aberdeen-music
Sign in to follow this  
Sam 45

Current Local Bands

It's been a while since i've been to a local gig and was wandering who is worth going to see at the moment?..............Any suggestions

the usauls are great and despite ive never been to a dedalus show and ive promised myself i will but check out dedalus and a band called the fusion,

id say check out altitude-0 but thats just vain

Guest stuartmaxwell

project ven hell

small enclosed area

stacatto set

deadloss superstar

sidca

masamune

politik

filthpact

eric euan

Go see Identity..they're immense for a band that doesn't have an established reputation here - what can I say, I left the others at the front door last night so I could go and watch them for a few songs :D

In reality though, the next big thing from Aberdeen, Jo McCafferty has probably the best chance out of anyone here - she's done what a lot of people talk about and got out of Aberdeen and started gaining decent support slots, so if anyone's going to make it this year, it'll be her.

I left the others at the front door last night so I could go and watch them for a few songs :D

Thank fuck. :p

In reality though' date=' the next big thing from Aberdeen, Jo McCafferty has probably the best chance out of anyone here - she's done what a lot of people talk about and got out of Aberdeen and started gaining decent support slots, so if anyone's going to make it this year, it'll be her.[/quote']

Best bet is to go to random nights whenever you have spare time and check out who ever is playin at that particular time regardless of whether people's mentioned them on here or not and make up your own mind whether you like them or not. :cheers:

Guest stuartmaxwell
What are Reasons Are Red like?

a lot of different things

funky, groovy, discordant, experimental, heavy, melodic etc

good fun

:cheers:

There are plenty of decent bands in the area... I would agree that it would not be a bad idea to just start going to a few gigs, you will be pleasantly surprised.

There is something for everyone... nearly... It just depends on the sort of music you want to listen to!

Best bet is to go to random nights whenever you have spare time and check out who ever is playin at that particular time regardless of whether people's mentioned them on here or not and make up your own mind whether you like them or not. :cheers:

well said that man

Local bands

apologies for shameless self promotion but it is related to this thread ...

This Friday at Lemon Tree(18th) has an all local bands line up!

The Little Kicks

AKA the Fox

Dedalus

Headseen

From 9pm

5 a ticket or 3.50 (Students etc)

Furthermore, I understand its one of the last gigs for AKA the Fox before they go to Glasgow while its also Headseen's last EVER gig!

We have also booked out Pivo till 3am after for a booze up, I think its Giles Walkers nite so should be good!

Hope to see you there

www.thelittlekicks.co.uk

Norman's Fetish - only seen them once at their secondever gig supporting Solabeat Alliance (yeah!!) and they rocked it right. Had the whole place skanking away.

forgot to say - contra..saw them once - very nice.