aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

SImilar to Lucky's pronunciation of 'ballache' as 'bal-a-chie', I can't see Al Fayed without singing his name like this (skip to 1:18):

I was gonna start a thread of these actually...

Santa Monica Boulevard - can't not say it like the Sheryl Crow song

Constantionople - self explanatory

Trying to come up with a thread title is tough.

Edited by ca_gere

Hearts seem to have been dishing out kickings to everyone since their relegation was confirmed. So weird. It was like finally being relegated lifted the pressure off them. Are they allowed to sign players in the summer? (And do they have any money to?)

The good form actually started just before relegation was confirmed, but I think it was all but done in the players heads so you could be right about playing without the pressure. I think Hearts will do well next year in that division.

Results not going hibs way tonight.

Edited by Paranoid Android

Rio is a total boob. However, he's been pretty good on BT Sport the occasions he's been on this season. Surprisingly insightful. As boob-ish as he is, he's got a sound tactical head.

He'll be better than Chris Waddle, who is a bitter old codger.

Big Bad Brad is a top bloke too.

Was it BBC that had Seedorf and Leonardo? They were great. Especially Clarence. Just boot Waddle, and replace him with the wonderful Clarence, then it's a good punditry. You need Savage in there to even it out. He'll be a laugh.

I agree. I hate Savage. He'll see this as his big moment in the spotlight and try his infuriating 'I tell it like it is' schtick. Leonardo and Seedorf would just straight-talk about football and not give a fuck how their bantz goes down on twitter.

Real Madrid have just completely fucked any real chance of winning the league. 2 Draws in the last two matches, who would have predicted that?

Now it's back in Barcelona's hands too, they'll proper go for it in the last game (assuming they beat elche this weekend). 2 draws will do for Atleti though.

They would have. Their losses weren't far off of City's losses. I didn't actually realise being in Europe was part of the criteria. I thought all professional clubs in UEFA were subject to FFP. Though it makes sense why Monaco aren't in the shit. Astronomical amounts of money in the red.

That's Hibs down to 11th. One game to go. So am I right in saying then that 3rd plays 4th over two legs, then 2nd plays the winner of that tie over 2 legs, then Hibs would play the winner of that tie? That seems unfairly stacked in favour of the SPL team. One game vs potentially 5. I'd have said either put the 4 of them in equally, or just 2nd v 3rd, Hibs play the winner. In a league of 10 there shouldn't be a prize for finishing 4th.

That's Hibs down to 11th. One game to go. So am I right in saying then that 3rd plays 4th over two legs, then 2nd plays the winner of that tie over 2 legs, then Hibs would play the winner of that tie? That seems unfairly stacked in favour of the SPL team. One game vs potentially 5. I'd have said either put the 4 of them in equally, or just 2nd v 3rd, Hibs play the winner. In a league of 10 there shouldn't be a prize for finishing 4th.

Devils advocate is that the non-SPFL team have already won anywhere between 1 and 4 games and have a pile of momentum behind them as opposed to the shitey Hibs/Killie XI that have been taking regular hammerings. (Hamilton Comicals smacked 10 past Morton on Saturday. Ouch.)

Nae worried about that though, just glad that the Montrose/A******h derby is back next year, fuck yer El Classico....

Edited by Scorge

Blackpool denied speaking to Jackie McNamara.

Club Statement.

Dundee United confirms it has denied Blackpool FC permission to speak to Manager Jackie McNamara.

The Manager has been kept aware of the situation and declared that he is fully committed to the Club and very happy to remain at Dundee United for the foreseeable future. 

Jackie McNamara said, "While flattered at the interest shown, I am very happy at Dundee United and wish to continue the job and build upon the foundations laid down over the last eighteen months or so. I view the approach as a positive endorsement of all the hard work undertaken by everyone at the Club in that period and have no plans to leave. All of my focus is on the forthcoming William Hill Scottish Cup final and preparations for the new season ahead."

Rio is a total boob. However, he's been pretty good on BT Sport the occasions he's been on this season. Surprisingly insightful. As boob-ish as he is, he's got a sound tactical head.

He'll be better than Chris Waddle, who is a bitter old codger.

Big Bad Brad is a top bloke too.

Was it BBC that had Seedorf and Leonardo? They were great. Especially Clarence. Just boot Waddle, and replace him with the wonderful Clarence, then it's a good punditry. You need Savage in there to even it out. He'll be a laugh.

Still, no one can compare to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink when it comes to football punditry.

I hope Michael Owen is nowhere near the World Cup commentary. Biiiggg ZZZZZs from that boring bastard.

Still, no one can compare to Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink when it comes to football punditry.

I hope Michael Owen is nowhere near the World Cup commentary. Biiiggg ZZZZZs from that boring bastard.

I'm struggling to remember seeing Jimmy Floyd doing punditry.

Michael Owen is a total bore. The tone of his voice annoys me. He's not bad for inside knowledge of teams he's recently played for. United and Stoke, mostly, and a bit of Newcastle. He seems to love a bit of gossip. He did once say he wanted to become an Agent, so that makes sense.