aberdeen-music

Breaking Bad final episodes (contains spoilers)

kirsten

This is the old theory about the copying traits from people he's killed thing. But with updates from episode 9. Which makes me think it might be true, but hope to god it isn't. Mainly due to this picture:

enhanced-buzz-23227-1376394198-10.jpg

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/this-breaking-bad-theory-is-pretty-mindblowing

He put the bacon into a "52" on his birthday which Skyler normally does, that must mean HE'S KILLED SKYLER!!!

Have to admit this theory has passed me by. Got any other examples?

He put the bacon into a "52" on his birthday which Skyler normally does, that must mean HE'S KILLED SKYLER!!!

Have to admit this theory has passed me by. Got any other examples?

I could only ever think of ways he mimicked Gus, before reading these today:

-After killing Crazy-8, Walt starts to cut the crusts off his own sandwiches.

-When he is at the bar with Mike, Walt has his whisky neat and Mike has his on the rocks. After he kills Mike and goes round to Hank and Marie's, Hank pours him a drink and he says he'd like it on the rocks.

Also, in the new episode, there are lots of Gus-isms that he does. The way he acts with Lydia at the car wash is how Gus used to act when Walt would turn up at Los Pollos, "hiding in plain sight". Then, as he threw up after the chemo, he put a towel down on the floor by the bowl to lean on, like Gus did when he wiped out the cartel with the poison.

So now the theory is that he must kill Jesse as Walt's wearing his jacket in the flash-forward, and he must kill Skylar as he makes his age out of bacon like she used to. We haven't seen Walt brewing beer, collecting minerals or shitting yet, though, so it suggests Hank is still alive in the flash-forwards.

-edit- Just found the article I read earlier: http://www.buzzfeed.com/lukelewis/this-breaking-bad-theory-is-pretty-mindblowing

I didn't pick up on Skylar's maiden name, though.

Edited by kirsten
  • Upvote 1

(I bloody love being able to geek out on theories like this, LADZ! My Sopranos-viewing was too lazy by the time it finished, so I missed out on discussing possible outcomes with anyone while it was still on. As much as I love it, I think Breaking Bad has overtaken it in the race for MY HEART <3 )

I still don't get the Skylar hate, you bag of dicks.

I found Skylar extremely irritating in the early seasons. In the first couple of seasons it's easy to excuse Walt's criminal behaviour. You want him to be successful, to earn money to help his family. All Skylar's presence does is make it more difficult for him. She gets angry at him for things he's essentially doing to help her. I think it makes sense that I and others took a dislike to her.

However my attitude changed once she started helping Walt and then more so as Walt's behaviour got more and more cruel. I find it a bit odd that it seems most people have stuck to their original opinions of the character and not warmed to her in the same way I have. Having said that she can stil iritate in certain scenes (shut up shut up shut up), but in one season 5 episode there was a very creepy scene with Walt and Skylar in bed and afterwards I read a couple of comments online by people say they'd hoped Walt was going to rape her.  :down:

I still dislike her. I disliked her from the start. Even before he got in to meth. Her and Marie, with all their differences, are exactly the same in the way that they are so intrusive and everyones problem has to be their problem. Especially the talking pillow scene. I was so with Walt. I could understand where she was coming from, but she just wasn't even willing to really listen to what he was saying. Sure Walt's been out of order, doesn't make her any less of a cunt though.

Having said that she can stil iritate in certain scenes (shut up shut up shut up), but in one season 5 episode there was a very creepy scene with Walt and Skylar in bed and afterwards I read a couple of comments online by people say they'd hoped Walt was going to rape her. :down:

I read this and had to check if it was Young Adolescent. On second read it wasn't that bad but still...

I think that people are too sensitive about viewers disliking Skyler... I personally think that you're supposed to.  While Walt's facilitating people destroying their lives with meth, murdering, blowing up old people and being a pompous fuck, he's never quite slipped into the role of villain to the viewer.  Meanwhile, Skyler is doing altogether more down to earth bad shit like smoking while pregnant, nagging people, having an affair, fixing Ted's accounts, being fairly insensitive to her cancer-riddled down and out husband, supports her breakfast devouring son when he changes his name to fucking Flynn, she won't let Walt have a totally rad car, she's mean to Jesse.  What a tiresome cunt... but I reckon the viewer is lead to view her as a less preferable person to root for than Walt, who is ruining thousands of lives with the cool blue meth that he's worked so hard to make for a couple of years.

As an aside, the people who call for her character's raping will be first against the wall when my regime kicks off.

While Walt's facilitating people destroying their lives with meth, murdering, blowing up old people and being a pompous fuck, he's never quite slipped into the role of villain to the viewer

I'd disagree and say he was the villain for season 5. With Gus dead Walt is now at the top and he's doing horrible things not to protect himself or people close to him but just to make more money than he could possibly need and to enjoy wielding his power over others. He won't let Jesse do what he wants, he doesn't care about the innocent boy being killed by Todd, he kills Mike. This season has definitely been a turning point for me, I'm rooting for Jesse and Hank, not Walt.

I think it's similar to the Sopranos. Early on you want to hope that Tony has some good in him but by the end of the show you just have to accept he's a dickhead.

I'll just have to ignore the Youth Adolescent comment or I'll spend all day  ;(

Edited by Paranoid Android