aberdeen-music

Breaking Bad final episodes (contains spoilers)

kirsten

It's annoying me how Walt's completely lost his ability to come up with cool schemes to get himself out of jams.  I guess the greed and power corrupts thing is the reason that he got lured into the desert in the first place, but it was a shit ruse.  You'd never have expected that sort of pish to work on the kingpins that Walt toppled previously, and amazing plots are his whole thing.

That's just... wow. I'm still in shock of every moment from beginning to end. I did sympathise with Walt when he looks down and sees how scared his family has become of him. And when he cries when he's on the phone because he obviously wants nothing more than to take Holly back to Skylar but can't get caught. Just... wow.

I wish I'd been able to watch all these episodes in one binge session than waiting a week between them all. I think I enjoyed the show more when I was steaming through seasons 1-3 very quickly than going an episode at a time with the last couple of seasons. I definitely think Hank's death would have had more of an impact on me without having a week to think about it, sure that it was coming.

I found it odd that he was so upset that Hank died, it didn't fit with how they'd developed Walt over the season so far. I watched the episode again last night to see if I'd been unfair on it the first time. It's great tv but still don't think it's special by Breaking Bad standards. Definitely think it was a huge mistake having Hank die at the start of this episode rather than the end of the previous one.

I found it odd that he was so upset that Hank died, it didn't fit with how they'd developed Walt over the season so far. I watched the episode again last night to see if I'd been unfair on it the first time. It's great tv but still don't think it's special by Breaking Bad standards. Definitely think it was a huge mistake having Hank die at the start of this episode rather than the end of the previous one.

I think Walt was always the same though, no matter how much a bad-ass he became, family was always a high priority, if not his highest priority. Hank was still family, all Walt wanted to do was evade him, not take him down.

The only ending I really want is Jessie and Walt to reconcile but that's looking pretty much impossible now. Hank dying (dieing?... seriously how do you spell that?!) completely blew away any power balance dynamic there was. That was such a huge part in the entertainment factor : when's hank gonna find out, will he catch him, will walt outsmart him? It'l be interesting to see how they shift that dynamic now Hank is dead.