aberdeen-music

50 Best Scottish Bands of all Time

Rob

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of that list, I managed to pull out 3 that I actually consider to be any good and one that I didn't mind.

Great...

Primal Scream

Boards of Canada

Good...

Idlewild

Passable...

The Beta Band

Always found it weird that Scotland doesn't really produce that many great bands, and the calibre of some of the ones in that list says everything.

DAMN RIGHT !

are you going to see the rezillos on the 17th december at the lemon tree alan ?

one of my best friends calum is the nephew of the drummer. :up:

Yes!! I will be there. I want to see if Faye Fife can still kick someone's head during "Someone's gonna get their head kicked in tonight" (F.Mac cover).

I actually DID used to love my baby cos she did good sculptures!!!!!!!! (Nowadays I'm too aged and fragile to love anyone unless they make good zimmer frames).

Guest Ancient Mariner

The Waterboys had Irish members, but Mike Scott IS the Waterboys, and he's Scottish. Plus their last album was recorded in Findhorn. Anyone going to see them next month at the 'Tree?

Guest stuartmaxwell

i didnt realise boards of canada were scottish i always thought it was a mis-print wherever i seen it

why couldnt lapsus be a band of all time??

if franz ferdinand can be on that list and accepted why cant lapsus, macrocosmica and the like, they have been going far longer, just dont have the same commercial appeal, plus lapsus were signed on fierce panda