aberdeen-music

singers that cant sing *idlewild*

Guest stuartmaxwell

Guest stuartmaxwell

inspired by the RL thread.

what bands do you like that have a duff singer?

idlewild-woomble is an awful singer, always has been. i have pre-captain demos on tape and he is even worse back then. but that was always part of the idlewild charm, ragged nutter etc

new stuff is ok, but not a patch on the older stuff (although the song "in remote part" may be the best thing they have ever done)

forgot to follow is the greatest ever idlewild song, bob weston produced it, legend!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ever heard the song "We're not gonna make it" off of the first POTUSA album?

Not that he's an awful singer, but the lyrics are relevant.

Woomble's singing is actually alright now I reckon, but sucked balls and licked bumhole in their early years. In fact, I'm very suprised they ever got signed after hearing Queen of the Troubled Teens - it's trash.

But hey, once you go below the Tay, the shitier your music - the more "charm" you have.

Guest stuartmaxwell

they got signed becaue their live shows were fucking ace back then

they couldnt play a note, jumped on the bigg fuzz and it was fine

they used to be the best live band in the country.

he is ok now but he is still duff live

i think lyrics are def a contribution to it,

look at dedalus, the guy has a decent voice but the lyrics are pretty poor and he seems to "fall doiwn" a lot,

when are sluts on junk playing again?

i do believe we have a date together.....29th jan...........westhill......

Aye us, you guys and gone 2 far. Did you hear that Ian (drummer) left gone 2 far? The fucking Ashdale Hall. Move over Barrowlands :band: . Its gonna be well weird. The place is ginormous and so is the stage. It raised like 6 feet. See you there. :up:

Aye us' date=' you guys and gone 2 far. Did you hear that Ian (drummer) left gone 2 far? The fucking Ashdale Hall. Move over Barrowlands :band: . Its gonna be well weird. The place is ginormous and so is the stage. It raised like 6 feet. See you there. :up:[/quote']

we are going to punt that gig to fuck snd see if we can fill it. haha should be fun. Why did the drummer leave g2f??

There are several bands in Aberdeen who have really dodgy vocalists but Im not going to say who they are because its not even constructive criticism.

On an International front, Liam Gallagher is just a sneering shit face and the Coldplay guy is simply uninspiring when duetting with Thom Yorkes superior vocals.

I think he left cos he felt that tom(singer) was trying to rule the band too much, but i could be wrong. I don't really want to say too much cause i know how annoying it is when people get it wrong. We've lost two members in our 8 months of existance, one of them being tom who used to sing for us. Thats their second drummer in a couple of months. Their old one was our guitarist. We exchange members all the time cause we started as a gone 2 far side project! :up:

I think he left cos he felt that tom(singer) was trying to rule the band too much' date=' but i could be wrong. I don't really want to say too much cause i know how annoying it is when people get it wrong. We've lost two members in our 8 months of existance, one of them being tom who used to sing for us. Thats their second drummer in a couple of months. Their old one was our guitarist. We exchange members all the time cause we started as a gone 2 far side project! :up:[/quote']

Haha ok then that explains a lot. Yeah i know what you mean with people getting shit wrong we've had to deal with it for ages now cause of the whole point thing.

we are going to punt that gig to fuck snd see if we can fill it. haha should be fun. Why did the drummer leave g2f??

Is there actually gonna be tickets? Youll have a hard time gettin people to shift their arses out to Westhill. Although, for the record, its gonna be cheap, and there will be Westhill mammys boys aplenty to beat up... :up:

Dido is a fucking awful' date=' bland singer who can't even compare to the likes of Beth Gibbons, who I think she wishes she was.[/quote']

Ah well now whilkst I like you Mr Gridlock and agree with much of what you say, I have to say I love Dido, I am a big fan, really enjoy her stuff, I would agree much of her stuff is derivitive but i think some of the lyrics are superb and the stuff is nice and relaxing,

Cheers

Stuart