoming 2x12''

Just recieved this lot. The trencher/Cutting pink with knives is actually a 5'', looks pretty cool :)

Listening to Jinn right now, it ace.

Guest bluesxman
You seem to be on some kind of discovery of REM's back catalogue at the moment.

Yeah, they are a band I've always liked loads of songs by without actually owning much of their stuff, the only CD's I had by them were New Adventures In Hi-fi (listened to this again recently, fantastic album, totally under-rated) and Murmur, think I used to have some others on cassette in years past. I spotted that you can pick up their old albums for an average of about 3 quid on Amazon, hence the recent flurry. You can also get their most recent stuff for as little as 50p, but I'm nae too interested in that personally. My good lady owns Monster already on CD so that saves me buying that, it's another favourite of theirs for me.

New Adventures is REM's best record I think, it might be a bit long but it has some amazing songs on it. The last two records have been pish though.

agree bout the last two albums though 'aftermath' is one of me fave REM songs. 'Green' always does it for me takes me back to that heady summer of 1989!

Alternative - 2nd BBP tape. (superb anarcho punk from Dunfermline, daresay Nestor Makhno could tell you a lot about them)

The Scottish Crass. Was lucky enough to catch them in '86 at the Nagasaki Day fest in Fife with Oi Polloi, Sleeping Dogs, Shattered Family, and Dead Loss Angels. Just great. If folks wanna check 'em out, then they can do so here: www.myspace.com/alternativemanure with a full history here: blog.myspace.com/creamcropzinelabel

Yeah, they are a band I've always liked loads of songs by without actually owning much of their stuff, the only CD's I had by them were New Adventures In Hi-fi (listened to this again recently, fantastic album, totally under-rated) and Murmur, think I used to have some others on cassette in years past. I spotted that you can pick up their old albums for an average of about 3 quid on Amazon, hence the recent flurry. You can also get their most recent stuff for as little as 50p, but I'm nae too interested in that personally. My good lady owns Monster already on CD so that saves me buying that, it's another favourite of theirs for me.

I'm in the exactly the same position except so far I've only bought Murmur, although i have a copy of Life's Rich Pageant, which is ace.

Guest bluesxman
I'm in the exactly the same position except so far I've only bought Murmur, although i have a copy of Life's Rich Pageant, which is ace.

Now that I own all the IRS albums (Murmur; Reckoning; Fables Of The Reconstruction; Life's Rich Paegant; Document + odds and sods compilation Dead Letter Office) I have to say that I find it difficult to pick any one that is better than the others, they are all pretty damn good.

FYI, I saw Reckoning for a fiver in FOPP yesterday, and New Adventures In Hi-fi is much cheapness in One Up 2nd hand section.

Now that I own all the IRS albums (Murmur; Reckoning; Fables Of The Reconstruction; Life's Rich Paegant; Document + odds and sods compilation Dead Letter Office) I have to say that I find it difficult to pick any one that is better than the others, they are all pretty damn good.

FYI, I saw Reckoning for a fiver in FOPP yesterday, and New Adventures In Hi-fi is much cheapness in One Up 2nd hand section.

Cheers, i saw Reckoning, but I've bought far too many cds recently, although I'll probably get it in the near future.

Guest bluesxman
One for the completists there. I'd say that it rewards with repeat listens, but I'd be lying.

It was only a fiver in FOPP, and I actually quite liked it on first listen, some of it's not great but then I tend to think that of most Sonic Youth albums....

One for the completists there. I'd say that it rewards with repeat listens, but I'd be lying.

I disagree.

I had it on tape for about 6 months before they released it (to avoid drawing sales from daydream nation I think).

I loved it. I had that on one side and D/DN on the other. I used to f/f to get back to the Whitey.

I'd give it an 8 to D/DN's 6 (but then I rate Sister and EVOL as 10's).