aberdeen-music

2013/2014 Season

Eupraxia

I especially liked this bit:

Ian Black was emblematic of what went on.  It is perhaps unfair to pick out one player above all others for treatment, but Black's deterioration since he joined Rangers has been unmistakable.

He has played - and bossed - bigger cup finals than this.  The reason Rangers signed him in the first place and gave him such an outlandish wage, in Scottish terms, was because he has done it on a decent stage with Hearts.

In that first half, the only leadership and direction Black offered happened to bring Rangers down a dead-end route.  His first act was a free-kick that went sailing beyond its target - a pattern that continued.  He got the ball and he hit it too long.  He got it back and he hit it too short.

In Black's head, he must think he is some gorgeous amalgam of Xavi and Andres Iniesta.  In reality, too often, he was Mr Magoo.  Whatever chance Rangers had of building momentum crashed and burned with Black.

Exactly the reason these fucking mercenaries shouldn't have joined a team in the lower divisions just because of the wages on offer.

My heart is also bleeding for Ian Black right now.

• Upvote 1

Bebe's done it again

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/man-united-loanee-bebe-blasts-home-a-beauty-for-pacos-v-sporting-lisbon-in-front-of-old-trafford-scouts-video/

Bit hard to see because of the mental FOG. The last replay is the clearest. Tight angle. Pure daisy cutter. Smash.

11 goals now and 9 assists, playing from the wing. Highest scoring Portuguese player in Primeira Liga, and highest scoring player overall in the league this calendar year. Nominated for Young Player of the Year. Ronaldo aside, Portugal lack quality wide players. Bebe could force his way to Brazil if he keeps scoring. Wouldn't that be something.

McCoist has had a nice jolly as manager when there was fuck all to play for and no competition, once they get back up to the SPL they'll need to find a real manager though.

Are Hearts allowed to sign players next season?

2 things from yesterday:

1. Fat Salary McMoist will be banging down the chairman's door today telling him how yesterdays result is proof that his squad aren't good enough to compete in the championship next season and he needs another 5 million to the playing budget to ensure promotion to the SPL.

2.It's quite shocking how far players like Law (a standout at Motherwell IMO) and even Daily 10+? goals a season in the SPL have dropped since joining that shower! Not that I have an ounce of sympathy for them, the longer players like Law, Daily, Black, McCulloch, Wallce continue to steal wages from 'The Rangers by the way big man but' the better.

I don't often comment on Sevco due to my pure hatred for them and I can feel my blood boiling so, to sum up. Fuck sevco and all who sail in her they deserve all that is coming to them 

2 things from yesterday:

1. Fat Salary McMoist will be banging down the chairman's door today telling him how yesterdays result is proof that his squad aren't good enough to compete in the championship next season and he needs another 5 million to the playing budget to ensure promotion to the SPL.

2.It's quite shocking how far players like Law (a standout at Motherwell IMO) and even Daily 10+? goals a season in the SPL have dropped since joining that shower! Not that I have an ounce of sympathy for them, the longer players like Law, Daily, Black, McCulloch, Wallce continue to steal wages from 'The Rangers by the way big man but' the better.

I don't often comment on Sevco due to my pure hatred for them and I can feel my blood boiling so, to sum up. Fuck sevco and all who sail in her they deserve all that is coming to them 

While i'm not defending Rangers in the slightest Jon Daly has scored  25 goals this season and Nicky Law has scored 11 so they've hardly been ineffective this season in their current environment.

Sevco are a horrible football team that will be found-out against Dundee United on Saturday. I think they'll take an absolute battering. There is nothing more to their game than artless hammer-throwing and pinging the long ball onto Jon Daly's head. The first Albion Rovers game illustrated this perfectly, when they shoved that useless Mohsni lump up front because they didn't know how to play their way through a squad of painters and decorators. They are absolutely turgid and McCoist has done the absolute bare minimum required of him. It'll be interesting to see how they do next season, when the difference in quality between their players and other teams' won't be so pronounced.

Bilel Mohsni is a horrific creature. Every Sevco fan I speak to talks about him as if he's the second coming of Paolo Maldini. Yesterday's balls-up was just perfect. A clogger of the highest order and the perfect personification of Sevco's primitive approach to football.

