aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Guest Gladstone
I got the new Britney Spears album, which to my surprise is actually very very very good. The production is really dancey and it's just club banger after club banger after club banger. I reckon 12 out of the 16 tracks are top notch. though it does have one spectacularly unbalanced moment where Britney does a song called "Leather And Lace" which, like 90% of the album is blatantly about dirty fucking, then goes into a syrupy ballad called "My Baby" about how much she loves her son, then straight into "Radar" which is about dirty fucking. Can't wait till the kid is old enough to listen to "his song" only to find it sandwiched between two songs about what a dirty slut his mum is.

Sample lyrics:

Track 11 - Leather And Lace

Track 12 - My Baby

Track 13 - Radar

MOMMY, WHAT'S THIS SONG ABOUT?

He was conceived during Track 11.

I discovered last night that I only have the Lycanthropy tracks from that, but holy Jeeeesus in hell they are blistering.

What makes it even better is the singer would defininetly get duntin'!

I don't care if sexism has no place in Grind.

I'd fuck her faster than their 7".

Ho ho ho , like that? :)

Mind you if i had my wicked way .... Sorry I've went too far.

..... Would be what I would say to her after I sprayed a couple of lumps into her ankles.

STOP!!!

Pelican ~ What We All Come to Need

The Feelies ~ Crazy Rhythms

Bill Callahan ~ Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle

Creature With The Atom Brain ~ I Am the Golden Gate Bridge

Megadeth ~ Rust in Peace

2 Many DJ's ~ As Heard on Radio Soulwax pt.2

The Breeders ~ Mountain Battles

Yo La Tengo ~ And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-out

New Pelican any good?

Relentless "Realm Of Chaos"-era Bolt Thrower worship. The artwork, guitar sound, band logo all down to a tee and the song is a complete rip-off of "World Eater" called 'Bolt Slaughter". "Grind Workshop" FTW...

:up:

Ha! That's great. I love any band that rips of Bolt Thrower. See Regurgitate - Worm Eater.

"Grind Workshop" - damn that's too good!

Im appauled that a man of your "integrity" would utter such crap like ftw!!

Grind points revoked.

I got the new Pelican record, but my bike ride to work only got me half way through track 2, I might get to sneak in a track or two on the ride home.

Also got Baroness - Blue, which is fucking ace. It sounds like if Andrew WK was the singer of The Fucking Champs, if The Fucking Champs played through amps the size of the moon. The guitarmonies make me wee myself.

I got the new Pelican record, but my bike ride to work only got me half way through track 2, I might get to sneak in a track or two on the ride home.

Also got Baroness - Blue, which is fucking ace. It sounds like if Andrew WK was the singer of The Fucking Champs, if The Fucking Champs played through amps the size of the moon. The guitarmonies make me wee myself.

Didn't realise Baroness had a new album out, must get, The Red Album was great....