• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Minds Weapon = Not Novelty?

Norman's Fetish = Not Novelty?

Lost = Not Novelty?

Dedalus = Kinda Novelty' date=' going by last year

Broken Sunshine = Not Novelty?

I would have put Halloween down as a kinda novelty gig, where a promoter would have booked some 'different' bands with crazy antics that could put on a memorable show (not just provide good music). Out of the five bands there i would have *thought* that four of them wouldn't have been bands i'd chose for such a themed and eventful night. I don't know what any of the bands have planned so i could be wrong, but it'd be nice to see a bit of variety in KEF as opposed to the same local bands over and over....[/quote']

you said it, you dont know whats planned, thats where the novelty and surprise come in

paul' date=' i'm not sure what you mean by novelty, do you mean that we're a novelty for kef? that we're a novelty band? that we'll play a novelty set? or something else?

please understand i'm really really not having a go, i just don't think you're post is very easy to understand and i don't really know what you're trying to say. maybe i should be having a go or maybe i should be agreeing with you or standing at the sidelines playing devils advocate, i just don't know! help![/quote']

not saying that any of the bands are ''novelty'' the word was used to describe what me and rico and jimmy may plan to do with the evening, thats it. Jeez, its only a word.

Guest WalkingOnGlass

The whole reason that we're playing this gig is for novelty...We have shitloads planned, more than any other band I've ever seen play Halloween has...What a totally naive viewpoint, even if it is only in your mind..I know that the Fetish have big things planned as well, and all of the things are very 'halloweeny', and as for having Atom, I respect them hugley as a band, but this year the Aubl guys told me that they wanted a bit of variety, and Atom have played Halloween the last 2-3 years...

Expect the unepected is what I say...By then, MMw will be heavier than ever anyways...

Wow' date=' this years line-ip is nowhere near as good as last years, Halloween should involve Black Atom in some way, im doubting if i will go now.[/quote']

That's such a silly comment it must be a piss take.

Why does Black Atom have to play on halloween? Just because they are metal it means they suit halloween? Halloween gigs doesnt just mean metal.

it's true

black atom have played all 3 of our halloween gigs...

and anyways

you have the mighty immortal wombat (featuring 5 members of black atom - and another 10 people from hot mangu, festr, ghost of bongo... and lot's more) to look forward to at xmas! (december 29th at dr. drakes) :up:

the point is...

it's halloween. so let's all get dressed up, watch some bands, drink lot's (optional) and have fun! that's what our halloween gigs are all about. fun and games, live bands, prizes!

hooray for prizes!

:band:

lot's of love

Rico

x

(not rass)

(rass says hi)

not saying that any of the bands are ''novelty'' the word was used to describe what me and rico and jimmy may plan to do with the evening' date=' thats it. Jeez, its only a word.[/quote']

um, wasn't talking to you paul. it was directed at paul fae onion terror. i just didn't understand what he was trying to say and needed it explained a bit clearer is all, like i said i wasn't having a go.

i'm in it for the FUN! like i said, should be a total blast!

um' date=' wasn't talking to you paul. it was directed at paul fae onion terror. i just didn't understand what he was trying to say and needed it explained a bit clearer is all, like i said i wasn't having a go.

i'm in it for the FUN! like i said, should be a total blast![/quote']

yeah, it will be a blast

That's such a silly comment it must be a piss take.

It wasn't meant to be a big controversial comment.

The only reaon I made the Atom comment was because they put on such a great show last year and they don't play gigs here nearly as much as all the bands on this years bill and to be honest (in my opinion) Dedalus excluded (they put on a great show last year), this years line-up isnt as good as last years but thats just my opinion.

All the bands on this years bill play here a lot so it isnt exactly a novelty to see them live, a few of the regular gigging bands would be ok, but the entire bill is made up of them (i dont know about Lost though, havent heard them). It's just good to go see some quality bands that you dont get to see much cos its a kinda celebration thing.

But then again, thats just my opinion and im not forcing it on others, I didnt say 'everyone shouldnt go to this' did I?

Hmm my outfit this year will probably never be anywhere as good as my one last year...i dressed up as Gandalf, but only because my dad had made the costume already for a halloween party the weekend before and it was pretty awesome...but kinda huge, heavy and difficult to keep it fastened...since it was made out of a throw for a double bed!

Dunno what i'll do this year.