aberdeen-music

What are you currently listening to?

wNb8nCd.jpg

Underrated. Its borderline nu-metal. Serious chugs.

The drums are pretty terrible on this record, since there's no Lombardo. Loads of the kicks are way out of time, and sound like they've been overdubbed. Regardless, still great.

Parental advisory.

I think we've went back-and-forth on this album before, but I completely agree. This album is absolutely smacking. GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHDDDD HATES US AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Disciple is beautiful.

• Upvote 1

This band have a terrible name, not terrible music.

Yay! I love their album. I'm so tempted to head down to Glasgow next month to see them play with Speedy Ortiz.

I'm listening to the new Mogwai album for a review I'm writing, but I think I would listen to it anyway because it's a bajillion zillion times better than their last three albums, and maybe better than Happy Music for Happy People. Mogwai are properly back, guys!

I think we've went back-and-forth on this album before, but I completely agree. This album is absolutely smacking. GAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHDDDD HATES US AAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! Disciple is beautiful.

Too right.

My favourite part of the album is how Slayer seem incapable of shredding solos unless the whole band is smashing it as fast as possible, so those half time chugs just keep breaking into double-time shreds out of nowhere.

Gnarly.

Yay! I love their album. I'm so tempted to head down to Glasgow next month to see them play with Speedy Ortiz.

I'm listening to the new Mogwai album for a review I'm writing, but I think I would listen to it anyway because it's a bajillion zillion times better than their last three albums, and maybe better than Happy Music for Happy People. Mogwai are properly back, guys!

So pumped for the new album. Jealous you get a sneak peek!

Been listening to 'Yesterday, Perhaps' , the Kitchen Cynics covers record heaps, its affa good.

Also 'Rave Tapes' by Mogwai, which is also affa good.

Ooh...thank you! :)

I've been listening to 2 Daniel Bachman LPs on Tompkins Square (for fans of Fahey, Basho etc), and been re-digging my Pearls Before Swine albums.