aberdeen-music

Breaking Bad final episodes (contains spoilers)

kirsten

Todd is badass. I was disappointed to find out that Todd brought guys with machine guns. I was hoping he'd iced them all alone. That would have been great.

I hated the ending though. It was total soap opera. All it needed was the Eastenders drums.

Where's Walter Jr? Have they mentioned where he is and I've missed it, or has he been removed from the show due to popular demand?

Todd is badass. I was disappointed to find out that Todd brought guys with machine guns. I was hoping he'd iced them all alone. That would have been great.

I hated the ending though. It was total soap opera. All it needed was the Eastenders drums.

Where's Walter Jr? Have they mentioned where he is and I've missed it, or has he been removed from the show due to popular demand?

I believe he is still out the house as the dinner with Hank and Marie was cancelled he asked for a late curfew.

Isn't that his white supremacist uncle with prison connections? I have a funny feeling they'll be in amongst what goes down at the White household.

I'm a little bit underwhelmed by this series. Don't get me wrong there's been some really good episodes but for me, everything was kinda tied up when Fring died. The lab was gone, the cartel wiped out, Fring took the fall for everything with the DEA, Hector was dead, Fring's operation over, it felt very final and I think they should have just left it there, rather than start a whole new chapter that feels a bit tacked on at the end. I think it's too late in the story to start introducing new characters, new syndicates, a new lab / meth operation etc.

I'm slightly lost with the blue-coated chick and this 'Todd' guy. The previous episodes seem like ages ago and I only half remember the full extent of what's going on. That said, thoroughly enjoyed the episode. Netflix is terrible at handling sound so the whispering was a joke. Aside from that, it had a nice tense atmosphere to it and the fleshing out of Hank's knowing was much needed to set up the next few episodes.

I'm a little bit underwhelmed by this series. Don't get me wrong there's been some really good episodes but for me, everything was kinda tied up when Fring died. The lab was gone, the cartel wiped out, Fring took the fall for everything with the DEA, Hector was dead, Fring's operation over, it felt very final and I think they should have just left it there, rather than start a whole new chapter that feels a bit tacked on at the end. I think it's too late in the story to start introducing new characters, new syndicates, a new lab / meth operation etc.

Also Walt would have 0 money.  In fact I think he said -$40k because Skylar gave all their money to Ted.  I guess they'd have the car wash though.

• Upvote 1

I've definitely liked season 5 more than 4 and don't agree at all that it would have been better to finish it there. Sure one part of the story was wrapped up but I'd have been very unsatisfied if we never saw Hank find out. The whole point of Walt's arc was for him to become the villain, I think this final season was very necessary. 

I'm slightly lost with the blue-coated chick and this 'Todd' guy. The previous episodes seem like ages ago and I only half remember the full extent of what's going on.

Todd worked for Vamanos and got in on the meth business when he helped jack the train of methylamine. He shot the kid. Jesse left so Walt gave him a crash course in chemistry, so he can cook an okay product. However, he has no clue how to setup a lab or obtain the required ingredients himself.

He used his Dad and the nazi inmates to get rid of Mike's guys in prison before they blabbed after the DEA seized all of their money from Gus's offshore accounts.

Lydia works for Los Pollos Hermanos's parent company in charge of shipping and distribution. She continues with Mike, Jesse and Walt after Gus was dead by shipping his product to Czech, the biggest Meth market in Europe. Once Walt was out, the standard of product dropped so she needed to sort it out.

So she needed to get Todd and his cronies back cooking. But Todd needed everything in a lab including the kitchen sink, since he's actually clueless.

Hence, the massacre in Arizona.

Hope that helps :)

Edited by Teabags
  • Upvote 3

Todd worked for Vamanos and got in on the meth business when he helped jack the train of methylamine. He shot the kid. Jesse left so Walt gave him a crash course in chemistry, so he can cook an okay product. However, he has no clue how to setup a lab or obtain the required ingredients himself.

He used his Dad and the nazi inmates to get rid of Mike's guys in prison before they blabbed after the DEA seized all of their money from Gus's offshore accounts.

