aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Comings and Goings

The same free pizza that decimated your ring piece? Not jealous at all.

TBH if I was getting a regular supply of free pizza and knew that say 1 in every 100 would give me violent diarrhoea and sickness I'd probably still take the pizzas. You wouldn't understand, cheese-hater.

Edited by Lemonade
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Aldi are opening a store in Cornhill in April 2016.

McDonald's on Union Street will be refurbished with self scan terminals in Quarter 1/2 of 2016.

Inverurie Tesco Extra will no longer be 24 hours from March and will open daily 6am - 12am.

Halfords will be opening an Autocentre next to Morrisons.

The area around Makro will be redeveloped this year with Makro being split into 3 units with IKEA Click and Collect and a Supermarket in these units as-well as a smaller Makro. 

Starbucks will be opening a drive thru location in Makro car park.

McDonald's should open at Kittybrewster Retail Park this year.

Spar on George Street has closed down.

The Marishall Square development will open in Summer 2017 and will have a Mariott hotel and may also include All Bar One and Burger and Lobster.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Improved Thinker said:

Aldi are opening a store in Cornhill in April 2016.

McDonald's on Union Street will be refurbished with self scan terminals in Quarter 1/2 of 2016.

Inverurie Tesco Extra will no longer be 24 hours from March and will open daily 6am - 12am.

Halfords will be opening an Autocentre next to Morrisons.

The area around Makro will be redeveloped this year with Makro being split into 3 units with IKEA Click and Collect and a Supermarket in these units as-well as a smaller Makro. 

Starbucks will be opening a drive thru location in Makro car park.

McDonald's should open at Kittybrewster Retail Park this year.

Spar on George Street has closed down.

The Marishall Square development will open in Summer 2017 and will have a Mariott hotel and may also include All Bar One and Burger and Lobster.

Everything on this list is terrible. RECLAIM THE CITY.

Oh I forgot to add probably the most important item. In Spring 2016 the third don crossing will be opened linking Tillydrone and Danestone by road. 

Works continue on the £175 million rail improvements on the Aberdeen to Inverness railway line. This includes the re-doubling of the line between Aberdeen and Inverurie, new stations at Kintore and Dalcross (for Inverness Airport) etc. Last year was the planning but this year will start the building work.

Pure Gym will be opening at Kittybrewster Retail Park.

Magnet will be opening where Cash Converters used to be on George Street.

An application has been put in to allow alcohol to be consumed in screens at Cineworld at the beach. This will bring it inline with all the other cinemas in Aberdeen but health officials have objected.

Upgrades are going to happen across the city to make bus stop adverts digital so that they can be updated through the internet.

9 hours ago, Improved Thinker said:

Oh I forgot to add probably the most important item. In Spring 2016 the third don crossing will be opened linking Tillydrone and Danestone by road.

Yeah, then they're going to make Bedford Road (one of the roads which will help feed this wonderful new crossing) bus only by installing a bus gate between Meston Walk and Hermitage Avenue.  Real smart move, ACC.

Any ideas on what's happened to II Music? Shop is empty and there's no word on the website or Facebook page apart from a few people asking the same question....

If they're completely gone I'll be gutted!  They are/were such a great shop with amazing staff and seemed to be ticking over OK in their new, smaller premises. 

25 minutes ago, Mac Atom said:

Any ideas on what's happened to II Music? Shop is empty and there's no word on the website or Facebook page apart from a few people asking the same question....

If they're completely gone I'll be gutted!  They are/were such a great shop with amazing staff and seemed to be ticking over OK in their new, smaller premises. 

They've moved to Crown Street under a new name, which I can't remember or seem to google search.  Opens fairly soon, I think.