aberdeen-music

Halloween At Kef

lava p.

On performance and strength of songs, Dedalus and MMW were so far ahead of the other bands that night it was scary. Didn't see Norman's Fetish though.

The two new Dedalus songs (the ring and navigator) were superb, and the cover was fantastic as well.

As a bizarre sidenote when we left Kef the busker outside the trinity centre was playing Psycho Killer.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On performance and strength of songs' date=' Dedalus and MMW were so far ahead of the other bands that night it was scary. Didn't see Norman's Fetish though.

The two new Dedalus songs (the ring and navigator) were superb, and the cover was fantastic as well.

As a bizarre sidenote when we left Kef the busker outside the trinity centre was playing Psycho Killer.[/quote']

I really enjoyed Dedalus (should have been 'Deadalus' though...)

not seen them properly before, and although it's not the sort of music I'd tend to enjoy watching at a gig - as night time driving music it would get the double thumbs up!

Had a really fun time... enjoyed the whole night.

Thanks to all in the pit for MMW, cos you all went fucking tits!

On performance and strength of songs' date=' Dedalus and MMW were so far ahead of the other bands that night it was scary. [/quote']

I agree with that. Although I was catching some banter during Dedalus, they sounded pretty good from where I was standing.

I only got the last couple of Lost songs. I hadn't seen them since their first couple of shows. Not really my thing.

Sunshine, again not my thing. Haven't seen much of them but they've improved since the last time. Making the original Thunderbirds sound good though, oh my.

Weapon were really really impressive, and the crowd were just mental. Great set and stage presence from everyone. 9/10

Norman's Fetish have played better but I still enjoyed the set. Sweet Transvestite was.. urm sweet!

Was quite a good night of music i think.

Lost, well, they played.

Broken Sunshine, well done guys that was a good set, far better than last time i seen yous and the thunderbirds one was fucking ace.

Dedalus, sorry didnt like you guys at all very boring in my book so i went back upstairs.

Weapon, fucking awesome guys. By far the best band on the night by a mile. Brilliant new song as well and the overall stage performace i thought was very professional.

Normans Fettish, First time id seen you guys and hey it was very very good. Some very catchy songs but i agree with camie i think you need another guitar maybe or something else to fill the sound out more.

Found Dedalus kinda boring but its not really my thing, so i should be ignored. Great at what they do though. I thought My Mind's Weapon were fucking great! Last saw you guys at the alldayer at Moshulu in August. Can't wait to see you again. Did anyone else think the Dedalus guitarist in the reaper cloak thing looked fuckin ace!?

:band:

shucks.

it's a shame the cloak(discreetly borrowed from somewhere) is now ripped right up the back courtesy of two neds outside sizzlers who tried to take my doomstick(they failed). there were a few good costumes in kef but the best ones were in moshulu afterwards, like the childcatcher and the 3(i think), papa lazarous. chris meeting another ninja was cool too. i think my gf shoulda been up for best costume as where's wally though, it was a cracker.

personally thought it was a great night, can't believe someone said we were better at stapleton though, that gig was terrible(for us, the other bands were great that night) for so many reasons and i thought sunday was brilliant. after seeing the video i think we played a blinder. the stand out band i thought were my minds weapon, a great performance from them.

interested to know why people say we were boring, can you guys elaborate? was it the performance or the songs? and don't worry i'm not on the defensive or going to give anyone aggro, it's just that we play these line ups so that we can introduce people who wouldn't come and see us to our songs and it's good to get feedback on it from the people that we don't see or speak to. even if it's bad. :)