aberdeen-music

What Cd's have you been buying recently?

Paranoid Android

Finally got round to getting the Desalvo album, Mood Poisoner. Heard a lot of it already, yet to get a start to finish in, but reletively sure I won't be dissappointed.

Also got Old Wounds by Young Widows. Only got 6 songs in so far, but it's a lot more mellow than I thopught. I kinda thought it'd all be like 'Old Skin'. Have to have another listen in today.

Noah and the Whale-The First Days Of Spring. Unless something creeps up on the near side, that'll be my album of the year.

It's absolutely stunning isn't it?

I liked the first album, had some really good moments but this one is on a different level. The bit where the orchestra kicks in on the last minute of the opening track is almost certainly the most spine-tingling bit of music released this year.

Really felt for them having all their gear/equipment stolen the other week :down:

It's absolutely stunning isn't it?

I liked the first album, had some really good moments but this one is on a different level. The bit where the orchestra kicks in on the last minute of the opening track is almost certainly the most spine-tingling bit of music released this year.

Really felt for them having all their gear/equipment stolen the other week :down:

Oooh, sounds like it should be worth investigating...

Last Harbour - Dead fires and the lonely spark (worth a listen if you like My Latest Novel or The Bookhouse Boys)

The Twilight Sad - Forget the night ahead (so far so good, on the first listen!)

Daniel Johnston - Is and always was (alright, needs another listen or two I think)

Ulrich Schnauss - A strangely isolated place (awesome)

Venetian Snares - Filth (nae too sure about the song titles, but solidly crazy)