aberdeen-music

Favourite drummers

NARC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REally? So the band has no drummer' date=' didnt know[/quote']

no, they have one. but they don't give out their name sin their bios or anything, so hes just known as "the drummer".

mine:

Brann Dailor(Mastodon/Ex Today is the Day)

drummer form The Locust(Dave Witte??)

Brian Harvey(Pig Destroyer)

Erik Segonya(Dying Fetus)

Roger Taylor(Queen)

Proscriptor McGovern(Absu/Melechesh)

Tony Royster Jr.

Frost(Satyricon/1349/Gorgoroth)

drummer of Quattro Staginoi

drummer of Circle Takes the Square

Simon(Narcosis)

and whoever said the drummer of Agoraphobic Nosebleed.....i hope you're having a laugh.

no' date=' they have one. but they don't give out their name sin their bios or anything, so hes just known as "the drummer".

and whoever said the drummer of Agoraphobic Nosebleed.....i hope you're having a laugh.[/quote']

T think he was referring to the agoraphobic nosebleed drummer for it was he that namechecked him... "and our amazing drummer alesis sr16!!!"

The berzerker drummer is incredible isn't he!? So much midi triggering going on though in the video of "forever". Snare trigger was by clavia (the same people that make the Nord Lead series of Synths) from what i could see...Some pointless side info for you there.

Didn't the drummer of the berzerker go in the guiness book of records for being the fastest drummer on the planet at some point? Or was i imagining that?

T think he was referring to the agoraphobic nosebleed drummer for it was he that namechecked him... "and our amazing drummer alesis sr16!!!"

The berzerker drummer is incredible isn't he!? So much midi triggering going on though in the video of "forever". Snare trigger was by clavia (the same people that make the Nord Lead series of Synths) from what i could see...Some pointless side info for you there.

Didn't the drummer of the berzerker go in the guiness book of records for being the fastest drummer on the planet at some point? Or was i imagining that?

Agoraphobic Nosebleed dont have a drummer on any of their albums, its all a drum-machine, programmed by Scott Hull, the guitarist, also of Pig Destroyer.

And the song "forever" didn't have a real drummer. The first album was recorded with a drum machine as far as I know.

The newer album "dissimulate" was the drummer. and He's not set the official record yet, but unofficially he is the fastest on the snare in the world, with 19.1 hits a second.

Watch the DVD Trailor on their web-site. It has a bit in it where the camera focuses on his snare hand during a blast. It doiesn't even move, the stick just goes up and down like fucking crazy! Fuck knows how he does it.

Other than that hes not all that great though, its just speed.

Edit: this was thurisaz, not Bazz.

Agoraphobic Nosebleed dont have a drummer on any of their albums' date=' its all a drum-machine, programmed by Scott Hull, the guitarist, also of Pig Destroyer.

And the song "forever" didn't have a real drummer. The first album was recorded with a drum machine as far as I know.

The newer album "dissimulate" was the drummer. and He's not set the official record yet, but unofficially he is the fastest on the snare in the world, with 19.1 hits a second.

Watch the DVD Trailor on their web-site. It has a bit in it where the camera focuses on his snare hand during a blast. It doiesn't even move, the stick just goes up and down like fucking crazy! Fuck knows how he does it.

Other than that hes not all that great though, its just speed.

Edit: this was thurisaz, not Bazz.[/quote']

Maybe it was (recorded with a drum machine) but i've seen the video of forever and it's got a drummer for sure. absolutely crazy.

i think he manages to get that fast by wanking a lot...or maybe it was practice?!

Maybe it was (recorded with a drum machine) but i've seen the video of forever and it's got a drummer for sure. absolutely crazy.

i think he manages to get that fast by wanking a lot...or maybe it was practice?!

yeah, but I think the drummer in the forevervideo is different. cos he plays the hi-hat jazz style. trust me, watch the DVDtrailor. its unbelieveable. and you cant wank like he plays the snare, cos his hand doesn't move. you'd be doing nothing but tickling your willy.

yeah' date=' but I think the drummer in the forevervideo is different. cos he plays the hi-hat jazz style. trust me, watch the DVDtrailor. its unbelieveable. and you cant wank like he plays the snare, cos his hand doesn't move. you'd be doing nothing but tickling your willy.[/quote']

cool! i'm planning on buying the dvd anyway so this'll be worth a look anyway!

seen this bunch of japanese drummers 4 women and a male "teacher" the speed they're playing is immense as well - aspecially as they's playing with their arms coming from above their head all the way down and back!

yeah john did say ringo wasnt even the best drummer in the beatles.

"is ringo the best drummer in the world?"

"no' date=' hes not even the best drummer in the beatlers"

but the topic says "favorite" drummer not "best" drummer[/quote']

What a load of bollocks it was actually a joke if anthing and I can't think of any songs he played anything but the perfect fit. I think that's the most part of any musicians contribution to a song. I found this interesting wee discussion http://homerecording.com/bbs/archive/index.php/t-11369.html

Anyway other than that I like:

Jerry Gaskill - Kings X

Abe Laboriel Jr - Macca / Sting etc

John Bonham

Tim "Herb" Alexander Fish - Fishbone

Ringo