I don't enjoy much schadenfreude in football any more, but I was delighted with what happened to them yesterday. Hopefully they won't be with us at all in another year or so.

• Upvote 2

I love Mohsni, he's great. The new Amoruso/Kyrgiakos/etc/etc. Foreign centre back with lots of hair but prone to a mistake. Seems he's found his level, anyway.

With Hearts in the Championship next season under more shrewd ownership and with the youngsters they have after a season hardened to the Scottish Premiership they will surely go into next season as favourites for the league. Unless Rangers splash out on wages again to sign the likes of Boyd and/or pick some of those youngsters off (which is not unlikely).

The likes of Lee Wallace and Ian Black must surely feel the time has perhaps come for them to leave for the mystical land that is the English League One, too, especially if they have any hopes of rekindling an international career. Wallace particularly, and I jest about L1; he's clearly a good player and would slot into an English Championship side no bother IMO.

I don't wish any goodwill (in footballing terms) to the likes of Ian Black and Lee Wallace who turned their backs on playing at a decent level to chase the cash in lower league football.  I hope they stay at Rangers and Rangers do not get promoted next season and then go bust, with the likes of these players who clearly are capable of playing at a better level having wasted another year of their short careers pissing about on high wages and ruining their chance of playing for their country.  Total mercenaries.

Wallace was a Rangers player before they went through the turmoil, took wage cuts etc to stay with the club out of loyalty because they saw him through an injury, I believe.

I have a modicum of respect for Wallace if this is the case however the likes of Black, Templeton, Law, Bell, Daly, Shiels etc etc etc can totally gtf.

Wallace had also just had a kid and didnt want to move his family south at the time. Fair play to him, he has stuck it out, probably at the expense of his international career. The rest were money grabbing bastards who wanted the pay day and an easy couple of seasons, which has shown in almost every single rangers game i have watched. 

I had actually forgotten that Wallace was already there.  I take back that comment in relation to him.  The rest of them though...

Templeton was one that was sticking out in my mind - a very promising young player just chasing the money.

As much as I think McCulloch is a cunt for all sorts of reasons, I have no issue with him hanging around - he's the kind of player that should have probably stuck around.  They should have been blooding young players, but holding onto a few of the old heads like McCulloch who has bags of experience.

But no, they just did what they've always done - LOOK, HERE'S A SHIT LOAD OF MONEY, come and play for us.  We're in the bottom tier of Scottish Football?  So?  HERE, HAVE SOME MORE MONEY.

Dicks.

I especially liked this bit:

Exactly the reason these fucking mercenaries shouldn't have joined a team in the lower divisions just because of the wages on offer.

My heart is also bleeding for Ian Black right now.

I like Tom English, he's not afraid to tell it like it is.

It's great to see that Niall McGinn has stopped trying to impersonate Fernando Torres and remembered he's capability of doing mental things on a football pitch. Great brace last night. Just thinking, Aberdeen have scored some absolute pearlers against Hibs this season. Vernon's falling over/top corner scoop at Easter Road, Flood's thunderbastard at Pittodrie, and now McGinn's double. Lovely stuff.

Hibs' current plight reminds me a lot of Newcastle's relegation season. Feels like there's a giant cloud of "meh" surrounding the club at the moment, which is no wonder. They've been kicked in the balls time and time again, and Pat Fenlon left Terry Butcher with an awfully poor squad. 1 win in their past 13, inc. losses to St. Mirren, Partick and Hearts. They're in massive trouble, imo.

Ibrox should be decent enough on Sunday, although I wonder how sparse it's going to be. I've heard whispers that St. Johnstone have sold <1000 tickets. Maybe that'll stop them throwing chairs at their own 'keeper this time.

Edited by Murrr

Its crazy to think that McGinn has scored 14 goals this season, having gone 19 without a goal, just imagine what he could have been on if he had been on fire, and how many more points we could have had, 3rd could have been sealed already. Still great to see him back in form, we really need a few guys chipping in with the goals. 

Was gutted for Rooney last night, that would have been some goal had it gone in.