aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest bluesxman
Have you come across KUKL - the band which preceded The Sugarcubes, and who released two full lengths (The Eye and Holidays In Europe) through Crass Records? If not, then do check out their Wikipedia entry here: KUKL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Am sure you'd find it interesting.

Yeah, I have The Eye, keep meaning to pick up Holidays In Europe as well, cheers.

FINALLY got the new Jesu - fucking great it is too, dunno what all the fuss was about. A logical follow up to Silver. Maybe not as "crushing" as old-school Godfleshers may want (me included), but as the review on the box says, it still sounds like the last music to go through your head before taking a header off a skyscraper.

Also got The Legacy's "Solitude" - not had a chance againt Jesu though!

Guest Donald
Brutal Truth - Extreme Conditions Demand Extreme Responses

Converge - No Heroes (really like the sound of this; I know they have a few albums that preceded it, anyone got any suggestions for what I should go for next?)

I've only heard a couple of the new Converge tracks and they sounded okay but not that exciting. As for old stuff..

Petitioning The Empty Sky

When Forever Comes Crashing

Jane Doe

....are all great

Guest bluesxman

Grinderman ~ Grinderman

Arcade Fire ~ Neon Bible

Janes Addiction ~ Up From The Catacombs:The Best Of...

Gang Of Four ~ A Brief History Of The 20th Century

John Lee Hooker ~ Original Folk Blues

Tokyo Police Club ~ A Lesson In Crime

Mahavishnu Orchestra ~ The Inner Mounting Flame/Birds Of Fire

Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark ~ Organisation

I just got all this lot

Army Of Flying Robots Kamikazee split 7inch 3

Armed Response Unit 7inch 3

Brainoil LP 7

Dead Inside 10inch 5

Swarrrm Dimlaia split 10inch 6

Sick Terror Fuck Hate Propaganda split 7inch 3

Kriegstanz I Shot Cyrus split 7inch 3

Ebola Jinn split LP 8

Merkit 7inch 3

Last Minute Mortal Combat split 7inch 3

Nervous Breakdown 7inch 3

Take A Worm For A Walk Week CD 5

Plus I got

The Endless Blockade lp

and a Sermon 7"

for free! Ace. I havn' had much of a chance to listen to them yet but the Brainoil lp is really good.

would love to see Los Crudos again:punk:

You made that show? Cool. Yeah, had the opportunity to go see 'em again on that very same tour a lil later in London, but didn't make it. While I wasn't that big on their music, they were an awesome band nevertheless, taking the time to talk at length between songs, something which I think is just so cool. It's sad really that more folks don't.

Mother fucker, I love that record but haven't got it.

I have the Army of Flying Robots/Jinn split 10" as well. I think you should listen to it and attempt to read the lyrics sheet. Its hard-work.

I have that one too. Its ace, though the Army of flying robots stuff is better than Jinn. Listening to Fuck Hate Propaganda / Sick terror split just now. The FHP is good. I aint got anything else by them.

The Take a worm CD is blisteringly good too

You made that show? Cool. Yeah, had the opportunity to go see 'em again on that very same tour a lil later in London, but didn't make it. While I wasn't that big on their music, they were an awesome band nevertheless, taking the time to talk at length between songs, something which I think is just so cool. It's sad really that more folks don't.

Sure did...made most of the Cellar 35 gigs. Sadly miss Cress tho' they were an amazing live band.

Sure did...made most of the Cellar 35 gigs. Sadly miss Cress tho' they were an amazing live band.

Cool. Did you catch the Active Minds show with Bloodshot and Aktifist?

Regarding Cress, I didn't catch 'em there, but did at The East Neuk in '98. Played on the same bill. Caught 'em in Edinburgh too (with Quarantine and Doom) '97, and in Glasgow with Dropdead and John Holmes in '98.

Cool. Did you catch the Active Minds show with Bloodshot and Aktifist?

Regarding Cress, I didn't catch 'em there, but did at The East Neuk in '98. Played on the same bill. Caught 'em in Edinburgh too (with Quarantine and Doom) '97, and in Glasgow with Dropdead and John Holmes in '98.

Sure did...