aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Jake Wifebeater

Filthy Turd 3" CD.

Genital Masticator - "Ultimate Collection" 2xCD. (Spain's answer to early Anal Cunt, a whopping 808 songs)

The Day Man Lost CDr. (Got it already, soon to be Scorge's)

Well Last wednesday before i went offshore i purchased,

Ice Cube - Predator

David Holmes - Lets Get Killed

Lost In Translation - Original Soundtrack

Nuyourican Soul - Nuyourican Soul (In my opinion the best dance/Chill album ever)

Electrified - Best of Electro House

Levellers - Levelling the Land

Archie Bronson Outfit - Fur

Allhelluja - Pain is The Game (I recommend this band to anyone who like Heavy Rock/ Metal. Also try there album Inferno Museum. The front cover also has a rather nice ladies bum on it)!! :up:

Oh and i pre ordered The new Cooper Temple Clause one.

And for her, and i mean for her, The New Take That Album!! :down:

Guest Phantomsmasher
Filthy Turd 3" CD.

Excellent choice there, you should check out the Turgid Animal label (that is if you aren't already aware of them) for more of his stuff, and a shed load of other ace noise acts. The Torturinglove split is tremendous.

Anyway:

Deathspell Omega - Kenosae

Subtle: For Hero For Fool

The Rita/Bone Awl: split C-60

Prurient/Aksita - split

Several Ornette Coleman cd's

I thought i'd break the format of people just posting what they bought and elaborate on what I think of my CDs incase anyone is interested.

Finally having money to spend on stuff, I decided with some of the CDs I bought to indulge in some artists that I hadn't heard before/only heard one or two tracks.

Acoustic Ladyland - Skinny Grin (Quite a nice change to Last Chance Disco - heavier, more vocals, and a greater psych element in some tunes)

Aim - Flight 602 (Picked it up after hearing tracks on MySpace. Tremendous. Go see the 10-piece at the Lemon Tree)

Pendulum - Hold Your Colour (Only heard one track prior to buying, and I am glad I got it. No wonder it is one of the biggest-selling DnB albums of all time. Quite heavily influenced by the Prodigy's Experience era)

King Tubby - Father of Dub Boxset (Never heard him before, and picked up this 3xCD boxset for a mere fiver at Fopp. I was expecting just a mixed up cheap compilation that wasn't satisfying, but it was quite the opposite. All three discs are awesome. Essential if you are a fan of reggae/dub/dancehall/ska, and worth purchasing if not.

Other CDs that I have just ordered but are yet to arrive are:

Air - Moon Safari (I know it's a classic already. Heard it)

Wagon Christ (Luke Vibert) - Tally Ho! (Only heard two songs before and really liked them)

Photek - Form & Function (Never heard before! Got the CD for a fiver so it is worth giving it a whirl once it arrives)

Various - The Best Latin Jazz Album in the World Ever (I got this because I didn't have a clue where to begin with Latin Jazz, so this disc will hopefully give me some pointers as to what to look out for)

Courtney Pine - Modern Day Jazz Stories (Heard a few tracks off his latest album, but I couldn't find it on the site that I ordered the above CDs, so I decided to get the one that was nominated for the Mercury Music Prize a few years ago)

Once I have went through those, I am thinking of buying some Prefuse 73, some more Stanley Clarke, Amon Tobin and perhaps indulge in one or two more Ninja Tune artists.

Aim - Flight 602 (Picked it up after hearing tracks on MySpace. Tremendous. Go see the 10-piece at the Lemon Tree).

I take it you've got the first album, Cold Water Music? If not, it's 10 times better than Flight 602.

David Holmes - Lets Get Killed

Awesome album. If you don't like it at first, give it time. It's a grower.

I've just order The Rolling Stones - Let It Bleed. Primarily for the introduction to Gimme Shelter. I may also order Aftermath (the US version) for Paint It Black.

I take it you've got the first album, Cold Water Music? If not, it's 10 times better than Flight 602.

Nah I haven't. I have been looking around for it in shops but could not find it for a reasonable price (less than 12).

I will probably be getting it online, and if it is 10 times better than Flight 602, then an unbelievable amount of brilliance awaits.

Fucked Up - Hidden World (AMAZING punk rock. Weirdly sounds like nothing new, but completely different to anything else out there - check 'em out)

Ginger - Yoni (Not sounding so good, but I said that of "Valor..." and I love that now...)

SSS - Short Sharp Shock (Scouse Thrash Attack - see "Bands to look out for")

The Shins - Chutes Too Narrow (Pish.)

Guest bluesxman

Dirty Three ~ Live! at Meredith

Warren Ellis ~ 3 Pieces For Violin

Tren Brothers ~ The Swimmer

Amy Winehouse ~ Back To Black

Henryk Gorecki - Symphony No.3

Grandaddy ~ Excerpts From The Diary Of Todzilla/Just Like The Fambly Cat

I was at my folks at the weekend, and I had a wee rake through their hidden away vinyl collection. I made good my escape with a cheesy grin and the following:

Ry Cooder - Ry Cooder

Ry Cooder - Paradice and Lunch

Ry Cooder - Jazz

Ry Cooder - Bop till you Drop

The Mamas and the Papas - Best of

Lyle Lovett - Pontiac

Rober Cray - Who's Been Talkin'

Bert Jansch and John Renbourn - Bert and John

Patrick Sky - One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Stephan Grappelli & David Grisman - Live

I'd go into detail, but these are all just fantastic records. I left Apocalypse by the Mahavishnu Orchestra back there by accident though :(

Nah I haven't. I have been looking around for it in shops but could not find it for a reasonable price (less than 12).

I will probably be getting it online, and if it is 10 times better than Flight 602, then an unbelievable amount of brilliance awaits.

It's available on a 320kbps download for 6.99 on BLEEP - High Quality Music Downloads from Bleep.com. Cold Water Music, Sail and Demonique (which was the track on the Toyota Rav4 advert a while back, but stripped of the film samples and therefore not nearly as good) are the best of the bunch, but it's all ace. In fact, I think it's thirteen times better than Flight 602.

Ah Levelling The Land. Well chosen. Ya gonna catch 'em when they make it through here May?

I think i may be offshore but if i aint ill be there!! Never seen em before but liked em for years. Updating my Tape collection, with most of them purchases!!

ILL BE HOME TOMORROW YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS. (Its also payday for me)!!

Which means :

My CD collection is gonna have grown quite a bit by tomorrow night!!!