aberdeen-music

What are you currently listening to?

Never listened to the album, just certain songs, so I'll post this here instead of the other thread.

Childish Gambino - Bonfire/You See Me

My favourite two on the album. Mostly because of lines like "Made the beat and murdered it. Casey Anthony" and "I made the beat retarded so I'm calling it a slow jam." Or "I've got a bunch of jackin' apes in the back of me who will laserate anyone in the back of a matinee and masturbate all over their beaten body". 10/10 FFO: Kanye West's older songs, Eminem's older lyrics, Community, Annie's boobs.

Red Fang - Blood like Cream.

Like a bit of R.F me, the first record / e.p was a bit in and out as you'd expect to be from a band that had recorded something in a few different places over a fair period of time, but i always thought they had RIFFS and amazing guitar tone ( Fender and Sunn 0)) Beta Leads!! ooffft!!! ) and great vocal hooks, exciting to hear a band like that, less polsihed than Baroness ( and generally better ) and more listener friendly than the Melvins. ( but no where near as good ) = WIN!!

Murder the mountains was a strange debut album for me, as i expected to be fantastic, instead it has a few fantastic songs on it and a few .....meh ones. Still, great guitar tone and awesome vocals, and some great RIFFS.

This is the record i wanted to hear from them, all of the above just no.... MEH moments. Mike Sheindt from YOB doing a guest vocal, never a bad thing!!! Only slight thing if i was being picky would be the double layered vocals has gone, i loved that before, it gave it that little bit of an Ozzy feel i kinda like, but hey, its hardly noticable.

Good album 8/10

Donald Glover should stick to comedy and stay as far away from music as possible. Terrible stuff. 

I don't see any similarity to older kanye stuff either.

There's a couple of songs where he has a similar kind of flow to Kanye, and a similar sound to his voice, though not alot. My problem with CB stuff is that there's maybe one or two good songs for every 15 total shitters. He does a lot of junk. If he was consistent, he'd be great, as some of his lyrics can be good, but there's a whole load of crap to wade through, so it's just not worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...