Lydia works for Los Pollos Hermanos's parent company in charge of shipping and distribution. She continues with Mike, Jesse and Walt after Gus was dead by shipping his product to Czech, the biggest Meth market in Europe. Once Walt was out, the standard of product dropped so she needed to sort it out.

So she needed to get Todd and his cronies back cooking. But Todd needed everything in a lab including the kitchen sink, since he's actually clueless.

Hence, the massacre in Arizona.

Hope that helps :)

Im sorry but could your recap be a little more comprehensive?

Jesus.

(Thanks)

Holy shit! How has Jesse suddenly just figured all of that out, though? He knows that it wasn't ricin that poisoned Brock, so has he just realised the totally mental way in which he was manipulated by Walt in under a minute? Also WHO THE HELL IS SAUL'S GUY?!

I'm wondering how (if...) Jesse'll find out that Walt could have saved Jane from dying. He's got to find out, riiight?

Speaking of, I saw Vince Gilligan do two Q&A sessions at the TV Festival in Edinburgh last week* and in one of them he said that his original idea was for her not to choke on her own vomit, but for Walt to make her OD by injecting more heroin into her as she was passed out. This was vetoed by his writers. I'm so so glad they said no to that. I think that might have made me stop watching as it would have been too bastard too soon for Walt.

*also I met him and got my photo taken with him and totally fangirled at him instead of asking him serious questions that I'll never get the chance to now. He is in the top 0.02% of nicest people I've ever been lucky enough to speak to and I pretty much want to marry him based on his facial hair/soft Virginia accent combo.

• Upvote 1

I'm confused as all hell. Didn't Walt poison the kid with Lily Of The Valley? What does that ricin cigarette have to do with anything? Did they even use the ricin? I'm a bit lost. He framed Fring to get Jesse on his side but then Jesse realised it wasn't Fring... Someone needs to join the dots for me here. This is why I prefer to watch things in blocks rather than week to week. I forget half the plot.

Ah ok. I got it. Never mind. Jesus that took a bit of thinking (reading).

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Ricin

Just so I'm clear: Walt had Saul nick the ricin, poisoned Brock with the plant, and convinced Jesse that Gus had stolen his ricin cig and used it to poison Brock. Then once Jesse helped him kill Gus, he planted a fake ricin cig in Jesse's house so he'd think he just dropped it. Jesse bought all that, but figured out from Huell dipping his pockets for the weed that that's where the ricin cigarette had gone during this time, and surmised from this that Walt had used it as a prop to turn him against Gus. Is that right? Or am i still missing something?

I'm still a bit confused as to how the hell he could have figured all of that out in just a few seconds, despite the fact that Walt was careful to cover everything up, even down to using the plant rather than the ricin. It's almost as if it's a plot device designed to move the story along and I'm being too cynical... :oops:

I'm still a bit confused as to how the hell he could have figured all of that out in just a few seconds, despite the fact that Walt was careful to cover everything up, even down to using the plant rather than the ricin. It's almost as if it's a plot device designed to move the story along and I'm being too cynical... :oops:

My assumption was that Jesse has been mulling over recent events for a long time, but the old switcheroo was the final piece of the puzzle to him.

EXCITING ENDING!

he obviously doesnt burn the house down as in the flash-forwards the house is just worn out, not burnt up.

can only assume that walt jnr is home and will ask jesse what's going on, at which point he'll tell walt jnr everything, or that walt gets home with that weird frozen gun.

if he DOES start a fire of some description, it might burn that lotto ticket with the co-ordinates on it

My assumption was that Jesse has been mulling over recent events for a long time, but the old switcheroo was the final piece of the puzzle to him.

EXCITING ENDING!

I think a large part of it was also when Jesse confronted him in the desert. "Can you stop working me for 2 minutes?!?!" So yeah, he's been thinking a lot recently and coming more and more to the realisation that Walt has constantly manipulated Jesse in to doing his bidding by pretending to be the concerned Dad. Then the ricin cigarette popped back into his head.