aberdeen-music

Aberdeen Comings and Goings

48 minutes ago, Lemonade said:

I bought a smart brown shirt and tie set in Matalan in 2006 and I still wear it to work now. It's literally the only thing I've ever bought from Matalan but if all their clothes last ten years I'd probably consider a membership.

This isn't true, I bought a suit at the same time. Browny black with pinstripes. The suit lasted pretty well also. I think I might even still have the jacket.

The Spertacus Group are thinking about selling Nox, Paramount and The Illicit Still. This is so they can concentrate on their Boozy Cow brand. They will be opening 3 new Boozy Cow's each year. The success so far has prompted them to sell up their bars.

They also own The Amicus Apple but they are closing that and moving Boozy Cow into there.

On 09 March 2016 at 1:31 AM, Improved Thinker said:

Very coincidental that you mention Boozy Cow. I was going to post this earlier but the website was down.

Amicus Apple is closing down and The Boozy Cow will move in there.

Don't say I'm not good to you.

Good news about Boozy Cow. The only thing letting that place down is its current premises.

They could do with some plates too.

First Bus changes from Sunday 17th April 2016:

Service 3/3G (Mastrick - Cove)- Timetable change, due to the closure of the Charleston Road turning circle Charleston will no longer be served by Service 3. Charleston Road will be served off peak by extended service 18's. Frequency does not change staying at 10 Minutes most of the time. 

Service 5 (Northfield - Balnagask) - Service will extended to start at Northfield rather than Bridge Street. Service will go to city centre via Fosterhill Road, Cornhill Road, Westburn Road and Woolmanhill. This will apparently be the fastest link to town from Northfield. This will be the first time the southern part of Westburn Drive will be served by buses for around 13 years. Service will regain an evening service but only Northfield to town. Frequency stays the same at 30 Minutes.

Service 11 (Northfield - Woodend/Kingswells) - Timetable change. Frequency in the evening goes down to hourly for the full route.

Service 13 (Seaton - Scatterburn) - Timetable change. Service splits in two in the evening to Seaton to Queens Cross and Scatterburn to Broad Street. Service goes to hourly in the evening across the whole route. Last bus from Seaton at night changes to twenty past 10.

Service 15 (Airyhall - Beach Retail Park) - Timetable change. Terminus changes from Cragiebuckler to Airyhall. Frequency does not change staying at 30 Minutes.

Service 17/17A/17B/18/18A (Dyce/Newhills - Faulds Gate/Redmoss/Charleston) - Timetable change. Service 18 is extended hourly Monday to Friday at off peak times to extend to Cove and Charleston. This will reinstate a link from Kincorth to Cove. This extension is for a trial period and will be monitored. Frequency does not change staying at 15 Minutes most of the time.

Service 20 (Hillhead of Seaton - Union Terrace) - Timetable change. Due to feedback service will go back to previous route of via Schoolhill and Union Terrace. Service goes back to 20 Minutes.

Service 23 (Heathryfold - Sheddocksley) - Timetable change. Frequency does change staying at 10 Minutes.

Service 25 (Hillhead of Seaton - Ferryhill) - Timetable change.

Service X40 (Dubford - ARI/Kingswells) - Route will be revised to not serve the ARI bus port during the day. Route will changed in Kingswells below:

To Kingswells

Kingswells P&R
Kingswood Dr
Kingswells Dr
Kingswood Dr
Kingswells Ave
Kingswells Crescent

From Kingswells 

Kingswells Crescent
C89C Chapel of Stoneywood-Fairley Road
Kingswood Dr
Kingswells Crescent
Kingswells Ave
Kingswood Dr
Kingswells P&R

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Improved Thinker said:

Downstairs music venue has been forced to close after being hit with a £70,000 fine for noise. Flats were built near this venue after the music venue opened yet complaints from these flats took prominence. With Cellar 35 being affected too Aberdeen's music scene is hanging in the balance. We all need to support the Agent of Change Principle across Scotland. Without full Scottish support this change cannot be supported. 

I am not posting again I just felt this had to be said even if you already knew about the Agent for Change principle.

We also knew about Downstairs closing. When you say you aren't posting again. How did you post your post?

4 hours ago, Improved Thinker said:

Downstairs music venue has been forced to close after being hit with a £70,000 fine for noise. Flats were built near this venue after the music venue opened yet complaints from these flats took prominence. With Cellar 35 being affected too Aberdeen's music scene is hanging in the balance. We all need to support the Agent of Change Principle across Scotland. Without full Scottish support this change cannot be supported. 

I am not posting again I just felt this had to be said even if you already knew about the Agent for Change principle.

This isn't even close to accurate, it's actually impressively  incorrect given the amount of information out there.

You need to Improve, Thinker...

Edited by colb
  • Upvote 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

PC World at Mounthooly has moved and has merged into Curry's/PC World at Berryden. Coming full circle in that they have returned to the unit they vacated approx. 2004. A new Tesco will open in it's place.

The Aberdeen Christmas Village has returned to Union Terrace for a second year. This year has additions of a Christmas Tree Maze and Helter Skelter. This will stay open until Sunday 8th January 2017. This will be the final year it's going to be at Union Terrace as it's intended to move to the newly pedestrianized Broad Street next year.

Kiko Milano have opened in Union Square in House of Fraser.com's old unit. Barburrito have also opened in Union Square.

There are now Christmas lights on Market Street for the first time.

Not new news but a Trampoline Park will open in AC Yule's old building in Kincorth.

Edited by Improved Thinker
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...